Thread: Personality: Slaver (A/T focussed personality)

Postaholic

Personality: Slaver (A/T focussed personality)

Personality: Slaver
    Thieves do not desert due to overpopulation
    Prisoners are replaced by "Slaves" that count as 1 job, generate 1.5 gc, attack as 6/0
    All land can hold 1 slave
    Can send 1 slave for every 4 normal troops
    10% of slaves sent on attacks return as thieves
    +35% Military and Thievery Science effectiveness

Unique Op: Greater Kidnap - Kidnaps peasants and turns them into slaves. (Regular kidnap is still available for getting peasants)
    Spells: Invisibility, Quick Feet
    Starts with +400 soldiers and spec credits and +400 thieves and +400 slaves

The heartbeat behind this personality comes from a lot of discussions I have had with people when talking about kingdom setups. It seems everyone desires for an A/T hybrid to work, but most of the issues come down to 2 things:

1. Thieves die to overpopulation. An A/T by nature desires to be an attacker and a thief all throughout the war. An A/T is very vulnerable to being deep chained (Unless the A/T plays extremely selfishly and uneffectively through building way more defense than they should, making them a non-effective attacker and/or a non-effective thief). So I want the slaver to not have thieves desert when they get deep chained. Heavy attackers are able to retain a large part of their offense even after being deep chained, making them just as effective at attacking (albeit with less overall offense) after being chained. The Slaver will have the ability after being deep chained to release thieves or military to soldiers and aid them out to provide whatever a/t balance they feel they need to be effective at their job (currently by the time their troops are home they have already deserted most of their tpa away, so the choice is made for them to remain a sup-par attacker and non-existant thief for the rest of the war).

2. No true A/T Personality. There are some decent races usually that can work as an A/T but no personality really works. Rogue isn't bad, but is purely T focussed, and there are several A options that are purely focussed on offense. There is the ability to obviously pick an attacker race with a thief personality and vice versa, but it never really fits right.

So yea. I like the idea of using some more obscure parts of the game (prisoners in this case). I think it would be a fun type of personality, and I think people enjoy playing with races/personalities that have interesting and fun dynamics to them. My goal for the Slaver is to have an A/T that utilizes Thief sustainability throughout fluctuations in land and obviously utilizing prisoners not just for war, but in peacetime as well (a dynamic that was obviously intended by the fact that prisoners forever have filled a job and generated income, but the draw has never been strong enough that it was worth keeping dungeons and prisoners in a build through eowcf/peacetime). I hope to change that with this personality.

Thanks,
    Venge

**edited with some tweaks from discussions on discord chat.
    Last edited by jmiedema; 02-07-2018 at 00:09.

Post Fiend
    Give it Accurate Espionage and 10% faster returns, and then have the personality replace Tactician.

Post Fiend
    Oh and maybe 20% of enemy thief losses on incoming thief attempts are converted to prisoners.

Postaholic
    I do like the idea of conversions, and am trying to make the personality as balance between attacker and thief as possible.

Someone did mention the idea of having X% of prisoners sent in an attack return to you as thieves. I kind of like that idea. Not a large % that makes it OP, but i like the idea that attacking helps thievery and thievery helps your attacking (the kidnapping prisoners op). It is nice for there to be good synergy between thievery and attacking.

Thread Information