Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game mechanic abuse

Needs to get out more
    Dragons demand union wages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Dragons demand union wages?
    If anything...you are making the carrot that's dangling on the stick that's attached to the dragon's forehead bigger

To distract it from all the commotion from other people's wars
    Last edited by DonJuan; 22-09-2018 at 19:17.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Hmm if that's the case...I'd make PAYING for a dragon targeted to a KD at war more expensive instead.

However I dont think that's how the current code work...since the dragon health only checks relations upon completion.

Unless they can add an additional relation check upon START of the dragon that will multiply the cost.

This will stimulate the idea that a dragon will need MORE resource/persuasion to go into an already hostile environment not related to their directhe interests.
    Well it calculates the cost when you start it so shouldn't be that hard to add another variable to the cost equation and make it check for relations.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

When will you learn there is also a suggestion sub forum.

I made a thread there about an idea that came because of this situation: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...7#post15467787

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    When will you learn there is also a suggestion sub forum.

I made a thread there about an idea that came because of this situation: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...7#post15467787
    Glimi has less than 100 posts so the forum might be unfamiliar. Or, Glimi understands traffic and good post placement yields knowledge like you just bestowed. And, Glimi is a Texan so we give him a freebee.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Literally a flood of raging tears

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Glimi has less than 100 posts so the forum might be unfamiliar. Or, Glimi understands traffic and good post placement yields knowledge like you just bestowed. And, Glimi is a Texan so we give him a freebee.
    StratOcastle has more than 4 posts a day, every day for the past 6 years. That makes you a forum troll my friend.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    StratOcastle has more than 4 posts a day, every day for the past 6 years. That makes you a forum troll my friend.
    I'm honored :)(:
    ________
    Weed bowls

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Glimi View Post
    The better question is why is this still a thing? CFs cancel dragons now. Why are outside kingdoms allowed to affect wars?
    I have to admit that a vague feeling of schaudenfreude came over me, on account of a distantly remembered comment where you argued that war wasn't designed to exclude all other kingdoms.

You were wrong then, and you're right now. It is, assuming that the developers and players want* to enforce war being a 1-vs-1 relationship (naturally containing caveats and mechanisms to prevent abuse/fake wars), fair to hope that they'll prevent the "nerfing" of in-war dragons by some other kingdom simply sending an easily killed replacement dragon.
    I would highly recommend heading for the Bugs/Suggestions forum. Ruining a fair war with cheap dragons is rare, but it's something that can be done by anyone, and I think your recommendation to reduce/remove it is an excellent idea.

*Please, nobody argue that people don't want this. Because everyone kingdom in war wants this! Or, at the least, they want it when they're the ones in war.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Any more tears shed in this thread and we may have a new God of Chaos soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    *Please, nobody argue that people don't want this. Because everyone kingdom in war wants this! Or, at the least, they want it when they're the ones in war.
    This seems a bit presumptuous. Some people can see and appreciate the bigger picture without being distracted by singular experiences.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    It is, assuming that the developers and players want* to enforce war being a 1-vs-1 relationship
    Bold assumption. If that's what Devs and players wanted, wars would have been locked 1-vs-1 long ago. I for one am very much opposed to it. Utopia is a strategy game, not a mindless b2b warring game (even though we've slowly slided towards that path in recents ages). If it were, the periods between wars would be pointless. Diplomacy and intervention has always, and imo should always, be an integral part of the complex game that is utopia. Rigidity means regression.

And yes, I've been at the other end of the stick. And no, I did not complain (or well, I complained a lot, but not over mechanics)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Fiend
    This doesn't happen often enough for it to be abuse-able. You need:

- an ally that's willing to dump gc into a dragon
    - an ally who's also within dragon range
    - an ally who's not in hostile/war themselves

Pretty circumstantial imo. Keep in mind that I have done it in the past, and it DID change the course of the war.

Thread Information