Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I stop pumping SCI?

Regular

Should I stop pumping SCI?

With the amount of NW scientists add, where might be a good place to stop focusing on it for a pure attacker.
    for reference, Pure attacker Orc/UD (but would be interested about other personalities) with 160 scientists at the moment. I figure all tools, housing, and military science add OPNW(one way or another) so it might be enough to offset until they add more NW than off.

Enthusiast
    No, that's silly.

Do you need to pump sci when you could have higher homes and be? Better builds? Maybe not. Really depends what you and your kingdom are doing now, have planned within a week.

I would probably max all sci, the drop off after 31 is pretty heavy. I believe 60 professor vs 30 is like a 35-40% increase, so up to you if 100% WPA or TPA or income is worth 6% pop or ME.

Strategy Moderator
    "pumping science" i wouldn't be running labs at least. Otherwise dont even think your "full on science" till u hit 40 in pop/me and 31 in everything else but (zero in ) alchemy thats 204 science.....once u get there u can "think" about what u want to do and how u want to play with science. i'd still consider running alchemy and going a bit higher but before u at least hit that 204 your no where near dont talking about being done.
    Last edited by Persain; 29-08-2018 at 15:51.

Post Demon
    I was thinking of resetting scientists again this age, constantly finding my nw rank to be lower than my land rank however as I don't often draft above 70% since it slams your flexibility down the gutter, currently ranked arround 200 in land vs 300 in nw, so figured I might as well just have the scientists go full professor and not reset them. Currently started adding scientists to thievery and after that is done only magic science remains.

While I have not yet removed laboratories I am not building more for now, so I'll slowly drop them to 0 over the next week or so as I do not think it adds much after the soft cap. I understand that you want them more concentrated, but I would advice alteast going for the soft cap in every category, after that maybe add 20-50 but not more in ME and possible one or two other categories. I will suggest only to invest heavily into science if you are not drafting heavily as having 85% draft and 500 scientists will give you a very high nw/acre which is not good for the effectivity of your province in the long run.

Strategy Moderator
    Madchess,
    If you have a decent amount of land, then the scientist nw is less significant. You'd need to be quite small in land before you would want to not have another scientist for nw reasons at any currently achievable level of scientists.

Post Demon
    that might be true but my choice is still to get rid of laboratories for TG's soon, laboratories takes up space, and if the effect they produce is less significant it is still a fair trade to replace with something else. I only had 10-15% for arround 30-40% increase, but it is still 10-15% I could use elsewhere, and having 0% just means scientists will get in every 10 hour instead of every 7-8 hour.

Also less nw mean you can hit smaller targets which is not to bad of a trade actually, defensive build is at a level where GS protect up to 30% of my land which essentially means I function as a province on 30% less land when attacked while my capacity is still that of a province my real size.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    Madchess,
    If you have a decent amount of land, then the scientist nw is less significant. You'd need to be quite small in land before you would want to not have another scientist for nw reasons at any currently achievable level of scientists.
    Based on what i ran pre age i estimated that < 750 acres science is always bad for nw, no matter the category. Under the caped science was "better" at 1500 and you have to be pretty big for overcaped science to be good at least NW wise.

Post Demon
    I see it as comparatible with wpa and guilds, if you reach the wpa you want it probably will not be a good idea to run 30% guilds anymore as you could use the build space for something else.

At 3k aces I'm sure going for every cap is fine nw wise, but I do not want to invest in much more than that since I do like TG's and Barracks but did not have room earlier because I focused purely on defensive buildings like gs, forts and hospitals for maximum durability.

350 scientists and still pumping.
    As a sage with paladins casting insight on me, I've got 35% housing science. That seems well worth the nw bloating. I'm on my way to 40%+ tools and 35% military as well. Maybe I underestimate negative effects of diminished power per nw, but it's pretty fun having a prov so stacked. I'm shooting for 60~90 profs in each category by age end.

Post Demon
    What is your nw/acre?

The important thing is not to be weaker than others at the same nw can you say that is the case or are you constantly looking at provinces below your nw to attack?

Should always be looking to attack downward! Unless you're trying to generate retals for some purpose...
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Should always be looking to attack downward! Unless you're trying to generate retals for some purpose...
    But what about honor streams octo? How do they run again?
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

I SUPPOSE that would be another valid reason to hit in-range. Such touchy that honouru. I wonder if hp gains are still unaffected by GBP after David last touched it...
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I SUPPOSE that would be another valid reason to hit in-range. Such touchy that honouru. I wonder if hp gains are still unaffected by GBP after David last touched it...
    Uto laws have acres streaming upwards and honor downwards, wasn't that the case? Generating retals and hitting upwards seems legit both. If entertaining the notion that honor without might (acres) could ever be relevant..

Time to try honor mechanics again than perhaps? The tiny prince visual becomes you :)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Such is the law! It would be a pretty arduous climb if you were eating retals the whole time. Even hits from above would out-gain after you've accumulated a bit. Operating in a near-vacuum is essential, whether you do it below the masses or above them (oow "chaining" of overgrown TMs).

Thread Information