Thread: Utopia Fantasy EPL Returns! With Prizes!

Regular

Utopia Fantasy EPL Returns! With Prizes!

It's that time of year again! The English Premier League kicks off this Friday. With it, we kick off the Utopia Fantasy League.
    Fancy yourself an expert at fantasy sports? Join us!
    Body can't handle playing real sports as well as it used to? Join us!
    Need something to tinker with while your prov sits in EoWCF? Join us!
    Want a chance at winning Utopia Taunts? Join us!

Wait, is this a Utopia game or some other game?

The English Premier League is one of the largest, most prestigious football/soccer leagues in the world. The official Fantasy league for the EPL is one of the largest (Perhaps the largest, but that isn't info I can find in the wiki!) fantasy football/soccer games in the world, almost certainly the biggest in the English-speaking domain. You get a budget and get to buy players for your team, then choose your starting 11 players for each gameweek and when they do well for their teams, you sit back and rack up points of your own! Like Utopia, it's a game where there are a variety of strategies to employ and it requires a bit of luck in addition to your hard planning work and skill in order to make it to the top.
    To see the complete list of rules for setting up your team and playing, click here.

Alright, enough of this background mumbo-jumbo, you've convinced me to play. How do I join up?

Go over to the Official FPL Site and sign up or sign in. Once signed in, click this link to automatically join the league!
    Due to low interest in previous years, I have decided to omit the Head-to-Head league this year (unless there is overwhelming backlash over that) and opted to just host the Classic league.

But wait! Didn't you say there's a chance of winning taunts?

Yes!
    For the first time, we will be giving out prizes to the top 3 teams!
    1st place: 5 Taunts
    2nd place: 3 Taunts
    3rd place: 1 Taunt

I know it's not much, but I'm a poor graduate student and it's better than nothing!

Wow! How can I be eligible to win these fabulous prizes?

You must create an account for the official game and click on the autojoin link I posted above (If that doesn't work, navigate to "Leagues" > "Create and join leagues" > "Join a league" > "Join private league" and enter the following code: 909-609732).
    Once you have joined the league, post your team ID code here in this thread.
    To do this: log in on the site, go to "My Team" and find the link for "View Gameweek History" on the right.
    The numbers in the URL will be your team ID (As seen in this image that won't display)

Get out there, make your team, and fight for your right to taunt!
    Last edited by Universe; 06-08-2018 at 15:46.

Regular
    I see several people in the league, but no one has contacted me. Are we shy about winning prizes?

Thread Information