Thread: What to expect if I join the Utopia game?

What to expect if I join the Utopia game?

Hello, I am looking for a good strategy MUD and everything I've read up in my "online research" has shown me that Utopia is or at least was a great strategy MUD. Correct me if I am wrong but recently it came under new management and there have been changes about which I am unable to find any info as of now.If any of you regular players visit this subreddit (which I am going to assume as active) could you tell me what to expect if I join this game? Thanks a lot in advance.

Director of Age Changes
    You should join the official discord server, you'll get the answer to all your questions there.
    https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Expect one of the best games ever made :) Just give it a try. What have you got to lose?

His dignity and sense of humility lol
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

A lot of the strategic diversity has been dumbed down or removed over the past few years to try and make a safe space for new players (in hopes of growing and restoring things from there). There's still enough going on to hold one's attention though if you're an analytical type. Just barely.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    The disapointment of seeing OctobreC in your target room on a daily basis with excellent gains and never be able to actually hit him or even take his intel because of the game administration kingdom.

if you are looking for an action packed strategy game that gets you into the actions right away this game is not it, runs along in real time and don't really have any flashy effects, lots of things to learn and improve on though and it can be played more or less arround your daily shedule with a few logins every day, the more efford you put into learning the mechanics and the more time you spend online the better results you would gennerally get although there is no winning conditions as such in the game only the small victories you can get from winning attacks, casting spells and stealing/killing stuff, winning wars and getting bigger and badder than everyone else.

I can recomend going attacker or support with a paladin it can be combined into one role doing both. You will find yourself quite limmited as a new player in a pure t/m (thief/mage) role, but as attacker you can always seek out opponents and as support you get to help your kingdom fellors quite actively. Pure t/m's rarely get a lot of action outside war. I can recomend Elf, Orc or Avian as particularily interesting races for a new player, Humans and Dwarfs are also strong for attacking, but their bonuses are a bit more indirect and I would rate them less interesting unless an income or efficiency bonus sounds appealing to you. If say you chose Elf/Paladin or Orc or Avian/War Hero I believe you have a promising race/personality combination with some interesting possibilities.

Get yourself 5 posts and send me a private message with your mail and I can invite you if you are interested, my kingdom is most likely not going to war, so we take things more slowly and would be a place for you to learn the basics at a decent pace as long as you communicate what you need help with. Warring kingdoms are more intense in their activities, but while you are more sheltered in between wars it can be discuraging to join a kingom that goes to war and get absolutely smashed in that war. Which is why for someone completely new I'd recomend a less competitive approach at first. I do have a few connections to get you into a warring kingdom if/when you feel ready for that later on, but wars can be quite brutal and time consuming.

Ok thank u guys

Post Fiend
    <removed>
    Last edited by Palem; 09-08-2018 at 12:00.

Nah, you'll just have fun!

Been here thru 4(?) owners, From the originator Mehul Patell to now, yeah it's changed some but the best part is working with your KD mates, that doesn't change.
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
    (Don't wish ill for your enemy; plan it)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    <removed>
    What exactly I did to misslead people, some explanation would be fine so I dont misslead people in the future. Thank you for effort.
    From my gameplay experience you did and still doing exctly what I wrote.

-----------------------------

Dear awesom-o,

You have received an infraction at Utopia Forums.

Reason: 3 Day Ban (Rule Violation)
    -------
    Please do not mislead new players
    -------

This infraction is worth 9 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showthread.php?p=15467085
    as a new player you will get raped by discord, it is truly the game engine
    and you will pay money, to progress and if you pay enough you can win the game

what was changed, they removed randomness from the game (and the whole player base)
    All the best,
    Utopia Forums

Thread Information