Thread: Your Favorite Dryad

Needs to get out more

Your Favorite Dryad

Tell me now.

What's your preferred dryad personality?

Thank you for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Merchant. And thank YOU!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Demon
    I'd probably pick Paladin for reduced loses and great spellbook although War Hero was much easier to play and probably the stongest and most flexible pick.

I know most people playing Dryad has chosen Tactician, but I do not think it the right choice to waste a personality pick to negate their speed disadvantage.

Sage might work too, but I'd not go with undead as Dryad is a magnet for hits with reduced loses for the attacker and defender vs Dryads, so the elites would simply die to hits when army is in.

I sometimes wish they had gone with the more extreame Treent that was suggested with 12/12 elites, -3 generals and + 4 hours to attack time or something similair, would have made for a bit of a harder challenge.

Enthusiast
    Sage or war hero or paladin.

Sage lets you be an Atm, with TM comparable to a bad heretic, and military to rival any core. Run higher def but not full turtle. Tools sci, housing sci, and military strength means you can run rax without sacrificing much. All around solid.

War hero. Avian had a +25% credit bonus, but dryad has a lot more than a +25% offense :p so credits will come hard and fast.

Pali, I think simply over powered this age, though through its breadth of advantages over any single strength. Half guilds means free rax if you want to play like that.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Merchant. And thank YOU!
    I know! What the heck?!

My recollection was of top kingdom guys saying you take 24/7 advantages > over stuff that's hitched to active use.

~ Consensus looks like war hero, and I can fit that in.

Thank you guys.

You see I can't build The Virtual Kingdom by myself. I want the provinces to be something a player would enjoy playing. You've done well.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I know! What the heck?!

My recollection was of top kingdom guys saying you take 24/7 advantages > over stuff that's hitched to active use.

~ Consensus looks like war hero, and I can fit that in.

Thank you guys.

You see I can't build The Virtual Kingdom by myself. I want the provinces to be something a player would enjoy playing. You've done well.
    I think if put war hero as 3rd out of the three.

The virtual kd would have 2-3 WH max? I feel the war hero dryad is quite a fickle thing, fragile. Perhaps not best for a stable pf caster, but if played tanky, it's be more reliable, and could even use ws on a rare occasion despite the return time.

My favorite way to play a dryad is where you've equal or slightly higher offenses as other core, but can sport an impressively higher defense.

This was done quite well 1-2 ages ago, I want to say baraloco? Ran dryad warriors with early max sci in housing and military, it made for an insane offense, while having high defense, TPA, and peon count to maintain be. It made quite a powerful package. With a slightly balanced personality list, I see warrior rising and paladin falling.

Edit: that's when warriors had bloodlust as well.

Needs to get out more
    Input is always welcome. I'll show you what I'm doing; the process.
    Despite how late it is in the age, my endeavor is to have a snapshot of age 76s balance; in planning for age 77.

So here's a staging draft

Avian:
    Avian:*

Dryad: war hero
    Dryad: war hero

Dwarf: paladin 1
    Dwarf: undead

Human: sage 1
    Human: warrior

Orc: tactician
    Orc: undead

Bocan: heretic 1
    Bocan: heretic 2
    Bocan: rogue 1

Dark Elf: mystic 1
    Dark Elf: paladin 2
    Dark Elf: sage 2

Elf: heretic 3
    Elf: mystic 2
    Elf: sage 3

Faery: mystic 3
    Faery: paladin 3
    Faery: tactician

Halfling:*
    Halfling: rogue 2
    Halfling: rogue 3

And here's a distribution draft

3.*

2. Bocan heretic
    3. Halfling rogue
    4. Dark Elf mystic
    5. Dryad war hero

1. Bocan rogue
    2. Elf mystic
    3. Faery tactician*
    4. Faery paladin

2. Bocan heretic
    3. Halfling rogue
    4. Faery mystic
    5. Dryad war hero

Consider each count of 1 through 5 as a division. While I do these divisions by equidistant GMT, it also serves the racial spread of 5 races x 2 for 10 provinces, and 5 races x 3 for 15 provinces.

Personality spread is 2 persona x 2, and 7 persona x 3; thus, not as easily pluggable as race. My consideration for strategy overrules pretty alignments, but the illustration helps me see the attack, tpa, wpa and economy theater.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Strategy Moderator
    dryad warrior go all out with some who has big off ;).
    undead orcs
    bocan warhero
    halfer rogues
    darkelf mystics
    elf sage
    avain paladin
    i guess that leaves human/dwarf/feary...heretic/tact....hrm doesnt match up perfectly. guess those are a crapshoot.

