Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Chaps My Bum Hole, Multis Are Allowed Now

Veteran
    Either enforce the rules or change them. Don't break them on a whim.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Fwiw, I don't want to speak too publicly until I'm sure how/if the devs plan to address this, but I've made my concerns as known the devs as possible and have urged them to discuss it.

We'll see what happens, but in the meantime you're free to discuss the issue all you'd like (within the rules). I'll be raising a fuss to anyone that tries to stop you.

Personally, I think multis are great. They've always served me well and I'm excited to see what kind of schemes the commoners will cook up now that they have equal access. Who doesn't love a good scheme?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Forum Fanatic
    yea didnt mean it to appear the Devs got him, i may have misunderstood.I was told he got rid of one province. Figured he deleted it . Abandoned is sorta the same but doesn't work if he can still make another province again. If were going to be able to play multi freely ,not saying i have other accounts still from the old days but white listing was allowed for a time and i might know a guy who could.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Demon
    please don't go there nothing good can come of running multiple provinces, some would be able to get an unfair advantage for sure while others who only want to run one province would simply quit. I know there is plenty of other games out there and I love a wide variety of games, so I would definally considder stopping if people are allowed to run 5 orc provinces all by themself, it does not matter at what skill level they are, no one can compete with 1 province against 5.

As I mentioned earlier get that Genesis server up and allow people to have provinces on both servers, that is the only way to go if you want any competition to hold meaning while allowing people to run 2 provinces.

just make sitting free and unlimited and keep that legal... don't legalize full on multi
    #magi

Legalize xlogging please.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    it does not matter at what skill level they are, no one can compete with 1 province against 5.
    I'll 1v5 you! >:|
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    afraid I dont multi, also I can tell you from years of experience fighting the numbers that while you will be able to win a few battles and get great gains, ultimatively you will lose he war because 1 vs 3 even if you are undead and the opponents are not you will still lose more military the longer the conflict drags on compared to each opponent. No build or strategy can prevent that.

Went 1 vs 3 or 4 the first age with Dryads arround, my main target lost like 1/3 of his land dropping below 4k acres after 4-5 days of conflict just before EoA, still I also lost land overall to his kingdom fellors and was not going to be able to stay on 6k acres for long had the age not ended there. I think I was quite a bit over 7k acres when he started attacking me and I retaliated hit for hit. I was Dryad/War hero and was both using pitfalls, bribe gennerals, smite and a good deal of gs and hospitals. The nutcase thought I was obligated to war his 5-6 man kingdom because I used BG and pitfalls on my retal, or he just got it in his head that I would eventually war them if he keept semi suiciding with his Dwarf.

Yikes.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    afraid I dont multi, also I can tell you from years of experience fighting the numbers that while you will be able to win a few battles and get great gains, ultimatively you will lose he war because 1 vs 3 even if you are undead and the opponents are not you will still lose more military the longer the conflict drags on compared to each opponent. No build or strategy can prevent that.

Went 1 vs 3 or 4 the first age with Dryads arround, my main target lost like 1/3 of his land dropping below 4k acres after 4-5 days of conflict just before EoA, still I also lost land overall to his kingdom fellors and was not going to be able to stay on 6k acres for long had the age not ended there. I think I was quite a bit over 7k acres when he started attacking me and I retaliated hit for hit. I was Dryad/War hero and was both using pitfalls, bribe gennerals, smite and a good deal of gs and hospitals. The nutcase thought I was obligated to war his 5-6 man kingdom because I used BG and pitfalls on my retal, or he just got it in his head that I would eventually war them if he keept semi suiciding with his Dwarf.
    I am forced to disagree! theHERETICS managed a decisive victory over Bring it On with 4 of their friendly kingdoms razing into the war and killing off chained provs, described in this pair of alliancerankings articles: https://pastebin.com/raw/B2Sbj7w7

In addition, Dreams crowned in age 50 after a 1v7 GB conducted by Absalom. I would venture to say that our odds of winning conflicts/ages against multiple opponents are only slightly lower than our odds of winning conflicts/ages under "fair" conditions. Though, I guess it wasn't all that fair as we held the lions share of available talent at the time.

Brute Force triple crowned thanks to a GB from the Honor and Justice alliance (1v10+?). They just absorbed the hits then declared them 1 by 1 from smallest to largest over the next few weeks. And there was no EOWCF at that point to slow them down!
    Last edited by octobrev; 16-08-2018 at 23:42. Reason: forgot about BF!

Strategy Moderator
    Wasn't BF vs HaJ on Battlefields and not a triple crown age for Brute?

Rage had some similar stories including a couple 2v1's against BIO that Rage won and a couple large gb's that resulted in Rage crowning after declaring and farming the gb'ing kingdoms.

Hmm I always understood it to be their WoL triple. Dunno how else a person would get a triple. Also dunno how HaJ would get onto Battlefields. Perhaps David can clarify!

Strategy Moderator
    Pretty sure it was either on battlefields when BF defeated HaJ or it was post server mergers (again, meaning not a triple crown age.)

Edit:
    http://www.utopiatemple.com/news.php?id=1817&fpage=all
    Looks like November 2005.

That appears to match with Age 30 which was the first age of the combined servers (but I think Brute had moved to BF prior to combining.)
    http://thedragonportal.125mb.com/History.html
    Last edited by AquaSeaFoam; 17-08-2018 at 02:53.

The triple was age 18 on WoL, coinciding with the first of Pansies' b2b2b. It is long before the merger. There is age also 25 on Battlefields where they obtained the highest land and nw in that server's history, which would make sense if someone can explain how HaJ got there.

Thread Information