Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Chaps My Bum Hole, Multis Are Allowed Now

This Chaps My Bum Hole, Multis Are Allowed Now

So I am sure many utopians have many different feelings about me, and that is ok. But what I do do is abide by the rules set in the game. Some facts were presented to me lately, that really chapped my ass. Apparently the devs, David in particular, allows players to multi under certain circumstances.... Thats total horse s***.

So here is the scenario. The kingdom I am playing in this age has a multi...SHOCKER RIGHT! I noticed something weird when a province was attacking another kd and it popped up in our discord. Another player in our KD knew about it so we started digging. Come to find out. This player (ELVISH) is playing in our KD(War College), and Allanons KD(Sorry to throw you out there). This player was granted permission by David to run 2 provinces from the beginning of the age, because his brother(plays in UU) was playing and was about to quit. So you're telling me the devs will bend their own rules, just to retain one player?? Lets look at the rules here shall we?

Your Account
    You may create only one account in the Utopia gaming environment. You may maintain only your own account: under no circumstances should your account be accessed by anyone other than you. In the event that a third party is deemed to be accessing your account, both you and the third party will be considered in violation of the Code of Conduct.

How can you go against your own rules? When in the past, you go and delete people without notification who play under the same IP address and may look like multi's but actually arent? Hmmm....

And for more proof, if anyone wants to know. Here is Allanon's statement...

Allanon Yesterday at 6:04 PM

I think we should talk concerning elvish so i can let you know the situation before you go trying to burn the server down over it
    When he applied for my kd, he told me he was currently in UU with his brother. He asked if he was allowed to keep that prov as he was worried his brother would quit if he didnt play there. I told him, unless the admins approved it, no way. So he went to david, and david and i spoke. We agreed that he could continue to play there as long as: no province or kingdom was allowed to be interacted with by both accounts in the same day, a permanent cf was in place, all targets he hit in my kd would be approved by me beforehand so i could make sure he wasnt using one to benefit the other. It would be for one age only and then i would tske his brother in and the situation would be resolved.(edited)
    Given the educational nature of UU david also saw some benefit to having him play in a more experinced kingdom so he could share that experience with other UU players(edited)
    There was no favouritism involved, and there is absolutely no abuse of the setup tolerated
    I have david check him regularly to ensure he has not abused the arrangement
    Anyway, thats the situation

It shouldn't matter if the player is new or not, you should not go against the own rules you implement and enforce... Its saddening and thats why this game is going to the pooper...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Shouldnt have posted it in Utopia Talk where Allanon can delete it!

Under what rules did I break for him to delete it? lol
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

So naive zulu! If they allow multis would they care about trivial thing like this?!

Director of Age Changes
    This should be good.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Roflmao.

DavidC letting his friends cheat again. Let's see when he updates the rules this time.

He's definitely not the only player that has this sort of arrangement~

Why not just give up the prov in Allanon's kd for a while though, aren't they bad anyway?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    He's definitely not the only player that has this sort of arrangement~

Why not just give up the prov in Allanon's kd for a while though, aren't they bad anyway?
    Is there another chapter to the Book of Revelations of octo?

If only we could had gotten that far through the book! Rules and consistency, amirite?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I can see a new thread "Book of Revelations Part 2" would be a entertaining read for sure.

Needs to get out more
    Shocked like a warm blanket out of the dryer: conspiracy theorists are comforted by it, not outraged :D

I respect the sentiment and appreciate the report, but it wasn't a factor in my decision to play or not play.
    (globally speaking on the fact of multis)
    As long as the multi serves in the same game it does upset the balance. Things seemingly unrelated are like ripples of water from separate rain drops. Eventually those ripples collide. I'm sure they'll collide softly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Shocked like a warm blanket out of the dryer: conspiracy theorists are comforted by it, not outraged :D

I respect the sentiment and appreciate the report, but it wasn't a factor in my decision to play or not play.
    (globally speaking on the fact of multis)
    As long as the multi serves in the same game it does upset the balance. Things seemingly unrelated are like ripples of water from separate rain drops. Eventually those ripples collide. I'm sure they'll collide softly.
    Great, I'll take this as a que for our whole KD to play with 2 provinces. We can have 2 KDs!

Post Demon
    well not liking this, stay with your friends or get them transfered to your new kingdom, with the invite system. If the individual have to chose between paying social or competitive that is just the way it work for all of us.

Pop out Genesis already and playing on both servers is fine for all but no one can play twice on one server. Also pop OctobreC 2 out there so I can get another decent target, blood of the innocent are what makes the utopian world go round after all.

Needs to get out more
    I'm so technologically inept I wouldn't know how to create a multi; and my basic moral foundation dictates not only do I not think about multi-ing but my challenge idioms thrive on their existence in Utopia.

Analogy time: I understand the strength of multis from playing Axis & Allies. There were 4 of us one session, so I volunteered to run the axis by myself and the 3 others would be the US, Soviet Union and UK. The Axis has a decided disadvantage: Anyone who's played knows the Soviets can logistically win the game based on their first move.

Though my friend Bob is a brilliant man, he made a mistake on his first move by splitting his forces. This was all I needed as the axis to dominate the game. One mind, one goal.

I don't play Utopia to dominate, but to experience the challenges unfettered.

Sometimes people are power hungry. It's not them wanting to be in kingdoms with the like minded, it's being in kingdoms that like winning. If more players enjoyed the weight of uncertainty they would evolve as strategists rather than logistical lump method racketeers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Axis and allies is great. Me and my buddies have had a few 18-24 hour matches lol
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Thread Information