Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has utopia always been full of cowards?

Post Fiend

Has utopia always been full of cowards?

Since I have come back, the following strategies are very common:

• Waving kingdoms quite a bit smaller expecting war
    • Tagging hostile and hitting out of hostile
    • Tagging hostile for an unlimited amount of time
    • Abusing game mechanics and then taking moral highground

I monarched 10+ ages and it used to happen occasionally (and you would make them pay for it). Now its every second kingdom.

Even Pyros hitting out of hostile.... thought this kingdom was alright.

Its just a game peeps. Crowning these days isnt even an achievement as there is no competition.

Yes, it has always been so
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    It's a culture.

When you're in the kingdom getting "bullied" there's always guys that freak about retaliation on both sides.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock! ~ Carl

My motto is to retal, and to retal the baddest first. Then the bully starts crying and the resource conscious kingdom mates start crying. It's why before retirement I went to micro-kingdoms so I could just play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Yes, it has always been so
    I obviously had rose coloured glasses on.

Maybe its because there are less kingdoms these days :\

Disappointing.

my favourite is having to message a kingdom about war instead of just plain old waving and seeing what happens - apparently that's bullying as well
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy| View Post
    my favourite is having to message a kingdom about war instead of just plain old waving and seeing what happens - apparently that's bullying as well
    Not bullying. Just outdated and obsolete strategy :(

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by knucksicus View Post
    I monarched 10+ ages and it used to happen occasionally (and you would make them pay for it). Now its every second kingdom.

I agree with you - it's annoying. Make some of them pay for it! If everyone who felt like you picked a few of those kingdoms each age and made them pay, the "tactics" you described would become more risky!

Guys has water always been wet??

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Not bullying. Just outdated and obsolete strategy :(
    yeah suppose I play this game like I did when I started - aggression still my favourite tactic :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Guys has water always been wet??
    are we talking water water or frozen water???

but lets not go there - its like asking if there's any noise made when a tree falls and no-ones there to hear it

The only thing there I would be able to offer a reasonable response to would be: "Waving kingdoms quite a bit smaller expecting war"

With less kingdoms in the game and the elevated value of a win, kingdoms won't accept a war unless there is a strong likelihood of a win. As such when they go after targets they go after targets they think they have a chance of winning against. If there are 6 kingdoms in 90% range of a kingdom, 2 of those will be in war, 2 will be in hostile, 1 will be uberpumped or a bad setup for them to take on, and that leaves you.

Then there's the fact that kingdoms have a tendency to run less than 25 players. The only way for a 25 man kd to wave a 22 man kd and get either reasonable gains or not have the 22 man kd have a prov size advantage is to wave a kd that has the same average province NW as them, which will invariably mean they are 10-15% lower NW. Don't like a kd with 25 provs and 10-15% larger kd nw waving you? Run 25 provs yourself. Else stop complaining and either put up or shut up.

Other than that, agree on fake tagging (also, war agreed is a joke tag, even when it's being used properly) and abuse of mechanics in ways clearly not intended.
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    Then there's the fact that kingdoms have a tendency to run less than 25 players. The only way for a 25 man kd to wave a 22 man kd and get either reasonable gains or not have the 22 man kd have a prov size advantage is to wave a kd that has the same average province NW as them, which will invariably mean they are 10-15% lower NW. Don't like a kd with 25 provs and 10-15% larger kd nw waving you? Run 25 provs yourself. Else stop complaining and either put up or shut up.
    Sure thing champ. Will get 25 provinces with the extensive player base we have.

At any rate, I never commented on the 25 vs 22 provinces as this is just part of the game.

My kingdom have warred kingdoms with more provinces a couple of times this age and will do in future. It was only about kingdoms that look to take wars with every conceivable advantage instead of manning up and learning from mistakes.
    Last edited by knucksicus; 04-06-2018 at 07:38.

Consider the playerbase is smaller you notice things like this more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by knucksicus View Post
    Even Pyros hitting out of hostile.... thought this kingdom was alright.
    Err pyros? Who? Who's leading that group lol.
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

omg nesta is still alive?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Thread Information