Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2889 provinces

And if we lower kingdom sizes probably nothing much will happend cause we still lack the people willing to lead additional kingdoms and there will be the top and then the rest will stay artifically small to avoid reacher higher up in the charts cause too good competition.

^ This is why the game is in it's current state.

I'm not here to argue. You have players that you have marginalized from the game, that's a pure fact. Be constructive and try to solve it versus pushing the elitism that makes this game so painful to play or even discuss and you may make progress with building a player base, mate.

Edit; by argue; I mean banter. I am of course posting here because I seek to make arguments and propositions in favor of changes that could increase the player-base or potential growth of players. No one wants to see Utopia go! Building on that point, just be constructive. "Get good"; "holding the hands of bad players", and such statements aren't conducive to setting an inviting tone to new players. My point stands, further proven.
    Last edited by KingTyrant; 12-06-2018 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTyrant View Post
    ^ This is why the game is in it's current state.

I'm not here to argue. You have players that you have marginalized from the game, that's a pure fact. Be constructive and try to solve it versus pushing the elitism that makes this game so painful to play or even discuss and you may make progress with building a player base, mate.
    There is no elitism, there is people willing to dedicate more time and then there is lazy people like you that want to do everything but dont want to dedicate the time and effort to do it properly. There is supose to be effort behind success.

There are people like you - who may measure their success in Utopia War Wins - and there are people like everyone else - who measure success by how they spend their free-time outside of Utopia. There are people like you - who think it's reasonable to demand a monarch spend 24/7 online to run a kingdom in this "game" - and there are people like everyone else, who see a smaller time commitment as being more reasonable, while being no less dedicated.

What I'm saying is fact. You have many Utopia players. Many don't play because they have become marginalized by the above subjective views. Utopia can be a game for both views, but simply isn't in it's current state.

There are people like you - who may measure their success in Utopia War Wins - and there are people like everyone else - who measure success by how they spend their free-time outside of Utopia. There are people like you - who think it's reasonable to demand a monarch spend 24/7 online to run a kingdom in this "game" - and there are people like everyone else, who see a smaller time commitment as being more reasonable, while being no less dedicated.

What I'm saying is fact. You have many Utopia players. Many don't play because they have become marginalized by the above subjective views. Utopia can be a game for both views, but simply isn't in it's current state.
    Bro gotta stop with the straw man arguments if you want to make some sorts of serious argument. I have mentioned none of the things you just brought up i just think people that dedicate more time shouldnt be punished cause there is lazy people that dont want to make the effort.

Nothing you said was a fact they are opinions. Opinions that are wrong but opinions.

Bro, you'll have to stop neckbearding me by putting Utopia and success into the same sentence and being serious about it before accusing me of being, quote " lazy people like you that want to do everything but dont want to dedicate the time and effort to do it properly."

It is a fact. Players are marginalized because they think it's ridiculous and unreasonable to spend so much time in Utopia. Count me as one, for sure. It's a fact that if a game demands 24/7 activity, that it's too much, given the fact that people have lives outside of Utopia. Mostly. Most people. Fact.

Bro, you'll have to stop neckbearding me by putting Utopia and success into the same sentence and being serious about it before accusing me of being, quote " lazy people like you that want to do everything but dont want to dedicate the time and effort to do it properly."

It is a fact. Players are marginalized because they think it's ridiculous and unreasonable to spend so much time in Utopia. Count me as one, for sure. It's a fact that if a game demands 24/7 activity, that it's too much, given the fact that people have lives outside of Utopia. Mostly. Most people. Fact.
    You dont have to spend 24/7 in Utopia, thats rather dumb you cause you cant do **** most of the time. You could play in a successfull kingdom and spend as little as 20 minutes per day in Utopia for example. Dedication isnt spending hours and hours in Utopia its being willing to commit when things get real. But its obvious that you dont have any actual insight in Utopia and work from some outdated assumptions about Utopia. :)

I can concede that my views may be outdated. It's true, or so I've heard, that it's both legit and commonplace to have 5 sitters for 25 provinces nowadays - definitely makes the micro a bit easier than when cross logging was a bannable offense in the past. No one really actually plays Utopia anymore, Korp, you're right, mate! Players have more spare time than ever before!

You can seek to undermine my points, but I'm sharing my insight as a potential player and customer by extension. If the company wants to monetize via a larger player base, they need smaller kingdom sizes and a second server as I've described in posts above. I've offered some food for thought.

I don't think it's even debatable at this point based on this exchange; the environment for new players and potential growth in players is terrible. It's further compounded by the behavior of players with 9,000 posts openly making poor attempts at blocking progressive proposals based around personal attacks with arguments such as "get good" and accusations such as "you're lazy". Way to make the entire community look good, mate!

You can't also expect "bad players" to get better if players from good kingdoms don't play with them.

Most great players want to stay in competitive KDs. (And do).

If they arent...they are probably not actively helping their ghetto get better to their full capacity as if they were in a good kd.

Like if it was realistic to think that we can wait for top kds to accept noobs to their roster for mentorship..

Pfft
    Last edited by DonJuan; 12-06-2018 at 19:18.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    You can't also expect "bad players" to get better if players from good kingdoms don't play with them.

Most great players want to stay in competitive KDs. (And do).

If they arent...they are probably not actively helping their ghetto get better to their full capacity as if they were in a good kd.

Like if it was realistic to think that we can wait for top kds to accept noobs to their roster for mentorship..

Pfft
    It's true. In ghettos I am much less involved. But i try.

As for this dude arguing with korp, lolololo

Post Demon
    for all the calling people lazy or bad my bet is Korp don't even have a province currently.

Needs to get out more
    I'm perplexed by the number of kingdoms that require bot usage and 3rd party com systems and get virtually nothing out of either. It appears they think they need this stuff to compete yet don't pay attention to what actually gets the most out of team effort.

Targeting is a quadrant of an objective. When kingdoms want to target without stating objectives it becomes difficult to understand what they think they're seeing vs what's really going on. Can't get players to understand the idea of retaliation and meter strategy. Can't seem to convey the idea of watching honor as a status indicator. Few understand the relationship in dragon funding and economy. Few understand that relatively lower activity and predictability compounds their problems. Few kingdoms understand the importance of intel, from SN to Survey. If they did then the bot would be significantly more important and a 3rd party com system would be a strategic virtue.

There's nothing wrong with a kingdom being content where they are, but I'm not built to eat waves surrendering resources to kingdoms that are ripe for healthy gains through retal. The fact is, there are maybe 5 kingdoms that can wave or random and can come out ahead, if the victimized kingdom play their cards right. I'm including phone-a-friend provinces and multis. There's simply too much capitulation infecting the majority of the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Stop strat0

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    for all the calling people lazy or bad my bet is Korp don't even have a province currently.
    Im sure he does...and he is a great KD mate if you know how to use his style of play right.

I do also value his thoughts too just that its about time we break down some more walls
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Veteran
    lol, the decline of utopia has nothing to do with the new owners, elitism, stupid changes or marginalizing players. It's a game developed in the late 90's. It is an old, outdated product that can no longer attract a new crowd in fiercly competative gaming market. The product is simply at the end of its life cycle. Utopia will decline until the point that the owners are no longer willing to put in the money, time and effort required to keep things running.

Thread Information