Thread: Starting acres and daily acres

Starting acres and daily acres

Set the starting acres to 1k(with the appropriate build and starting bonuses) and free daily acres to 50.

The reason is simple - a lot KDs avoid growing and stay small, which is their choice, but stagnates the game too much. At 1k starting land there is more to protect/gain and together with 50a/day will speed the game imo. Also I think there will be more options for early game strategies.

Forum Fanatic
    been over many times. will do nothing as the larger kds will move out just as fast as they do now ,Just means more land for them to feed off doing it.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Demon
    if you start adding 50 daily acres that is simply iflation in growth, throw 10x the acre into the server and everyone will end up the same just with an added 0 behind the acres they usually get.

Sorry I didn't answer for few weeks I was busy in RL, uto and forgot I made a suggestion :).

I'm not trying to stop large KDs from growing I just offer a way to speed the game for the ghettos who stay small on purpose.

50a/day at 1k size is 5%. 5a/day at 1k is 0.5% and 1% at 400a.

Post Demon
    At one point the starting acres was 200 + 5 daily acres, and genesis had 1k starting acres + 5 it does not really change the game all that much, it is simply numbrs and since pool was the same in both instances as was the attacking mechanics, it simply ment that the roof so to speak on how big a povince could grow went up quite a bit at 1k starting acres, so it really was not all that great to get to 10k acres in genesis probably was equal to get above 4-5k now, while it was huge getting to 3k on 200 starting acres.

Great for he kids that do not realize this, but it really is not any diffrent for the rest of us, simpy a number that got bigger.

Lets give specs off/def values of over 9000 too. Just numbers.

Needs to get out more
    Everybody's all mean.

We're better when we approach suggestions as a rough draft.

So Bo To refined the explanation as kingdoms that stay small on purpose. We actually require more information, but let's look at 2 situations:

1) kingdoms that grow to subwhoring, non-cowing(a thing again?) level that are bigger than others.

2) kingdoms that intentionally stay small to function in their environment.

My views may be antiquated but Freeakstyle, Divinity, Ascension, Green, Wsk are generally occupants of category 1, but I see Freeakstyle and Divinity as the most refined of the ilk.

The reason number 2 is undefinable is because there are/were several adept war kingdoms that are small, with no interest in top diplo. Some critics see this as a refusal to war the biggies, but this is pure cockiness on their part. A kingdom residing with a relative safe top can build and pump in ways no small kingdom can. Additionally, these large war kingdoms can be proxy land agents to top land consumers.

We also have a depth of casual cores in smaller war kingdoms, which equates to players who won't abuse their attention span in life to regard warring subwhoring kingdoms as worthwhile targets. And yes, some don't like to lose, but that's universal because subwhoring involves the same mindset.

Then we have the breadth of casual war kingdoms. This doesn't mean they can't war, they just don't practice a chart winning environment. We also have the old kingdoms that are warring kingdoms, but mainly consist of socialites who've played together for many years. They like to win, but accept bad with the good.

Finally we get to the rough chaotic kingdoms and lucid micros like Miracle Illusions. I for one can say that out of war I was struck 23 times in one sitting and just came out of a double team effort by kingdoms sharing the same island. Now I'm fine with being doubled and hammered regularly, but it sure makes it difficult to grow, lol. To be quite honest, my intentions are to grow so I can help our bigs who established their size above the mosh. I restarted about week 4 here so the barrier of 1500 acres is in full effect.

There are very few actives in the "2 box" range so lots of randoms, kingdom strats, and pure naivety in exploring are prevalent. People down here don't do diplo. I think most are social, but dislike communicating disputes; whereas I'm introverted and just can't stand constant interaction. I couldn't be a leader because I'd be rolling my eyes so much I'd go blind.

Why all the gab? Because it needs to be understood that most problems are community and culture, not mechanical. Guys complain about the mechanics, but we all use the same ones. If you want kingdoms to grow then the community at large should stop hitting t/ms out of war. I mean that in the most general sense.

The ball is in your court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Those TMs KD-mates should quit tickin me off!

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Those TMs KD-mates should quit tickin me off!
    Talk to me.

Some of the delicate balances are in how the community interacts.
    As a world, Utopia is chaotic and backward. But let's dream of something that's a reality of coincidence, but apply a logic that would please the agents of order.

Trust that I don't believe what I'm saying, I'm simply presenting a fictional reason to bring light to the idea of cultural order over this devolution known as natural order.

Let's assume in our world that whoring kingdoms know of my penchant for retal and refusal to CF. To defend whoring interests it would behove such kingdoms with "our man in Brussels" as it were, to keep barbarians at arms length. Even though my inability to grow might be due to pure random aggressiveness, it wouldn't hurt to have satellite sleeper provinces to monitor for trouble and step in should I prevail vs ghetto survival.

That seems a bitter view, but it's not. What I want is for the reader to germinate the notion that alliances are the rebirth of civility. Most people will reflect on aggressive alliances vying for total power, but this is based in the frenzy of what amounts to Utopian world war that wound down in the 50s. This 3000 player ruin is our dystopia: this is the aftermath.

Utopia could be organized with warring fringes and proxy kingdoms fighting wars the metropolitan whoring kingdoms don't want to fight. We have glimpses of this, but the framework here is to get Bo To the whoring dynamic into the game. Alliances that defend the casual are essential to bolster the whoring ideal. You don't even have to let them know, as many can't stand the word "alliance". But what we can do is Snatch News and monitor the vultures and dispatch forces to sway their focus. I don't want to soften anyone, but I would like to reduce the amount of vulturing.

These things are cultural and not mechanical challenges. In the current game cycle, the weak can't defend themselves and there are no heroes. I think we can change that. And it's not for me. I enjoy playing on the perimeter of the abyss, but I can appreciate a more ordered core environment for the server at large.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information