Enthusiast
    I like bocan for mystic. Bocan wants honor, mystic is inevitably the #1 honor personality. Heretic a second but generally behind.

I started the age dark elf sage, I'm extremely sad I didn't get to continue. But the KD needed a fae/pal :'(

Avian:pali 1
    Avian:pali 2
    avian:warrior 1

Dryad: sage 1
    Dryad: warrior 2

Dwarf: war hero 1
    Dwarf: tact 1

Human: sage 2
    Human: heretic 1

Orc: undead 1
    Orc: undead 2

Bocan: mystic 1
    Bocan: mystic 2
    Bocan: war hero 2

Dark Elf: hertic 2
    Dark Elf: undead 3
    Dark Elf: sage 3

Elf: rogue 1
    Elf: mystic 3

Faery: tact 3
    Faery: paladin 3
    Faery: Heretic 3

Halfling: rogue 2
    Halfling: rogue 3
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 30-06-2018 at 07:11.

Enthusiast
    Distribution.

The control: Focused on econ control, taking advantage of lowest TPAs for damage ops.
    1. Human heretic 1
    2. Bocan mystic 1
    3. Elf rogue 1
    4. Dark Elf Sage1
    5. Dryad Sage2

The hard hits: Bringing the hurt, threatening the unthreatenable.
    1. Dryad warrior1
    2. Orc undead 1
    3. Orc undead 2
    4. Avian Warrior2
    5. Dwarf War hero1-runs as support draft, but is always there to PF and help out the OPA whores.

The support draft. Enter war higher ppa average. Take in mediocre land. for stead economic growth.
    1. Fae tact1
    2. Fae pali1
    3. Bocan war hero2
    4. Human sage3

Those hard ops. Take the barest bones final chain hits to conserve t/m
    1. Elf mystic 2
    2. Halfling rogue2
    3. Halfling rogue 3
    4. Faery heretic 2

The tanky NM chainers.
    1. Dark elf heretic3
    2. Bocan mystic 3
    3. Dark elf undead 3
    4. Avian pali 2
    5. Avian pali 3
    6. fae tact, pali double category.
    7. dwarf tact 2
    8. Bocan war hero double category
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 30-06-2018 at 07:22.

Post Demon
    Dryad Warrior will just get focused down, only works in masses and who is going to mass Dryads when Orcs do a better job at kiling things.
    Same with Tactician it only works if it plays well together with what the rest of your kindom does, thus not the best choices for a kingdom build on diversity like TVK.

Needs to get out more
    Forgive my absence. We had inventory today and I'm the guy that makes sure everything physical matches everything digital in the freezer.

@ Persian. Thank you. Heretic and tac I can work with. I know there's a quiet dwarf tac cult out there..somewhere. - I'm still waiting for players to stand up for warrior: players who like playing warrior, not forced. Pillz apparently chose DE warrior, if only out of curiosity. Seems to create an interesting duality.

@ Bananamancer2000. Very nicely illustrated. I like your focus and perspective. It's difficult to step outside of my own perceptions, so I do appreciate your strategic artwork.

@ Madchess. You probably have the most valuable experience running dryads. I can't think of any other players that have taken dryad into the field(the untamed world) and conquered as deeply as you. - My inexperienced perceptions tell me that dryads in war environments must be conscious of metamorphosis. It occurred to me as an incomplete thought that I'll share:

We all know the dryad will get chained. We want dryad to break a t/m during hostile before they're chained. I had this funny thought about after the dryad accomplishes the mission of breaking, it may want to focus on something different. I wasn't able to talk much with a dryad sage we had in kingdom a couple ages ago, but I noticed he did pretty well. I also knew a guy who ran an avian sage who was dangerous enough to chain and then became a dangerous ops caster. I'm not hedging toward my precious sages, lol, but perceive that dryad players should be playing chess with their build.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Demon
    Bocan war hero works better for the purpose of getting chained I feel, 4 wars and only 1 won, got chained all our losing wars still ended up comming back and got unbreakable in 2 or 3 wars as it was never quite finished for lack of offenses or because they moved on to the next victim. Off was mostly gone, but cold still use thieves to be a nuicance and in the war we won got a sizeable ecconomy near the end, only drawbacks I focused to much on tpa and not enough on wpa and never had time to pump science. Got a decent game out of constantly resetting scientists all age, especially the first two wars this was effective against people who used static professors and thus had a higher nw with the same or less military.

Thread Information