Thread: Restrict confusing prov/ruler names

Restrict confusing prov/ruler names

I suggest the following rules to be prohibited from province or ruler names:

• Race keywords only: "Orc", "Avian"
    • Pers keywords only: "Heretic", "Mystic"
    • Race+pers combinations only: "Orc Heretic"
    • Above but with filler articles/words only: "the orc", "that heretic" (example fillers: "a", "the", "that", "this")
    • Single-letter or numbers only: "A", "B", "C", "1", "2", "3", "24", "25"
    • Nobility ranks/titles in ruler names: "Knight", "Count", "King"
    • Prefix/suffix in ruler names: "the Skeptic", "the Warrior"

This suggestion is to make it less confusing when writing RC commands, and also to allow to make things less ambiguous for parsers and Discord chatbots. The single-letter/numbers thing is so that any chatbots that prompt a user to select a province from a list can allow the user to enter the province name (which can be long) or can enter A-Y or 1-25 from a multiple-choice list.

Anyway this is just a minor suggestion, but I will appreciate it since I am thinking of writing my own Discord bot.

Veteran
    I tend to agree, especially with the final suggestion which is ONLY ever used for confusion.

Cry more

Regular

the entire time

I understand the idea behind this idea from a bot-confusion perspective, but I don't like the idea of preventing races being used as province names.
    Almost entirely because I've a kingdom-mate of 20+ ages who has gone by "Avian" as a province name the entire time. If he wasn't Avy, I don't know what on earth we'd call him.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Thread Information