Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strategy Help

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    They must be bad, our mystics are managing 26-35 mwpa. Unless they were AW I can't imagine easilly MSing any mystic at 16 mwpa
    This my elf mystic just grew 40% and still has 21.245 (Elf) mwpa..puts him on ~30 pre growth though he only managed about 75 opa so :D

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    This my elf mystic just grew 40% and still has 21.245 (Elf) mwpa..puts him on ~30 pre growth though he only managed about 75 opa so :D
    My WPA will be that high once my science is all learned. Im not in a top kingdom, so these other Mystics seem to be slacking because I am opping them easily.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Needs to get out more
    Debbie Downer kingdom strat vs returning player having fun with unorthodox hybrid :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Debbie Downer kingdom strat vs returning player having fun with unorthodox hybrid :D
    He's not experimenting. He really believes eves that it's a good combo & province. He plays orc turtles often, thinks it's the greatest

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    He's not experimenting. He really believes eves that it's a good combo & province. He plays orc turtles often, thinks it's the greatest
    What is an Ork turtle??
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Post Fiend
    Does 130 opa and 20+ wpa mean orc turtle?? I like to triple tap people and them Meteor Shower Elves and Faeries. It is like the most fun way to play.

I also run ok tpa since i got tons of wizards so you know TDs are better for pumping Ork than Armouries?

Get on my level Pillz.
    Last edited by Billah; 20-08-2018 at 02:46.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Needs to get out more
    I ran an orc mystic a couple ages ago, just because no one else was. It was similar to the capability of my undead sage except the spell array rocked and guild efficiency was ideal for recovery and growth. The beauty was the ability to massacre and cast with leftover offense for acreage. I liked the undead sage for the durability and strength vs rogues.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Billah View Post
    Does 130 opa and 20+ wpa mean orc turtle?? I like to triple tap people and them Meteor Shower Elves and Faeries. It is like the most fun way to play.

I also run ok tpa since i got tons of wizards so you know TDs are better for pumping Ork than Armouries?

Get on my level Pillz.
    my orcs clerics are about 200-225 opa. yours isnt a turtle but it is a weaker than average.
    For whats its worth the reason orc mystic is" weak" is it its going to have lower offense weaker sustain and a little AW means u cant op enemy hybrids by day 2 of war. Its not bad but it'll feel weak against your average "good" kd. Have fun with it billah but if u transition to a competitive 23-25 man kd for waring your going to feel weak.

For what its worth orc mystic isnt "garbage" its fine support if your kd is running heavey rouge and not many pure t/m's. Someone has to MS "easy" targets early war. I mean I was all for pure attacker mystics back when u could run undead and you naturally had offensive sustain+ plague. If u got chained your wpa meant u MS'ed elf mystics and you required massive amounts of massacres where u constantly spread plague while your offense barely fell off. But w/the removal of undead it makes the concept meh at best.

Needs to get out more
    Yes. We should define that some of these catewhompus hybrids are for open field play: meaning, less organized kingdoms. The reason the attacker hybrids are desirable is because, as an experienced player, there's a lot of ground to cover in disorganized environments. The more qualitative the expeience of the player, the higher potential to exploit the crevices in conventional opposition. The attacker hybrid doesn't require the offense of a fully realized attacker, just the effective level to engage different targets simultaneously, or one target with devastating effect.

My favorite hybrid was the old elf cleric with stacked(race+personality) casualty reduction and nightmare as a racial spell. This build was easy to load and quickly moved to top ten competition.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    my orcs clerics are about 200-225 opa. yours isnt a turtle but it is a weaker than average.
    For whats its worth the reason orc mystic is" weak" is it its going to have lower offense weaker sustain and a little AW means u cant op enemy hybrids by day 2 of war. Its not bad but it'll feel weak against your average "good" kd. Have fun with it billah but if u transition to a competitive 23-25 man kd for waring your going to feel weak.

For what its worth orc mystic isnt "garbage" its fine support if your kd is running heavey rouge and not many pure t/m's. Someone has to MS "easy" targets early war. I mean I was all for pure attacker mystics back when u could run undead and you naturally had offensive sustain+ plague. If u got chained your wpa meant u MS'ed elf mystics and you required massive amounts of massacres where u constantly spread plague while your offense barely fell off. But w/the removal of undead it makes the concept meh at best.
    If I played Mystic hybrid another race Id be too weak on offence with the attack. With Ork I can run something ridiculous like 8 raw wpa 5 raw tpa and still have good offence with Ogres. Undead used to be good for the same reason, elite off, but other attack races like human or dwarf are not as suitable. 8 wpa is good because it is on a level with faeries and elves. I dont want to be some half ar$ed heretic type hybrid with only 5 raw wpa and crappy non Mystic sci.

I actually MS the hard targets in wars. Thats my job.

I wouldnt even want to play this combo in a top 3 kd but in the rest of the game its a fire combo.

Paradise helps a lot and its easy to grow fast as ork attacker. The hard part is wizard pumps and trying to catch sages on science. I maintain good tpa and use my thieves to pump offence faster.
    Last edited by Billah; 22-08-2018 at 06:08.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Honestly, an active player can run anything and make it work. Proof is in the puddin'.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauglir View Post
    Honestly, an active player can run anything and make it work. Proof is in the puddin'.
    It will work fine in war as long as the oposition wont massacre the prov with side hits.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    It will work fine in war as long as the oposition wont massacre the prov with side hits.
    The beauty is that you still have an operable army during war and can recover quickly in eowcf. The reason I enjoy playing heavy attacker hybrids is because I'm fairly active and it gives me stuff to do. This is probably why avian sage was a combination I saw lurking around a number of ages. PAK of Pandoras Box ran one when we were in a kingdom together.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    The beauty is that you still have an operable army during war and can recover quickly in eowcf. The reason I enjoy playing heavy attacker hybrids is because I'm fairly active and it gives me stuff to do. This is probably why avian sage was a combination I saw lurking around a number of ages. PAK of Pandoras Box ran one when we were in a kingdom together.
    I ran Avian Rogue one age, that was fun :)

Post Demon
    Had a bocan/war hero last age, then they removed bocan, did not quite get as high as I wished on off but could compete and somehow still had the highest off in the kingdom.

Even if there is ways to deal with it, if your opponents start out AW'ing an Orc they are probably not doing what they wanted to do most with those rogues. I found that most tried to chain my bocan, and since I was able to bounce back, and generally speaking is one of the better people when it comes to coping with getting chained in the first place they was not dealing as much dammage as they otherwise could have. Had the kingdom been better at warring and the wars more evenly matched we could easily have gotten wins from such play.

Thread Information