Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: This Chaps My Bum Hole, Multis Are Allowed Now

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Do you even multi? Then, my dear friends, how can you know whether a thing is good or bad of which you are wholly ignorant?
    Wise words from our Prophet

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by SnirpsneR View Post
    tldr multi is ok now?
    There's some paperwork.

(Cue the music, piano man.)

Considered intercontinental sitting, this spacious option offers a luxury experience for the elite visionary.

(Soft brush roll on the snare, please)

Bathed in marble clad randoms, you control history as a cool pool sharp breaking kingdoms in a velvet smooth cause and effect melange.

(A little mixolydian on the fretless bass, thank you)

Relax in opulent resources offering at minimum twice the meter and multi-drive(registered) troop ~ operation(also registered) acceleration.

...that special someone is you.

(Outro bananananana ocean reverb)

(Silhouetted condor gliding into the big red setting sun)
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-08-2018 at 22:56. Reason: Just poking fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    <removed>
    Last edited by Palem; 22-08-2018 at 10:06.

Post Demon
    can't help to think that someone are literally begging for a permaban in this thread, well guess that sort your addiction problem. Only then there is Fortnite, World of Warcraft and Minecraft, seriously no one should be addicted to Minecraft so don't do that to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Allanon isnt running multis he has multis in his kd, if you actually read the OP you would have known this!
    I read it. But if it's been done with dev support as has been admitted I'm sceptic that he was unaware.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    The university kingdoms are designed so that more knowledgeable players can help newer players learn how to play the game. I can't speak to the specific circumstances of the players involved, but we (at least internally) acknowledged that this meant we would allow some players to multi so that they could in fact spend time teaching new players without having to give up what drives them to play in the first place -- often their existing kingdoms. We are currently re-evaluating this policy to ensure that it is appropriate, and welcome feedback.
    The practice would have been fine if you had been open about it from the start and it had been clearly communicated to the community.

Such a "multi" should be clearly marked on kd pages and in news, at least for kingdoms who have received hostile interactions from either of their kingdoms. And obviously it should never happen without permission from their monarch.
    Perhaps the IP ban in their case shouldn't be province specific but kingdom specific, ie either province can't interact with any kingdom that the other kingdom has interacted with over a specific amount of time(48 hours?)?
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post

And obviously it should never happen without permission from their monarch.
    Perhaps the IP ban in their case shouldn't be province specific but kingdom specific, ie either province can't interact with any kingdom that the other kingdom has interacted with over a specific amount of time(48 hours?)?
    I think these are fair points (am not intending to suggest that these were or were not in place already - I don't know any details).

I suppose muliting with kingdom restrictions in the way Elldallan suggested would make it reasonable; I don't think its enough tho and think it shouldn't be allowed.
    #magi

Honestly they need to just stick with the simple rule. No multi's allowed. Plain and simple. Play 1 account and 1 account only. Keep it simple and standardized across the board to eliminate "favoritisim". If new players don't like the rules, then they don't have to play. Plain and simple.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    I think these are fair points (am not intending to suggest that these were or were not in place already - I don't know any details).
    Yeah same, I don't have any details either.

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I suppose muliting with kingdom restrictions in the way Elldallan suggested would make it reasonable; I don't think its enough tho and think it shouldn't be allowed.
    Yeah I'm very sceptical about it as well given that it's come out after the fact. This should have been something to put in change notes and discussed before implementing it.
    I don't exactly know how these University Kingdoms work, but teaching new players is generally a good idea and you can't trust the community to do it the regular way, because 99%(hyperbole, but you get the idea) of the time if somebody lands in a kd they're razekilled before they can say Hello, and you can't really expect people to give up their existing place in the game just so they can teach new players. Do it that way and you'd get 0 volunteers. So assuming that it's done openly for all to see, so that if there's anything suspicious behaviour people can call it out then I could sort reconcile with the idea.

If there's any secrecy at all surrounding this it will only grow rancid and fester into "ERMAHGERD muh favouritism".

If ever multi's will be allowed then more veterans (of being a multi) will be interested to come back more beginners will learn, more accounts will be made, more kingdoms, more alliances, there will be an enormous increase in players (multi's) and eventually there's a need to revive the battlefields server

Sounds fun, isn't it?
    FM

Xlogging would bring back hundreds of players

intra kingdom xlogging / not really exlogging but free sitting and unlimited please.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Xlogging would bring back hundreds of players
    True..
    FM

Needs to get out more
    Figure anyone who was xlogging would do it anyway, but I could be wrong.

In any game it's called power creep. Despite ones intentions, most xloggers would fall into the quanitative pragmatists who tend to stumble in the wake of players focused on qualitative aspects. With a few exceptions, the competitive meta amongst other alleged cheaters would distract from actual game play. As a personality type, they don't contribute to a thriving base but suffocate the ecosystem. Observe the chonological charts and you'll find the whales died off as quickly as the krill. In other words, the old casual kingdoms remain intact but the rest have gone with the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information