Thread: Revamp Ambush

Exclamation Revamp Ambush

I do not know if this has been asked or suggested before but here it goes... I am suggesting that AMBUSH be revamped.

Ambush attacks should be 80% of the attacking force and here's my reasoning to why...
    This age, I am playing Dryad and it pisses me off that I lose half the acres I gain on almost every attack with ease from my opponents.
    The reason? I attack with an all-elite army, so my defense on an ambush is almost nil.

Here is my example: If I attack a province with 1000 Huldras (6/0), my defense on an ambush would be 4800 (1000 x 6 x 80%) - Not too bad.
    HOWEVER... If I attack with 1000 Wisps (10/1), my defense on ambush is considerably less at only 800 (1000 x 1 x 80%) - That sucks!

Why does the game punish attackers? I think that the AMBUSH should be 80% of whatever the offense was to attack a province regardless of whether it's offensive specs and/or elites.
    This would give attackers a better chances to keep acres.

Yeah, I could use War Spoils or Anonymity but then I don't get the Honor so that sacrifices rising in Nobility and getting those bonuses.
    Look at almost every kingdom and the races that are traditionally attackers are usually in the bottom half. The six top overall provinces in this age of the game this age are all Elf.

Please give the attackers a little more love next age.

That's my 2¢ -- Thanks for reading.

-JT

Postaholic
    You are asking for "attackers" to get more love, but your example of a 10/1 wisp is specific to a race. Most of the people doing ambushes are other attackers, so it isn't really good or bad for attackers, it is just good or bad for specific attacker races.

Usually the elites with the highest offense value also has the lowest defense value. This is there so that there are pro's and cons when selecting race/personality.

You could run a dwarf as an attacker and people would be more deterred to ambush you, or you could run Dark Elf that naturally has 8/0 offensive spec (similar to other race's attacking elites I might add) and it would give you the ambush protection you are looking for.

There are also options of using anonymity which prevents you from being ambushed, or using war spoils. You could also play an avian and add some more attack time bonusses so that you can attack people that attack you first and return before them so they dont have a chance to ambush you before your armies are home.

There are lots of mechanics already existing to help an attacker out for preventing or deterring ambushes, you just have to utilize them.

You already made this thread

Veteran
    Ambush already nerfs the attacker by stripping all bonuses.

Thread Information