Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has utopia always been full of cowards?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by knucksicus View Post
    Since I have come back, the following strategies are very common:

• Waving kingdoms quite a bit smaller expecting war
    • Tagging hostile and hitting out of hostile
    • Tagging hostile for an unlimited amount of time
    • Abusing game mechanics and then taking moral highground

I monarched 10+ ages and it used to happen occasionally (and you would make them pay for it). Now its every second kingdom.

Even Pyros hitting out of hostile.... thought this kingdom was alright.

Its just a game peeps. Crowning these days isnt even an achievement as there is no competition.
    Other trending strategies are
    "we will raze into your next war" and
    "we will drag hostile till EOA"

when things don't go their ways!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    Other trending strategies are
    "we will raze into your next war" and
    "we will drag hostile till EOA"

when things don't go their ways!
    I hear this probably 3-5 times an age, for the last 7 ages. It's never happened... I mean sure Bart greened us for a month and a half once, but he was the aggressor lol. Other than that, we got 1 wave into a war? And we deserved that for sending an emerald into their war earlier in the age, both sides thought it was fun in the end.

But without fail I hear, "we're not charting/we don't care, we'll hostile/raze until eoa, nothing better to do. Every age I hear we'll raze into your future wars. Every age as defender or aggressor we hear this and it just doesn't happen. And people hate us! If it were to happen to anyone you might suspect us so... It's like it's every single KDs trump card, their biggest threat they break out 30 minutes into a wave...

yeah, and then when you actually carry it out, people whine like "WTF?!?! You actually MEANT that?!" and boo hoo...
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Demon
    Having few provinces can sometimes be an advantage, got waved by Sleepy 2 ages back on 6, they could gain nothing from my people after initially waving and we had all provinces with smite after half of their hits, we then took back the land without giving relations since they refused to discuss cf terms, they tried a second time after which we got our cf, my people finnished high in rankings almost all.

I heard Sleepy imploded, we got 1-3 for nw in Humans that age, 1 for land in Dryad and and Elf in t5 out of 6 starting provinces and a latecommer, several of which ended up on the overall t100.

It seems Tetre is somehow doing even better this age than we was back then, got a few nasty threats like what Bananamancer is describing from when our Elf decided that Emeriti was a splendid target for his 2nd hit all age (gave unfriendly on his first, I think to Frostgiants who only answered with ops and LL), have not gotten any threaths like that after moving back into ghetto tier which is part of why I went back there, can't deal with adult babies who think this is more than a game.

Needs to get out more
    Funny, because I'd barely have a play style if it weren't for bigger kingdoms looking for acres and scientists: it's the most reliable trigger for action in the game. By contrast, I'm too softhearted to whore. I really enjoy the competition in the big leagues, even enough to comply with bot and com links. Still, my guilt complex prevents me from prime whoring.

My entire game, outside of war, was trying to get more from retal than I lost from the attacks. I see bullies as a necessary evil for me to enjoy Utopia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

It seems so... as the playerbase dwindled and got older, the balls seemed to get put in the wives purses.

-AoA-

Director of Age Changes
    Why are you naive enough to believe in 'hostile' tags in the first place?
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Why are you naive enough to believe in 'hostile' tags in the first place?
    It's not naivety, it's a question of curtesy. And some few players are morally inept enough to think, if they random you because they're avoiding meteor showers, that you shouldn't retal.

I don't, or didn't, random anyone so it's somewhat irrelevant to me. Still, there's some reality disconnect in gaming. Being parented by the Internet renders the common behavior of previous generations out of the lesson plan. It's easy for analog vintages like myself to spot these peculiarities in the online generation.

Thus, some of us respect the hostile tag until proven otherwise. Most players random and they can snatch news to verify tags, and/or white knight a bullying situation. It's my impression the OP is aware of the hostile enigma, but listed it as a general blah-blah-blah point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

honestly, it is enough to make me want to randomly avian raze into wars for the giggles of it
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Thread Information