Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: where be the power rankings?

  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    374

    where be the power rankings?

    I really enjoy the read.
    Monsters

    Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

    #MONSTERS


    "If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

    24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

  2. #2
    Forum Addict RattleHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,183
    I had decided I didn't feel like doing my version this Age, but who knows- maybe I will get bored this weekend! At least it would be less races

  3. #3
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,707
    We can do

    ~ What Feels Like a Badass ~ ranking

    My first submission will be one I don't believe in, but has that mechanical guru feel:

    elf war hero of spec-o-rama.

    * I'd keep going but my break is short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  4. #4
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,217
    war hero probably brings in a new dimension to this, probaby the best for a quick start, but you would need elf or faery to continiously make use of the conversions, possible dwarf would work too, but anything that is not going with off specs + elites for their ideal composition would be worse of as age progresses, +1 to off specs only works if they are more powerfull than elites or you might as well go elites insted.

    My guess is orc/undead will be in top 3 for combinations with dwarf getting chosen the least.

  5. #5
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    254
    I see fae, halfer and dwarf benefiting the most... elf least of the 4
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead,

  6. #6
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,217
    oh yes halfing would work too, it still gives you a t/m race to play attackr with and thus some less usefull benifits.

    Dwarf and Humans probably will get overrepresented in the top kingdoms for their ecconomy aspects.

  7. #7
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    210
    I have to guess that they did something that was not by mistake and I'm going to use it. I just wonder why they would do that?

    And it is not what you guys think and it is not elf I am talking about.

  8. #8
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,217
    Maybe it would make sense to compare generic warrior and generic war hero assuming +20% ME due to science and 200% payrate both using 10k off specs and getting +15% from TG's.

    Warrior would get 10000 x 6 x 1.20 x 1.10 x 1.072 x 1.15 = 97638 off points

    War Hero would get 10000 x 7 x 1.20 x 1.072 x 1.15 = 103555 off points so slightly better if full off specs, ritual honor and fanactism of course would bring this higher.

    Not at all that great diffrence, and since it is the only senario the war hero would win their bonus is not that impressive although their conversion is still great with specs.

  9. #9
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,707
    I was thinking about it from a whoring aspect in low nw fandango.

    Without abductions we may see many kingdoms resort to trad march randoms resulting in fat farms. I'm sure most kingdoms will learn to slough off the acres rather than actively whore. This might wake up some sleeping giants since abduction counter reprisals are no longer a threat to quality per acre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  10. #10
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,217
    from a nw perspective halfing/undead with untrained soldiers on horses might be most cost efficient army, but it would be shredded the moment relations comes into play, and it is more of a cool start strategy than anything you can deploy most of the age.

  11. #11
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,102
    if i redo a tad of it from my own stuff trying to match the spirit of the previous stuff i get

    Corrected verisoion thanks to ethan



    i know ethan balanced ratio of off/def, did a whole bunch of stuff like war hero inclusion and what not to try to balance it all i didnt.
    Similarllly i know Rattleheads stuff was pretty complex so i didnt even try to match his level of accuracy

    All did was build the 7 races at 400k nw semi normalize their def and scale to 2tpa/wpa on everyone.
    I "did" adjust for feary/halfer leets+offspecs because who would use dspecs and attack with leets on those 2 races lol.
    Last edited by Persain; 15-07-2018 at 21:39.

  12. #12
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    208
    And orc gets ambushed for free and no one will ambush fae 6 ospec yet all the faeries will turtle.

    Trying my best to convince my current kingdom to let me attack as a faerie and they just won't budge, insisting I MUST turtle.


    P.S Possibly looking for ANOTHER kd before this age starts.
    Last edited by Ganga; 15-07-2018 at 07:46.

  13. #13
    Post Demon
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,502
    Was just updating them now when I spotted this. Hopefully I've gotten all the right updates in. 'Tis quite late for me, so I'm off to bed without too much commentary on it, other than noting that there ought to be a lot of spec based attachers this age. (Not sure there will be, but there ought to be.)

