Thread: Dragon funding

Dragon funding

Change the cost from 100% gc to 50% gc and 50% food.

Personally I think dragon cost is too high(in gc) to be able to fund one even in an age with so many human/dwarf sages. We made 3 wars so far and we received just 2 drakes(sent none) which were funded mostly before the war. I do remember before the change of the military off/def points, their NW value and drake cost change we were sending like 2-3 drakes in a min time war. Now you barely see 1.

Lets make dragons great again!
    Last edited by Bo To; 27-08-2018 at 15:44.

no, make funding of GC similar to slaying, feed them your troops to build their HP at the same rate they would slay an enemy dragon. maybe you could put some modifier for building one so that you get a bit more bang for your buck sacrificing troops...

im always linking this old suggestion; http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Dragons-abound!

Post Fiend
    I don't have a problem funding dragons.

Dragons take a kingdom-wide effort.

Forum Fanatic
    we fund multiple during wars. Normally Emeralds

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Needs to get out more
    People from good kingdoms should preface the apparent evidence before simply saying they have no problem funding dragon.

Like: "My kingdoms has formal diplomacy and back up logs, designated strats, activity, strict order doctrine, communication and bot use mandates. We have little problem funding dragons."

Preface that by saying, thus far my ghetto kingdom hasn't had problems funding dragons either. This is due to our competent leader core getting a leap BoA. Our kingdom has grown and I'm not sure we will retain a high funding ratio. Players seem knowledgeable and I expect as much.

So I'd say that Bo To might be in a struggling kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Not exactly a struggling KD. We just prefer to keep the tpa high and train specs with gold, kill the first drake the enemy sends(funded with money prepared pre war) and control the enemy's economy instead of actually funding one. So far we are 2 wins 2 losses.

We have a lot attackers who over train and start the war with 350+ nwpa without being hit(our last war was vs a KD 5k land(~15%) larger than us but same NW) which I don't think is the main problem but definitely is not part of the solution.

Splitting the cost will make food more required just like rituals made runes more important KD wise.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    People from good kingdoms should preface the apparent evidence before simply saying they have no problem funding dragon.

Like: "My kingdoms has formal diplomacy and back up logs, designated strats, activity, strict order doctrine, communication and bot use mandates. We have little problem funding dragons."

Preface that by saying, thus far my ghetto kingdom hasn't had problems funding dragons either. This is due to our competent leader core getting a leap BoA. Our kingdom has grown and I'm not sure we will retain a high funding ratio. Players seem knowledgeable and I expect as much.

I'll preface my answer above.

I've been playing since Age 2. I've been apart of my current kingdom for around 7 years. Our kingdom philosophy is dragons > all.

I have a spreadsheet that shares the load of the dragon on all of my provinces, and this age, we upgraded to a bot that does the same.

It's taken us a long time to get us where we are.

I feel dragons are expensive and there's a reason for it. They are worth the effort. They require buy-in as a kingdom. Lowering the cost depletes the value of such a task.

---

A better suggestion IMO would be the ability to send a dragon that isn't fully funded, similar to a half cast ritual. The strength of the dragon decreases based on what you can fund.

Forum Fanatic
    Ok Strato. My kingdom has no problem funding dragons because others do and we like to send them because of that. We dont rely on bots or anything else. Its posted to send and people get it done. Simple as that.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    I'm in favor of a modified form of this. Reduce the amount of gold required to "lure" the dragon, but also require a stockpile of food for ol' boy that affects not strength, but duration. After all, if a drak can't eat, he's going to go somewhere else. So, say, 10 million bushels gives you a normal duration dragon and staged lower.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    I'm in favor of a modified form of this. Reduce the amount of gold required to "lure" the dragon, but also require a stockpile of food for ol' boy that affects not strength, but duration. After all, if a drak can't eat, he's going to go somewhere else. So, say, 10 million bushels gives you a normal duration dragon and staged lower.
    He eats draftees and gold every day... I think he's filling up well enough.

Allowing food, soldiers, and runes to fund dragons at their trade value might be a better proposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Thread Information