Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strategy Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend

Strategy Help

Hi, I haven't played in a while but I wanted to start a province and I was wondering if anybody had tips??

My favourite way to play as a solo province is defect around til I find some place I like and then play Orc Mystic and paradise alot and attack people all the time.

I also liked Elf Hybrid or whatever.

But what is a ritual and what is up with these Paladins??

I once played an Ork Rogue in some kingdom called Jesters Troupe but that was before personalities and that was fun but i later found that mystic is more fun because you can fireball people and give them ms.

But anyway thats how i like to play. Can you still do that?? Thanks.
    Last edited by Billah; 19-07-2018 at 04:28.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Needs to get out more
    Hello.

It's a little harder to kingdom hop to higher quality kingdoms because of the "wall" mechanic. Most everyone uses munkbot and 3rd party chat, which shouldn't be a challenge for most. I don't like it.

Rituals are similar to stances that require you to cast like a spell. It's a kingdom tool so the individual rune expense is rather high. The more you cast the longer the effect can last. Stances are gone but meter(friendly to hostile to war) are intact.

Paladins have fluctuated a bit since introduced and they're more like they were when they were originally launched. They can cast fading self spells on other kingdom provinces. Last age the shared spell casting was on faery and paladin was plague immune with reduced combat losses.

You can still play like you want, it's just more difficult to find a home.

PS Apparently there's more active conversation on Discord, but I can't use it because my iPad is too old to use apps or the browser version.

Welcome back. I remember you ran a mean elf hybrid.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 19-07-2018 at 10:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Stratocastle, Hi!

Thanks for the info. I made a new province. I really dont understand this new Science???
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Billah View Post
    Stratocastle, Hi!

Thanks for the info. I made a new province. I really dont understand this new Science???
    been a bit busy sry. anyway to science

Think of it as exactly like old science but instead of buying science with gc u are simply given free science and its not "books" but your given raw bpa. i.e. a scientist is like 10 bpa. u grow or shrink u keep that same 10 bpa.

If u want to think of science i a "new" sense think this way. I get given a 'unit' of science called a scientist. i can place that unit of science in any of the science categories. That unit gains experience. With experience the unit of science is worth goes from being worth 0 to 1 to 1.5 to 2 points of science. Each science category gives you a bonus based on number of points you have. That bonus is linear from 0 to 60 points (30 scientists at max experience) and diminishes per point added above 60.

Post Fiend
    The real difference is with old science you used to benefit from growing early in the game as you got books per acre per tick, with new science you can sit on 50 acres and max labs and still be ahead on science.

Post Demon
    and be 700 gc/acre or more since nw for scientists is like 410-415 gc for each maxed out professor.

You still benifit from growing since 210x410 = a flat 86100 gc witch is no matter how many acres you have if you got 30 professors in each category.

Veteran
    And to add to what Madchess said, even if you wanted to run max labs (which most people wouldn't most of the time due to DBE - ie the additional benefit provided by the next 1% of a % based building reduces as the total % of that building you have increases), you still have plenty of space in your build to grow.

So there is also no science related benefit to not growing, and, as Madchess said, there is a benefit to growing due to nw (attack gains are based on nw).

Post Fiend
    You war other kingdoms your size, so the flat rate NW of scientists is the same for provinces in both kingdoms. Its a non-issue your talking about madchess, if your arguing there is still benefit to growing as far as science is concerned.

And Chirs, im on max labs or as close as i care to be 92% of the possible 95% effect.... and have been all age like most good players would be doing.
    Last edited by Ganga; 23-07-2018 at 12:40.

I also need strategy help.
    History Tab
    Total Attacks Made 10
    Total Wins 8
    I failed no attacks.
    Does History Tab not count conquest as a win?

Total Land Explored 117
    Total Land Gained in Combat 264
    7 days +5acres 35
    Total Land Lost in Combat 398
    400+117+264+35= 816 - 398 = 418 acres
    yet I am 485 acres
    Does History not count ambushes?

@Chris... Right, no paradise, no LL
    Last edited by kendy; 24-07-2018 at 14:11.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganga View Post

And Chirs, im on max labs or as close as i care to be 92% of the possible 95% effect.... and have been all age like most good players would be doing.
    That was exactly my point. You are choosing not to be on max labs due to DBE (or perhaps some other reason in your case). Others would choose a different amount of labs which might be lower. I highly doubt that "most good players" would be on max labs all age up to now, particularly if we are including ones who warred.

Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    I also need strategy help.
    History Tab
    Total Attacks Made 10
    Total Wins 8
    I failed no attacks.
    Does History Tab not count conquest as a win?

Total Land Explored 117
    Total Land Gained in Combat 264
    7 days +5acres 35
    Total Land Lost in Combat 398
    400+117+264+35= 816 - 398 = 418 acres
    yet I am 485 acres
    Does History not count ambushes?
    Conquests are not counted as a win (I am not sure if this changes if you sent over 104% as a conquest..ie enough that you could have trad marched successfully).
    Not sure about your ambush question but I can't fault your maths - i assume you didn't paradise?

Post Fiend
    Well I get how to play now.

My science is ok I have 95 scientists now and understand how it works. And 13 mod wpa. Ork Mystic. Lol.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Olawd

Post Fiend
    Oh gosh 16 mod wpa now. Gonna have 100 opa soon.

I have no problem MSing Elf and Faery mystics. Lol. This is hilarious.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billah View Post
    Oh gosh 16 mod wpa now. Gonna have 100 opa soon.

I have no problem MSing Elf and Faery mystics. Lol. This is hilarious.
    They must be bad, our mystics are managing 26-35 mwpa. Unless they were AW I can't imagine easilly MSing any mystic at 16 mwpa

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    They must be bad, our mystics are managing 26-35 mwpa. Unless they were AW I can't imagine easilly MSing any mystic at 16 mwpa
    This my elf mystic just grew 40% and still has 21.245 (Elf) mwpa..puts him on ~30 pre growth though he only managed about 75 opa so :D

Thread Information