Thread: Stables vs Training Grounds (Ork)

Post Fiend

Stables vs Training Grounds (Ork)

So I'm wondering.

Lets say you are an Ork and you have about 20% of land that you can allocate to Stables and/or TGs. You have 9 elites per acre.

Lets say 1000 acres. 200 acres can be stables or tgs. 9000 elites, no off specs. Stables just dont seem so useful since if you have a horse for every ogre then that will take up 11.25% of your land and only add 11% more offence. The same amount of land with perfect BE and some Training Grounds instead would add 17%.

With a race with crappy elites for offence like faery, using 9000 horses with 9000 elites is great since the same 11.25% of land adds 33% more offence.

If you use all off specs the results are about the same as for using tgs, about 17%.

So are horses really worth it with orks who dont use off specs? Is a mixture of stables and tgs best??
    Last edited by Billah; 30-07-2018 at 07:44.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Post Fiend
    Horses are worth 2 offense, not 1. Stabling your orc elites should add slightly over 20%.

Your rarely 100% b/e going into war, and there is decreased building efficiency for most buildings the more you make of them. You probably won't get 17% off those training grounds.

With elite values as they are now, I think you always mount your army before training grounds. There is the fact horses add NW, TG's do not, but pretty sure you still stable even orcs.
    Last edited by Ganga; 30-07-2018 at 08:02.
    If you don't want to add anything (numbers/strategy/theory) about what I'm saying so I can rebuke it. Keep your cult-like indoctrinated nay-saying to yourself.

Utopia=Drink the kool-aid

Post Fiend
    Wtf seriously, its 2 now??
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Post Fiend
    For as long as I can remember, put some horses into the war calc in the war room and look for yourself.
    If you don't want to add anything (numbers/strategy/theory) about what I'm saying so I can rebuke it. Keep your cult-like indoctrinated nay-saying to yourself.

Utopia=Drink the kool-aid

Strategy Moderator
    yea and 1.2 nw per horse, i wanna say it got changed around when they introduced dryad. all horses went to 2 and dyrad went to 4. Its the most nw effienct "offensive unit". U really should aim for at least Decent horse coverage before running a ton of TG. The only thing to remember is TG are nw free so there is a balance to be made unless your goal is simply "moar offense"

always with the nagging

Post Demon
    stables first TG's later has been the meta for ages, orcs on 9 epa don't really concern themself with nw.

I use both most of the times, at the moment however only stables.

Post Fiend
    1). Get stables, breed horses.
    2). Attack with mounted units.
    3). Raze stables, build TG.
    4). AIAO all age, steal horses as required.

As long as you keep all of the horses out, they won't die from lack of stables.

Post Demon
    and that would not work, horses get killed on attacks and so do troops, constantly having your military out means that it will shrink at some point or you will outgrow it, probably both, you can't keep having military out all the time and maintain a decent draft rate unless you are constantly getting aided.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    and that would not work, horses get killed on attacks and so do troops, constantly having your military out means that it will shrink at some point or you will outgrow it, probably both, you can't keep having military out all the time and maintain a decent draft rate unless you are constantly getting aided.
    Horses die at the same rate as troops. In war, you should always have your army out anyway. Run a lot of hospitals and your military to last quite a bit longer than without.

Also, Orcs can draft for free, so keeping draft on emergency at all times is kind of important.

TG works for all your army, Stables only for as many war horses. So bigger the army, the more you want TG's.

Thread Information