Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: where be the power rankings?

Post Fiend
    Idk man your changing your tact, you spent the last few hours arguing the fairy would get chained down and have 0 offense and 0 defense and now your saying the opposite but that it gets your orc some extra hits topfeeding. Which is a better argument ill give you that, but still wrong imo.

If this is your logic i assume you advise your smaller attackers to just start out full elite from tick one of the war.

I gotta get off soon.

Strategy Moderator
    in a full kd wide v kd wide fight the feary should get smashed down so the orcs have people to feed on using spare offense so they are able to break bigger people. like in the 2v2 example i just abandon the 130k off orc to help win the big fight and assume its going to die in 1-2 waves. That seems fine and u could even do that in like a 3v3 maybe a 4v4...but as u start geting up in to large numbers u cant just sacrifise your orcs using 0 def becuase as u said its alot easier to "Recover" if u start with a high def.

Thats why if theres isnt enough low def targets to available for your high offense people to feed on then you would 100% of the time put in the effort it takes to take a feary whose trying to trutle to an insanely low def. I know just this past age i had a 2000 acre bocan taken down Hard. we had him turtle to slow the chain on him while we took out the main threats and built a massive wall of unbrekables. But man oh man did he get owned. By the end of the war he'd gone from like the 300-400k def to i wanna say 4k offense 10k def? i know at one point he was 50 acres and 3000 nw/acre lol. thats one of the like 3 wars we've lost in the past 15 ages too. turns out when the enemy can conquest down all your econ doesnt matter if they take a while to bring someone down. he fell, he fell hard and for the remaining 5 days of war he might as well of deleted for all he helped.

edit....point being yes once someone gets chained they either end up like him, they get ignored becuase they're useless enough they dont need to be finished or go 0 def and help out all war. u dont have many other options.
    edit 2...yes my small attakers i run as high of offense and as low of def as i think i can get away with before enemy t/m's can hit consequence free. thats typicall 14-15 epa and 5-7 dspec/acre late age (5:1 off/def ratio?)
    Last edited by Persain; 16-07-2018 at 11:38.

Postaholic
    Best power-ranking discussion in ages! :)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Is the takeaway to avoid elites as human?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by kalorful View Post
    Is the takeaway to avoid elites as human?
    Everything works in theory until you run into a heretic.

Aside from human efficiency is quality use of time. Even great kingdoms hit at the wrong time can succumb to inefficient builds. -See Realest YouTube docudrama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Sorry is that a yes or a no?

Based on my read of the power rankings it would imply from a net worth efficiency perspective it's better to train only specs? Would that be the general advice you give to your kd mates?

Edit: assuming I'm a human warrior

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kalorful View Post
    Sorry is that a yes or a no?

Based on my read of the power rankings it would imply from a net worth efficiency perspective it's better to train only specs? Would that be the general advice you give to your kd mates?

Edit: assuming I'm a human warrior
    yes nw wise specs would be better as far as raw military numbers go. however if u want any turtleness u'd need leets. My advise is always run leets...just dont overtrain leets and expect to use then as a surogate for undetraining dspecs. you can do that on dwarf for example.

Needs to get out more
    Indeed.

When you see numerical efficiencies you would be wise to look for land mines. Why is it efficient? What are the compromises, if any?

In this case we should remind ourselves of the t/m balances in how they function. We should consider the ramifications of facing a heretic or rogue. This advice goes to t/ms as well as bright eyed mechanics. If my kingdom had t/ms that were unaware of the ease with which they could dispatch a spec army I'd find that frustrating. Because as a joint effort I could handle their hard target; the rich with elites. They could get the spec heavy attacker off my flanks with mild resistance.

Constitution of army is important in how we approach enemies. It's all the more challenging when your t/ms don't engage spec heavy builds with ops/sabotage. I speak from experience, slogging with these brilliant human sages in the ghetto. It's because I'm experimenting in a lawless kingdom that these are non factors. BUT, if I was in an organized kingdom this would be exploited by my kingdoms t/ms in short order.

What you may perceive is the idea of the t/m exhausting their abilities on spec heavy builds, and I'm not saying that at all. As with any good kingdom all they require is an edge. They may hold their aces till a more critical juncture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information