Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2889 provinces

Post Fiend
    The game has be on a decline from 2004. I remember talking to the people that got me into the game. They were like you still play that game?! I got them to play again. But at the time, they were using all the **** strategies that people were claiming to be good and it was not fun for them. I told them to use my strategies and they did and the game got fun for them but they were getting attacked by their own kingdom because they were doing to well. A lot of people left for one reason. The game was not longer fun. And that could mean many things. Better games were coming out. But from what I seen most stop playing because they got tired of people ruining the fun for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You stated a fact that the forums have been in decline since Bart was banned. I stated a fact that the game has been in decline since I quit playing. Afterwards, I asked you if you saw the problem with your facts.
    When did I claim those were facts? You blubbering buffoon!!!

Since you don't see the problem with these facts and you don't seem to appreciate Korp spelling it out for you, I'll explain. Bart's presence on the forums and my presence in the game are completely irrelevant to the greater trends of the games/forums decline.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    People not posting here or new people joining has 0 to do with Bart. People do not post here because the majority use the discord channel which is set up with the same topics for bugs and suggestions and the mods are actually there online instead of having to post stuff here and wait for answers. Game actually evolved alittle bit to a faster way to connect with them instead of this .
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    You can disagree all you want. I know you idolize Bart but facts are facts. Go to Discord and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Facts are facts, that's a fact.
    Unless you were just making an awful joke about facts in that last quote and not doubling down that Bart being banned lead to killing the forums, in which case, my bad lol

I'm just repeating what he said since I can't disagree with a tautology.
    The post doesn't make much sense or offer any real view or anything, just like the earlier "I disagree" that started this doesn't.
    Everyone is welcome to the party though, at least someone around these parts still knows how to get a thread rolling.

Much love.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Right here.

Unless you were just making an awful joke about facts in that last quote and not doubling down that Bart being banned lead to killing the forums, in which case, my bad lol
    I think we know the point that happened and it surely wasn't when Bart was banned.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

You can tell who is a good player and who is a bad player from a meta standpoint regarding kingdom sizes.

Lowering kingdom size to 15 or any number will accelerate the demise of the game.

It's not hard to understand - I will illustrate with a simple thought exercise.

In a 15 v 15 match up, losing 1 player turns the matchup into 14 vs 15. Losing 2 changes it to 13 vs 15. Do you see what's happening? Every province is more important when you have less.

In a 25 v 25 match up, losing 1 player is 24 vs 25. Losing 2 is 23 vs 25.

I don't understand why you nubs required 8 pages to discuss something that makes no sense. It's just a simple get good analysis that needs to be undertaken.
    The End of an Era

I think 15 is too small...but I have advocated lower sizes. I get your point in regards to % of productivity when you are missing players (once the kd is officially full)

The game kinda has already semi-lowered kd sizes to 22....as it auto-fills to 22.

I guess I have come to the compromise that all kds should be 22.

I guess the real issues stems from this auto-fill to 22...making two physically different defacto classes of KD fight for the same pool resources.

This kinda causes the issue where most KDs (less experienced) avoid and db kds because war conditions arnt favorable...including uneven player counts.

You can make the case to set auto-fill to classic settings (25 players)...but I would argue our current player size can't support it.

22 players max, auto-fill to 22
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Current system is fine. The rest comes down to player socialization & platforms for such, and growing the player base.

Post Demon
    2889 Provinces and a Meep aint one

Play with me meep

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    I think 15 is too small...but I have advocated lower sizes. I get your point in regards to % of productivity when you are missing players (once the kd is officially full)

The game kinda has already semi-lowered kd sizes to 22....as it auto-fills to 22.

I guess I have come to the compromise that all kds should be 22.

I guess the real issues stems from this auto-fill to 22...making two physically different defacto classes of KD fight for the same pool resources.

This kinda causes the issue where most KDs (less experienced) avoid and db kds because war conditions arnt favorable...including uneven player counts.

You can make the case to set auto-fill to classic settings (25 players)...but I would argue our current player size can't support it.

22 players max, auto-fill to 22

Finally, someone agrees with me that the auto-fill feature is what is causing the issue.

So simple to fix too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda9To5 View Post
    Leadership really is the problem. The difference between a good active leader and a bad one is day and night. Problem i see is that the good ones don't *want* to lead any-more, and can't blame them, it's a 24/7 job and extremely unrewarding.

All the more baffling that nothing is done to address the leadership issue, the extra steward is a band-aid at best. But what leaders need is access to their kingdoms provinces build/army setup, and an easier way to get into war (just automate war start once kingdoms agree, make it possible to agree war to start 24h/48h in advance, make this binding, so that once two kingdoms agree to war neither can bail out and war starts after 24h/48h, whatever both agreed to). And *please* drop that reverbim chat thing and replace it by something that can actually send push messages to alert the bloody kingdom.

Some automation during of war would be peachy (a way to easily set targets, a simple if-this-then-that to automate orders to individual provs (eg is prov x attacks you, ambush pls, etc) but not be biggest problem at all.
    People seem to agree that the problem is caused by the lack of experienced players. Imo, the quoted post is very relevant and i am surprised it was not followed up.

I have seen many experienced players leave as it takes too much time to play competitive. Yes, a regular experienced player can greatly reduce the amount of time spent on utopia (especially if they do not help the monarch) but this is not the case for the leadership. Everyone who has been to the position needs no explanation for this.

Thus, to prolong the death of utopia it should be made easier to lead. This means better communication, built-in intel (integrate umunk), additional automation and any other suggestions that would help to save time. Yes, making changes is expensive but why not ask contribution from the community? We have quite many devs among the players.
    Last edited by x4rced; 30-06-2018 at 05:43.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by x4rced View Post
    People seem to agree that the problem is caused by the lack of experienced players. Imo, the quoted post is very relevant and i am surprised it was not followed up.

I have seen many experienced players leave as it takes too much time to play competitive. Yes, a regular experienced player can greatly reduce the amount of time spent on utopia (especially if they do not help the monarch) but this is not the case for the leadership. Everyone who has been to the position needs no explanation for this.

Thus, to prolong the death of utopia it should be made easier to lead. This means better communication, built-in intel (integrate umunk), additional automation and any other suggestions that would help to save time. Yes, making changes is expensive but why not ask contribution from the community? We have quite many devs among the players.
    I'd say lack of replies to the Yadda9To5 post has to do with the type of player that generally replies in forum. Many here are leaders and those who don't lead are generally in formidable kingdoms.

Can't argue with your evaluations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

people being bad at the game is not new.

sometimes things just reach its end life.

thats just the natural order of things.
    The End of an Era

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    people being bad at the game is not new.

sometimes things just reach its end life.

thats just the natural order of things.
    bad as you and your pen pal Godly, and still you spam the internet

anyway is this thread sad or gloating, if it is the latter - good job, well done

Thread Information