Thread: Revamp Dragon Stats

Revamp Dragon Stats

I suggest changing the way dragons are funded. Make them like rituals. Since you can activate a ritual at 50% effectiveness, you should be able to launch a dragon at 50% effectiveness once half funded. It can be called the "Quasimoto" dragon or something like that since it will be launched at not full effectiveness. I also suggest adding recognition names to the dragons like "Kingdom Recognition". For example:

-50-74% Effectiveness - "Quasimoto XXXXXXX"
    -75-100% Effectiveness - "Gimpy XXXXXX"
    -100-115% Effectiveness - "The Valiant XXXXXX"
    -116%+ Effectiveness - "The Invincible XXXXX"
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Bump
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    I like this idea but the hp of each drake would need to be rethought otherwise a 50% sapphire will be dead in a blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfric View Post
    I like this idea but the hp of each drake would need to be rethought otherwise a 50% sapphire will be dead in a blink of an eye.
    Hate to say it but a 100% saph is dead in the blink of an eye also lol
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    That was my point, lol, so half a blink?

sapphire is, as my old king described it, insta-killed.

Post Fiend
    Does anyone use sapphire? Every time we've funded/sent one it's dead within 1-2 ticks...is it worth increasing it's stats? Most wars we get one of the other three, emerald is really hard to fund unless you start off with a pot of gold.

Do people feel the pain of dragon or do they sometimes just let them be and fight on while chipping away at it slowly...is there any sense of urgency to kill dragons? That's why I think dragons need to be more destructive at all levels...dragons should be painful to endure and should urge the kd to kill it asap, tbh, I think Mehul had the right idea, his dragons were a pain and also it wasn't suicide to kill, you sent off x number of troops and x number would return after killing x number of points.

I believe we need a complete dragon overhaul rather than small tweaks but in the absence of that we should tweak them so they are painful...I mean it's a dragon after all!

“My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

I like this idea!

I would also like if all dragons have same HP and cost modifiers. So you can make a saph with emerald hp if you put enough gc into it.

An alternative could be that you determine strength before you start it and thereby set cost and hp.

Post Fiend
    I like that idea, it actually that makes sense, if we were to have 50% strength dragons then make them all same hp and the more you fund it the stronger it becomes, this'll make dragons far more interesting as more people might choose sapphire if you can fund it to decent strength...so the kd with better economy will pump out stronger dragons making economy even more vital to war.

Strategy Moderator
    or you could have every dragon give the same effect it currently does but the % effects only hp. a 50% hp saphire could be strong enough to use for a single nm wave..while a 300-400% gold for example could neigh be unkillable

you just have to be precise with your use of a sapphire, is all...

i would think with rituals becoming much more prevalent, seeing dragons less and less, we could make them cheaper, and have slightly less effect, maybe slightly more effect/GC, though...

i dont mind the idea of combining all or most the dragons' effects into one, and have the only variable be the amount of resources invested in the dragon, which would have direct effect on its HP. All dragons would have the same effects, something like;

-10% lower income and the loss of 20% of new draftees
    -15% Higher military losses in combat
    -20% lower magic & thievery effectiveness
    -Reduces building efficiency by 15%
    -Reduces military effectiveness by 5%
    -one province per tick(maybe every 3 ticks?) basically takes a raze+massacre from the dragon, or something to this effect :D

you would need a certain minimum to fly any kind of dragon, and at this 'minimum' investment level your dragon would have 'sapphire' HP, but you could keep investing more and more, beyond current emerald, im sure there would need to be some sort of diminishing gains on HP/resource invested. (i personally think you should be able to invest GC or units into the health of your dragons)

i also dont think its unreasonable to allow KDs to fund and nurture a dragon and decide its target later. This might require some sort of new "Spy on Dragon" intel op, though.

im always linking this when ppl talk about dragons ;) http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Dragons-abound! .... some 'outlandish' ideas i had

Post Fiend
    RattleHead, how about this...as you said all the effects in 1 dragon but the 1st 50% becomes sapphire, then the more you fund the more effects it develops as well as more HP, so a 100% will be all effects, +100% higher HP with diminishing returns.

I also like the idea of feeding a dragon to give it higher HP before sending, so gc is needed to fund it to 50% but to increase it's HP at 50% you would need to donate your resources and troops, so food/runes/soldiers has smallest increase in HP whilst specs/elites/wizs/thieves have higher boost in HP?

Sounds like a nightmare to code but would make dragons and funding way more interesting.

Thread Information