Thread: Avian War Hero Province Help

Avian War Hero Province Help

Hey guys, returning player who has not played in like 30 ages - hoping some of you guys can help me out with getting back on my feet.

This age I chose to play as an Avian War Hero because I want to be an attacker and I should be able to keep up with the attack time bonus that Avians receive. I'm wondering what sort of building layout is recommended as far as managing my province goes. I am not in an organized kingdom this age so I don't want to do too much micromanagement. I'll be attacking during wars of course, but also hitting whatever I can outside of war to grow - but I don't plan on doing too much swapping of buildings between wars like would happen in an organized kingdom (or I think it used to?) unless you guys think it is still worthwhile.

I can provide my current building layout (which I am sure is not optimal) when I have more time, but if anyone has a quick % rundown for me and a short explanation of why, that would be amazing.

Thank you in advance :)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciezz23 View Post
    Hey guys, returning player who has not played in like 30 ages - hoping some of you guys can help me out with getting back on my feet.

This age I chose to play as an Avian War Hero because I want to be an attacker and I should be able to keep up with the attack time bonus that Avians receive. I'm wondering what sort of building layout is recommended as far as managing my province goes. I am not in an organized kingdom this age so I don't want to do too much micromanagement. I'll be attacking during wars of course, but also hitting whatever I can outside of war to grow - but I don't plan on doing too much swapping of buildings between wars like would happen in an organized kingdom (or I think it used to?) unless you guys think it is still worthwhile.

I can provide my current building layout (which I am sure is not optimal) when I have more time, but if anyone has a quick % rundown for me and a short explanation of why, that would be amazing.

Thank you in advance :)
    If you got 8+ ppa it's good to have banks, if you don't, it's good to have homes.

Hosps are probably your most important building, I'd recommend 20% always.

Outside war you probably don't need any watchtowers in the ghetto, but you'll 100% need in war. That's the biggest build swap you'd have to do for war.

TGs are your friend. After that it comes to style a bit more. I like forts and running more dpsa, or you can go extra off heavy and run more GS.

Continuously draft and train, with avians and WH the way they are, you can probably grow forever without becoming too unpumped, credit bonuses and ospec offense and converts means you really just need to churn out soldiers and that's it.

Now, if you want to make your province better in other ways, you have to sacrifice some level of fun and effectiveness. Running 10-20% labs will help you greatly by mid age, and having any amount of guilds is always good if there's ever war.

I like a 4:2:1 sort of ratio for offense, defense, thieves. 12 os+epa, 6 dspa, 3 tpa isn't too bad a comp I think. From there raise dspecs first probably.

20% hosps, 10% farms, 7% towers, 10% guilds, 15% TG, 20% GS, 3% dungeons. With 15% for eco, banks/homes. That kind of build will let you attack and attack and attack forever. Swap eco to WT come war.
    20% hosps, 10% farms, 7% towers, 25% guilds, 15% labs, 3% dungeons, 10% TG, 10% banks. You'll not trade half as well without the GS, but your army should still go pretty strong. Swap labs to WT, and half guilds+eco to GS come war.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciezz23 View Post
    but I don't plan on doing too much swapping of buildings between wars like would happen in an organized kingdom (or I think it used to?) unless you guys think it is still worthwhile.
    Welcome back.

Just on this bit, you now have a 4 RL day end of war cf period after a war ends. You should swap buildings in that period - basically like an elite pump of the old days (and/or could be a wizz pump and/or people might add in labs, especially this age). In practice the swapping can get complex once you factor in whether the KD is trying to cast rituals (which would bring guilds / towers requirements for at least some provs) and how far you want to optimize but I definitely wouldn't just keep the war build.

War Hero for honor? You can also undead for less losses.

Thread Information