Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I want to come back to this?

Post Fiend

Do I want to come back to this?

I played Utopia for a couple years a while back. I think my "Utopia career" spans 2004-2007 and 2012-2015. I know I last quit just before scientists became a thing, so that would be completely new to me.
    I know there's new ownership or whatever, and the emails every few months about new ages keep tantalizing me (even though the recent age names are little bit ridiculous, honestly =P). I'm on the fence, and I doubt I could be in a serious full-time kingdom. I could hold my own as a t/m of sorts probably, but I don't think I have the time to do "army in-army out" tactics any more.
    I know a new age literally just started, so I could be in protection at least during the initial oop chaos lol. I just need a little nudge from someone, telling me that coming back is worth it =P

PS - I've skimmed through the forums a bit, there's still quite a few names I recognize here haha. I'm guessing some of you will just ride this game to the very end.

Give it a go! Theres no harm in it imo, not like you are trying crack again. ;)

Though the forums are fairly dead most comunications is on MUGA (new owner company name) Discord server. Seems to be quite a lot of people hanging around there.

Enthusiast
    As a not so serious player it really hasn't changed too much. A lot of the whining is because the same few KDs are the only ones really competing for top spots and they are forced to interact with each other every age.

The science system is kind of mindless right now, just set it and wait. Abduct attack was just removed so you won't have to worry about people stealing your scientists if you end up in a weaker looking KD now.

Needs to get out more
    Yes, rejoin.

I'm looking for a retirement kingdom. It breaks my heart randoming into a beat down ghetto and leaving because I've got other goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    yup still had your email StratO, found a randomly generated kd and took charge, no pressure a few completely new, inactives and a few good ones also.

Maybe it implodes like most such kingdoms, maybe I can make a diffrence.

Post Fiend
    Well I did create a province. Ended up in a very dead kingdom where the king didn't want to be king, and one guy seemed upset all throughout the chat about how badly the kingdom was shaping up to be lol.

I kinda forgot that being a t/m in a dead ghetto kingdom with no real chance at a good war is terribly boring. Maybe I'll try to go the recruit path tomorrow haha.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    yup still had your email StratO, found a randomly generated kd and took charge, no pressure a few completely new, inactives and a few good ones also.

Maybe it implodes like most such kingdoms, maybe I can make a diffrence.
    Cool. I'm in retirement mode so I'm not worried about how others treat the meter. I'll join if you invite me.

Thanks in advance, even if you don't :)
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Cool. I'm in retirement mode so I'm not worried about how others treat the meter. I'll join if you invite me.

Thanks in advance, even if you don't :)
    I have a slot for you in a very interesting retirement kd if interested ole buddy
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by tras19 View Post
    I have a slot for you in a very interesting retirement kd if interested ole buddy
    See now, I'm already in game as we speak. Anyhow, how's it going, Tras?

I'm happy where I'm at, but I want to hear your hyjinx as the age progresses. I'm sworn to secrecy as dictated in the kingdom hopper code.

@ Anatak1989, yes you should.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 18-07-2018 at 21:33.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Director of Age Changes
    Discord is very active. Check it out, there are helpful people ready to answer your questions or offer you a spot in their KD.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by tras19 View Post
    Strato is like a peacock. You gotta let him fly

Post Demon
    As long as you don't pressure yourself to much or compromise on how you want to play it joining again can be great fun. Don't worry about ghetto kingdoms, some of the most disorganised kingdoms comes with the benifit of the greatest freedom. Sure we all love to win wars, but you get the possibility to try out things at your own pace, get a better hang of mechanics and there is always the possibility to get recruited if you feel that you are ready to be committed and go for all those warwins later on. Most kingdoms recruiting are warring kingdoms, the ghettos go whit what they get and the growth kingdoms usually have connections and recruit people they know.

The only bad ghettos are those where the leaders do not see themself as ghettos and try to push their kingdom to hard, with Sun Tsu's words if you know neither yourself nor the enemy you will succumb in every battle.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Strato is like a peacock. You gotta let him fly
    Retired players can make ideal therapy-provinces for emotionally challenged kingdoms.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    I did it. I've rejoined this god forsaken game. Got recruited into a kingdom where every province follows the naming scheme, I'm in way over my head haha =P.

Should be fun. I'll stick around for at least this age.

Post Demon
    welcome back, there is always other kd's if you feel like beeing less comitted

Thread Information