Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Sage Strategy Discussion

Human Sage Strategy Discussion

Hi guys,

Given Human / Sage is the most popular race / pers combo in Age 77, could someone be nice to provide some tips on builds, strats, and other general tips? Thanks!

Strategy Moderator
    Human sage is a do-it-all. The best tip to give is u can build your prov in any direction based on what your goals are.

For example if u want to run an econ focused human pump pop science, alchemy, be and channeling science then pump wpa and use high wt/homes/banks in war to fund dragons/aid.
    Or u could go offensive beast and max pop/me/be asap and run like 1 tpa 1 wpa high stables/tg/rax/gs and an insane leet/acre count and just break anything you want.

Personally i'd aim for tanky attacker ignoring everything till i could get my mtpa & mwpa safe from enemy kds. If u can get in a spot where your "safe" from ops your +econ and econ immunity can really help your kd as well as acting either as an unbrekable hitter or as a brick wall the enemy struggles to bring down.

Post Fiend
    I am laughing at all the human sages....

Why you ask? cause they have the weakest wpa of all races, and theres no way as an attacker you will be able to fit everything you need into your build. Universities are now a must more so than wt's due to the fact amnesia in a mass attack can and will reset your science to the start of the age.

Elf sage on the other hand is quite a monster...building wise allows for less towers, and food quickly before even mid age appears. Decent mage defense if not the best.

oh in case everyone missed it the undead is now 30% casualties not just offense.
    Last edited by Guardian Wolf; 15-07-2018 at 04:37.
    Just my final two cents. =) "Stay inside the box too long and one becomes blind to the lines that confine them" - Some uknown(to me) wise(and prolly poor) Man once said(and that's typed.)

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Wolf View Post
    ... Universities are now a must more so than wt's due to the fact amnesia in a mass attack can and will reset your science to the start of the age.
    Uh - I feel like I just walked into an alternate universe. This strikes me as vines'esk-ly baffled logic.

Short form of human sage strat (cause very tired right now) is simple. Remember to not build elites. Everything else will be pretty simple attacker standard strat, the only surpassing thing is going spec.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Vine's was one of the few people here who ever tried to think for himself, he was a man among men compared to most of the lot around here.

respect.
    Last edited by Ganga; 15-07-2018 at 08:20.

Post Fiend
    [QUOTE=Ethan;15466503]Uh - I feel like I just walked into an alternate universe. This strikes me as vines'esk-ly baffled logic.

And how is it baffled logic?

a. humans do have the weakest wpa -15% total may not seem like much at the start of the age but it has a dire affect late age, when a non elf sage can devatate your sciences.(look at the race and personalities picked so far.)
    b.) universities i a building that protects against amnesia now, the only thing in the game that can and WILL hurt science progression throughout the age if you war even one war.
    c.) only a pure rogue player(not many pure rogues will be around by late age due to abduct being gone increasing the overall chance of a/t/m's) will by pass a sage in terms of tpa, albeit maybe not orc.
    d.) By late age if you get amnesia'd in a war by core of non human sages, your dead in the water for the rest of the war and even rest of the age due to being behind the curve. Your tpa and most certainly wpa, as a human, will suffer greatly.

-15% wpa is a con that can not be reversed by any pro. PERIOD.
    Just my final two cents. =) "Stay inside the box too long and one becomes blind to the lines that confine them" - Some uknown(to me) wise(and prolly poor) Man once said(and that's typed.)

Post Fiend
    I dont have alot of experience casting or having amnesia cast on me in my 15 years playing.... its just odd that we need a building to counter a spell only a single personality has. Curious to see how potent it actually is in war.

Wonder how many casts it will take to reduce professor's even a single rank even IF you are max science... and if that would even be any better than just casting tornado's.
    Last edited by Ganga; 15-07-2018 at 08:48.

Enthusiast
    From my experience of playing sage and doing amnesia, it barely hurts someone unless one does like 30-40 casts in a row. Then only you see the significant difference. Now in war, that many casts and runes can be put to better use by a sage.

Veteran
    I agree with Ethan in that i don't think the logic about amnesia follows. It is the only thing that can hurt science now. But that doesn't make it any stronger than it was previously. Personally I think it is effectively weaker (assuming no formula changes to the spell) because on average people have more science.

Post Demon
    I'd like to state that +30% effectivity to science is nothing after reaching the cap and breaking it, and science holds nw, it will allow for max science early, but it will only equate to the same thing as what happens for mystic on wpa, you reach the target then what? no mystic even though they have the production would go for 15 raw wpa since they would have insufficient room for thieves, military and peasants then. Any non mystic might pump wizzards slower, but they will have the capacity to reach more or less the same wpa in the end, and if there was no AW or massacre, and wpa was not dependent on size the mystic.

This is what happens to Sage, you reach the cap and then when others hit the cap your sage is not going to do you any good say for a minimal boost, and you will end up on way to high nw if going over the cap which will happen unless you constantly reset all scientists, this gives you a window of what 2-3 weeks of superior boost to science, others will reach max science too, mystics will go for magic science first, rogues for thievery science and so on, so even though you can get it all faster your wpa boost will still not beat mages, your tpa boost will not beat thieves, and your military boost will not beat attackers.

One thing to remember, especially as sage if you get chained do not hesitate for a second but reset all your scientists so that the chain will be inefficient from there on, keep your professors and you will most likely be chained so low on land that you will get PK'ed.

Post Demon
    That beeing said humans does have the second most offensive elite and a boost to ecconomy that others have not, rather than building on other aspects I'd say go for the ecconomy effect and max alchemy first to boost a strong ecconomy even more, at +30% alchemy your income gets to be 169% of a normal province without alchemy science and add banks and it will be more than twice as good. This can be done without sage as well, and since Humans also get quick feet I'm going with paladin over sage to spread this and because PI is better than IA and they got other cool spells as well. As far as I recall self spells on others are less affected by WPA meaning this is a potential way to get arround the -15% wpa by only doing self spells and support.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    I'd like to state that +30% effectivity to science is nothing after reaching the cap and breaking it,
    This is what happens to Sage, you reach the cap and then when others hit the cap your sage is not going to do you any good say for a minimal boost...,.
    Sage +30% effectiveness applies beyond the cap right? I don't really follow what you are saying for sage.

What you are saying makes sense for the human +sci generation, but I don't think it makes sense for sage + effectivness. Even if everyone hits the soft cap, sage still has 30% more science effect (effectiveness).

Post Demon
    Are you suggesting that the cap for alchemy then is +39% vs others +30% ? must admit it has been many years since I last tinkered with sage, but two ages ago running warrior with boost to military science it did not feel as if my soft cap was +20% higher but more that I got +20% more effectivity with the same science curve meaning the same cap applies and the additonal effects over the cap is diminished.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganga View Post
    Vine's was one of the few people here who ever tried to think for himself, he was a man among men compared to most of the lot around here.

respect.
    You're doing a poor impersonation.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Are you suggesting that the cap for alchemy then is +39% vs others +30% ? .
    Yes. Although I am going to try to double check with someone in case my entire understanding here is wrong

Thread Information