Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Faery Ratios

  1. #1
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,707

    Faery Ratios

    Hello.

    I'm not running a faery but I require information on typical faery heretic ratios: peasants, tpa and wpa. You're welcome to chime in on spec and elite levels.

    Thank you in advance for your knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  2. #2
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,102
    If i ran a feary heretic i'd max crime/channeling/production science asap since feary can b a bit nw heavy i'd leave out pop science and just run a few homes. lets say 20%
    20% homes mean i have 27 pop/acre to use. The question then is how i have my feary sized in a kd. Typically i like faeries as no offspecs but heretic is weak to both mystic and rogue so i'd have to see what my kd needed and what it was facing as far as war targets go.

    To that end i'd intially set it up for 4 tpa 4 wpa early. That leaves peasents and leets. During eowcf i'd aim to put myself on 6 ppa and 13 epa. I'd train more epa if i could during eowcf, buuut in my experience wpa+training is a bit beyond feary so thats about as deep as i expect. However as i wait for my next war i'd sit on 30% homes (28 pop/acre) and draft down to 4 ppa allowing me to run 3 offspec/acre. Then when war hits i remove homes destroy my econ for a bit but use nm wave to get 1 land hit in and sit on decent econ/tpa/wpa for oping fat attackers and enough offspecs to massacre chain targets every wave beyond #1

    Note: 4 wpa is "low" if wanting to nm mid-late age. As i get pop science and honor i'd devote all addtional space to wpa till i hit 7-8 raw wpa then try to get my def as high as possible.

    LATE age i susspect i'd end up with
    25% homes count and 15% pop science for 33.20625 pop/acre
    4.5 tpa 7.5 wpa 3.21 ppa 18 epa (enough to hit 0 def targets for econ)
    Last edited by Persain; 23-07-2018 at 01:11.

  3. #3
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    208
    I'm not going to rehash my argument with persian from 5 days ago (see power rankings thread) but as a fairy heretic I would only aim to op the attacker core. so early game you barely need 2wpa 2tpa and late game 4-4 is good enough to op most cores, I might go a little higher when I feel pretty safe I won't be chained. Fairies military is strong this round and I will be running 1:1 ospec elite.

    I draft as deep as I can, and as I do I need to run more homes going into war and don't usually build anymore after war starts, use them to keep peasants as high as I can LL a few acres at the start, attack out, and kidnap as needed.

    sidenote; persians fairy nightmares 90% on the core to my maybe 60-70%ish success, but he gives up 2 full unique's a day, and neither fairy will be attacked. So its really up to you for that tradeoff.

    MERGED

    Just want to add, I do not like the guild bonuses to t/m's personalities. The only reason t/m's didn't need to play from the bottom of the kingdom before was that they needed to take land earlier than everyone so they could pump wizards faster than everyone. Now with these insane guild bonuses those specs get (which are more powerful with just the guild bonus, than other personalities) there is no reason to play persian's fairy at the top of the kingdom. It does the same amount of damage with ops using the lowest NW in your kingdom as it does with the most NW, it makes sense to trim the fat for war as we all pick wars based off KD NW, and make them play from the smallest size now.

    Just adding this because I know persian probably plays his non-attacking t/m' s at the top of his kingdom still and it makes no sense these days.
    Last edited by Persain; 23-07-2018 at 04:46. Reason: stop double posting

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    626
    Persain's numbers look fine to me although I think they are definitely on the higher end of what people manage to pull off. ie I have no doubt that Persain and Persain's KD does it, and plenty others, but for most players it wouldn't be very common to come across a feary heretic with numbers that good. I often see more peasants and less wizz than Parsain has for late age (to be clear, i am not saying it is better - it isn't IMO - but you asked for "typical").