    Rankings________OPA_____DPA___NW/A___MPNW_____%Max
    Dwarf____________137.9____59.1___256.3____0.768____81.34%
    Human___________142.1____60.9___261.3____0.777____82.24%
    Elf_______________146______62.6___268______0.778____82.40%
    Avian____________150.5____64.5___242.2____0.888____93.99%
    Faery____________135.1____57.9___216______0.894____94.61%
    No Race__________122.4____52.5___195.6____0.894____94.62%
    Orc______________154.3____66.1___245.8____0.897____94.98%
    Halfling___________140.8____60.3___222______0.906____95.89%
    Dwarf no Elite_____125______53.6___195.8____0.912____96.52%
    Avian no Elite______125.8____53.9___195.7____0.918____97.16%
    Human no Elite____128.5____55.1___198.1____0.927____98.09%
    Elf no Elite________131.5____56.4___201.3____0.934____98.83%
    Halfer no Elite_____134.2____57.5___202.9____0.945___100.00%

    So in general, this is looking pretty similar to Persain's version, which is encouraging to me. Biggest difference is Avian - I think it is because I don't simulate a full build, but instead use only some set buildings (10% homes, 20% TGs), and so I don't pick up on the no horses penalty, because no one has them in mine.

    Other differences is that I can put in GP, fanat, and BL, as well as TW. That, plus using 3 mTPA and 2.5 mWPA instead of the raw, causes a few switches. I stuck 115% Sci effect in for human... which might be a bit strong, since the spot for that works like sage in my calc - as an actually effect multiplier instead of just more.

    Halfer is showing quite strong for me, even the version with elites (which would be the comparable version) - while TW and TPA mod effect it a little, that still doesn't explain the big difference. I'm wondering if Persain didn't account (intentionally or not) for the pop bonus on halfer.
    Last edited by Ethan; 15-07-2018 at 07:56.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

    Think Different

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    626
    Thanks Persain and Ethan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Halfer is showing quite strong for me, even the version with elites (which would be the comparable version) - while TW and TPA mod effect it a little, that still doesn't explain the big difference. I'm wondering if Persain didn't account (intentionally or not) for the pop bonus on halfer.
    Your hafling is coming out far better than mine too (although my process is different -I've tried to adjust to get as close as i can without re-doing everything, but even then it is not fully nw-based). I have orc and avian ahead, then fae/hafling closely follwed by human/elf, and then dwarf behind (but i dont include dwarf BE bonus in that).

  15. #15
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Was just updating them now when I spotted this. Hopefully I've gotten all the right updates in. 'Tis quite late for me, so I'm off to bed without too much commentary on it, other than noting that there ought to be a lot of spec based attachers this age. (Not sure there will be, but there ought to be.)

    Rankings________OPA_____DPA___NW/A___MPNW_____%Max
    Dwarf____________137.9____59.1___256.3____0.768____81.34%
    Human___________142.1____60.9___261.3____0.777____82.24%
    Elf_______________146______62.6___268______0.778____82.40%
    Avian____________150.5____64.5___242.2____0.888____93.99%
    Faery____________135.1____57.9___216______0.894____94.61%
    No Race__________122.4____52.5___195.6____0.894____94.62%
    Orc______________154.3____66.1___245.8____0.897____94.98%
    Halfling___________140.8____60.3___222______0.906____95.89%
    Dwarf no Elite_____125______53.6___195.8____0.912____96.52%
    Avian no Elite______125.8____53.9___195.7____0.918____97.16%
    Human no Elite____128.5____55.1___198.1____0.927____98.09%
    Elf no Elite________131.5____56.4___201.3____0.934____98.83%
    Halfer no Elite_____134.2____57.5___202.9____0.945___100.00%

    So in general, this is looking pretty similar to Persain's version, which is encouraging to me. Biggest difference is Avian - I think it is because I don't simulate a full build, but instead use only some set buildings (10% homes, 20% TGs), and so I don't pick up on the no horses penalty, because no one has them in mine.

    Other differences is that I can put in GP, fanat, and BL, as well as TW. That, plus using 3 mTPA and 2.5 mWPA instead of the raw, causes a few switches. I stuck 115% Sci effect in for human... which might be a bit strong, since the spot for that works like sage in my calc - as an actually effect multiplier instead of just more.

    Halfer is showing quite strong for me, even the version with elites (which would be the comparable version) - while TW and TPA mod effect it a little, that still doesn't explain the big difference. I'm wondering if Persain didn't account (intentionally or not) for the pop bonus on halfer.
    Elf WH or Halfer WH .. No elites.. Beast. Just a question of what are you more afraid of Spells or Ops...


    PS - Thanks Ethan - Persain
    Last edited by tiggis; 15-07-2018 at 13:16. Reason: Because I cant spell.
    Monsters

    Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

    #MONSTERS


    "If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

    24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •