Thread: Scientists / nerd grabs - values & protections

Scientists / nerd grabs - values & protections

Kind of curious with the current NW/Land based gains on hits. All this age I have hit out for nerds. There has been two cases where I gained more than 4 nerds. I have tried to target guys above me within the 100-120% NW range, in bigger kingdoms etc. None of which seem to matter. If I hit someone lower NW than I, I get 2-3 nerds with a max of 4. The people I hit have good science, 130 + nerds and the last one I hit was in the trifecta zone. Was 109% NW, 100 acres difference, was a kingdom just slightly bigger than us and had the same amount of nerds I have - 190. I got 4.

Recently in the last 36 hours. I have been hit 7 times for nerds. The first two hits against me got 6 nerds per hit. Then the next 4 hits got 4 per hit and the last one got 6 again. The last 5 hits have all happened within the last 24 hours. The last hit was 6. So, there seems to be zero gang bang protection for nerd grabs. I also have 20% in Unis. Which have not seemed to help in the slightest in terms of peoples gains vs me.

So whats the point in getting unis? or even having gang bang protection if none of this carries over to the science? Do you need to go sage to get any kind of protection?

Is any other kingdom having this issue? It is also not just myself that is having the same issue within the kingdom. It doesn't help we just lost a bunch of players and have now dropped heavily in rankings so we are getting fed off.
    Last edited by durkah; 20-06-2018 at 04:51.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by durkah View Post
    Kind of curious with the current NW/Land based gains on hits. All this age I have hit out for nerds. There has been two cases where I gained more than 4 nerds. I have tried to target guys above me within the 100-120% NW range, in bigger kingdoms etc. None of which seem to matter. If I hit someone lower NW than I, I get 2-3 nerds with a max of 4. The people I hit have good science, 130 + nerds and the last one I hit was in the trifecta zone. Was 109% NW, 100 acres difference, was a kingdom just slightly bigger than us and had the same amount of nerds I have - 190. I got 4.

Recently in the last 36 hours. I have been hit 7 times for nerds. The first two hits against me got 6 nerds per hit. Then the next 4 hits got 4 per hit and the last one got 6 again. The last 5 hits have all happened within the last 24 hours. The last hit was 6. So, there seems to be zero gang bang protection for nerd grabs. I also have 20% in Unis. Which have not seemed to help in the slightest in terms of peoples gains vs me.

So whats the point in getting unis? or even having gang bang protection if none of this carries over to the science? Do you need to go sage to get any kind of protection?

Is any other kingdom having this issue? It is also not just myself that is having the same issue within the kingdom. It doesn't help we just lost a bunch of players and have now dropped heavily in rankings so we are getting fed off.
    Step 1, check kd page. Where do you and your kd draw the line on hits, are they organized, bigger, smaller, range, scary, etc. Are they tagged, pumped, fat.
    Step 2, SN, check for hostiles, hits out, whatever indicators you deem good for hits.
    Step 2, SoT. Check GBP, resources, defense, offense resources. If they can hit you more, harder, faster, if GBP is high, if they're a sage, consider new targets. Keep in mind the best gains are usually from the hardest/scariest targets. This can work in your favor but tread lightly. This in both terms of kd and province.
    Step 3, depending on SN, SoM. Anon hits, or proof their army is out, check and see. Return time, what kinda hits they are doing, def home.
    Step 4. Surveys and sos. Check uni, check science count. Check build overall, are they goona hit back hard, cheap, fast? Are they eco, do they have hosps, labs, GS. Builds that look like fighting vs sitting. Science, are they all eco? All fight? Tm? mix? Fighters will fight, TMs goona hit you with ops, eco usually hides from a fight. Cost of business and move on.
    Step 5. Good enough? move on? have stealth? Armies out on a mediocre hit is usually better than sitting home. Allies got stealth? Does your bot have targets in the last 24 or 72 hours that could be hit.

Gains- GBP on sci hits is extremely low, maybe 1/3 of land hits. Sci will usually drop by 1, or stay the same.
    Gains are about 6% in a perfectly ranged, no bonus up or down hit. 1/20 to be safe.
    Hitting up NW. 90-110%, perfect, 120% lose 20% gains, 1:2 rate of change. 130%-60% gains
    Hitting down. 90-110%, perfect, 80% lose 30% gains. 1:3 ratio. 85-85, 80-70, 75-65... Gains fall fast.
    GBP lite, -20%, mod -40%, hev -60%.
    Uni, I forget the numbers, 20-25% loss/10%.
    Sage, 20 or 30% -gains.

Play the meter game. Often times, KDs will limit to normal relations. Single hits with more gains win this trade, it's also a speed game. If you trade 6:4 sci every 24 hours, it's a gain. If you get hit for 4, double back for 3 then 2, or hit for 3 then 3, think I'm winning the trade, your ally gets hit for 4 also, KD down 2-3 sci. Go 4 then 4 vs 3 and 2, but kd is bigger? Maybe they wave your ass.

Big KD waves you? land or sci, can you follow meter for more sci? You can trade land and NW for a lot of sci fighting back and taking more/meter, rare will a KD even in a favorable position max meter. They waste too much time.

I'll edit my ramblings, but just random thoughts...

Thread Information