    Just want to add, I do not like the guild bonuses to t/m's personalities. The only reason t/m's didn't need to play from the bottom of the kingdom before was that they needed to take land earlier than everyone so they could pump wizards faster than everyone. Now with these insane guild bonuses those specs get (which are more powerful with just the guild bonus, than other personalities) there is no reason to play persian's fairy at the top of the kingdom. It does the same amount of damage with ops using the lowest NW in your kingdom as it does with the most NW, it makes sense to trim the fat for war as we all pick wars based off KD NW, and make them play from the smallest size now.

    Just adding this because I know persian probably plays his non-attacking t/m' s at the top of his kingdom still and it makes no sense these days.
    I know Strato knows this but for the benefit of other people reading the thread, that wasn't the only (or even main?) reason people put t/ms at the top of land. It is to make it easier to make them unbreakable, which is still valid now.
    Last edited by Chris121; 25-07-2018 at 09:34. Reason: fixing qoute html

  5. #5
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    169
    If you are heretic, you are only looking to ops attackers and trad/raze small targets so I would:

    4.5 wpa
    4.5 tpa
    5.5 ppa
    The rest goes to defense (elites if you can afford it, dspecs if you can't).

    Science-wise, I will echo the others here and prioritise (in order of importance):

    1. Production, Crime, Channelling (so you're useful)
    2. Alchemy, Tools (to cover the high cost of maintaining full elite army)
    3. Housing, Military (I'd rather soft-cap the others than putting any scientists here)

    Run 20% homes, forts, some TD, enough Towers to FB and the occasional MV and you're good to go.

  6. #6
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,707
    It's for my friend, MagOcastle(just kidding ;) A returning player from the dim time.

    He told me to thank you, and I thank you all for giving us things to think about.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 24-07-2018 at 23:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  7. #7
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,102
    yay being helpfull <3

    one last thing @chris121 the numbers i suggest are what i'd plan to fight against. Then u have an "Easy win" if your target as worse numbers. I've seen some pretty scary t/ms in the past when they hit like duke, run 50% pre-arranged war and enter on insane numbers.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    626
    Yeah I agree, but you do play in a different part of the game to most players ;)

    I wasn't sure what Strato's purpose for asking was and whether there might be in distinction between "typical" in the question versus, say, "optimal".

  9. #9
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,707
    We have a returning player who seems to have all the characteristics of a good teammate. He was asking in forum about t/m numbers.

    Yknow I'm the worst to ask because I navigate on feel; if it's working it'd be good math. The way I build provinces is based in pretty numbers. I round my thieves to even thousands. If I have a retal encounter I always explore the loose change to reach a cool number, like when I was 888 acres. The end result is it makes me compete to square my numbers away.

    This is why I don't give build advice. And thank you again guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  10. #10
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganga View Post
    I'm not going to rehash my argument with persian from 5 days ago (see power rankings thread) but as a fairy heretic I would only aim to op the attacker core. so early game you barely need 2wpa 2tpa and late game 4-4 is good enough to op most cores, I might go a little higher when I feel pretty safe I won't be chained. Fairies military is strong this round and I will be running 1:1 ospec elite.

    I draft as deep as I can, and as I do I need to run more homes going into war and don't usually build anymore after war starts, use them to keep peasants as high as I can LL a few acres at the start, attack out, and kidnap as needed.

    sidenote; persians fairy nightmares 90% on the core to my maybe 60-70%ish success, but he gives up 2 full unique's a day, and neither fairy will be attacked. So its really up to you for that tradeoff.

    MERGED

    Just want to add, I do not like the guild bonuses to t/m's personalities. The only reason t/m's didn't need to play from the bottom of the kingdom before was that they needed to take land earlier than everyone so they could pump wizards faster than everyone. Now with these insane guild bonuses those specs get (which are more powerful with just the guild bonus, than other personalities) there is no reason to play persian's fairy at the top of the kingdom. It does the same amount of damage with ops using the lowest NW in your kingdom as it does with the most NW, it makes sense to trim the fat for war as we all pick wars based off KD NW, and make them play from the smallest size now.

    Just adding this because I know persian probably plays his non-attacking t/m' s at the top of his kingdom still and it makes no sense these days.
    You obviously don't know this game or have not been playing it at a higher level.
    You may have gotten away with bullying noobs or ghetto kds who lack planning and organization but you will not beat a competent warring kd with that nonsense.

  11. #11
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    208
    Spoken like a guy who thinks he's good because he plays in a top kingdom and follows someones orders and has never looked at numbers himself. You've been here since what 2016, and have never looked at any numbers yourself. You think your good because your kingdom probably hits 2x the unique attacks of the kingdoms you war and you think you know strategy. You've got nothing to add except that you think you play at a "higher" level because you follow someones archaic orders. The game is small enough you don't need strategy to be a 'top' kingdom, you only need 25 players who can attack 2x a day.


    Sidenote: the forum was reset around 2012 when it moved from swirve, been here long before that. Got heaps of experience on a nub like you, played in enough top kingdoms bud. If you don't want to add anything (numbers/strategy/theory) about what I'm saying so I can rebuke it. Keep your cult-like indoctrinated nay-saying to yourself.
    Last edited by Ganga; 30-07-2018 at 02:40.

  12. #12
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganga View Post
    Spoken like a guy who thinks he's good because he plays in a top kingdom and follows someones orders and has never looked at numbers himself. You've been here since what 2016, and have never looked at any numbers yourself. You think your good because your kingdom probably hits 2x the unique attacks of the kingdoms you war and you think you know strategy. You've got nothing to add except that you think you play at a "higher" level because you follow someones archaic orders. The game is small enough you don't need strategy to be a 'top' kingdom, you only need 25 players who can attack 2x a day.


    Sidenote: the forum was reset around 2012 when it moved from swirve, been here long before that. Got heaps of experience on a nub like you, played in enough top kingdoms bud. If you don't want to add anything (numbers/strategy/theory) about what I'm saying so I can rebuke it. Keep your cult-like indoctrinated nay-saying to yourself.
    If you want to troll maybe you should do better background checks than you have so far. For example there was no forum reset in 2012. Mehul sold off the game in 2008 and then they moved forum as well. :) So if you dont know basic **** like that how can someone trust you that you actually know anything about the game.

  13. #13
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    208
    I said AROUND 2012.... YOU THA TROLL


    Point is i was around before that... ----Remaineder of post deleted
    Last edited by Persain; 30-07-2018 at 09:48. Reason: edited as part of a massive offtopic rant by a few people
    If you don't want to add anything (numbers/strategy/theory) about what I'm saying so I can rebuke it. Keep your cult-like indoctrinated nay-saying to yourself.

    Utopia=Drink the kool-aid

  14. #14
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,707
    It's ok, Ganga. I have an old reliable BS filter. And like you and the Strategy Forum warning, we can't take all comments to heart. So I refer back to my old reliable BS filter along with basic knowledge of the game.

    This is why it's good to bang heads with the bosses. Why it's more rewarding to read the suggestions forum: I mentioned that out loud because I felt competitive kingdoms should know they were showing their ass.

    If you get your butt kicked but arrived at logical conclusions through deciphering intel and strategy, then you can shrink the number of bad days in utopia and be a hammer instead of a nail. If you find yourself traipsing through unintelligible information and can't change your basic approach you get kicked to the area of the chart as a respawning. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, but few kingdoms risk the lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  15. #15
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,102
    MOD HAT ON
    okay that whole back and forth being WAY offtopic and warranting a temp ban for Ganga when its not 4am and i look into mod tools more (warned in other thread about attacking others) means i also had to temp locked the thread.

    @Ganga: im not a huge Korp myself BUT he doesnt cross the line of personal attacks...thus hes allowed to speak even if it comes off as condesending.
    @Korp: i deleted the conversion as being WAY to offtopic. Point is Clear though Ganga is giving bad advise, and its easy to question his experience/skill based on whats posted

    @what i deleted:Was the back and forth irrelevant to the topic and summaries best with the @Ganga and @Korp

    Mod Hat off

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •