Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game mechanic abuse

Needs to get out more
    It's ok Glimi, you just had to get something off your chest.

You should listen to The Beatles 'Rain'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Why havent we been seing you talking about what a problem this has been previously? Its not like this is a new thing, its always been around. You're the real hypocrite here, you dont give a **** about when it happens to others but suddenly when it happend to you then its a problem. lul. O
    I'm not in either kingdom, genius, but I do have an opinion.

And I think you are an ass.
    Last edited by calamity; 18-09-2018 at 12:24.

Post Fiend
    Not sure if I'd call it mechanics abuse.

1) Either you pissed off 2:11 previously - in which case it is revenge
    2) 2:11 and 4:1 are collaborating - in which case it is ****play
    3) 2:11 and 4:1 had a situation, where 2:11 tried to get some sort of revenge - in which case it would be unlucky circumstances.

In any case, it seems like you could have some revenge and figure out what went on pretty easily, as your KD is now in same range as 2:11 (who also happens to be looking for war). If 4:1 helps 2:11 you know they are collaborating in ****play. If 4:1 doesn't help 2:11, then you are free to exact your revenge.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Cause you shouldn't be able to piss off kingdoms then run away in to war and be "get away". Diplomacy is a part of the game as well.

Is the game bleeding people cause we have special snowflakes like you that just can't stand other people having different opinions than you?
    We've had zero interaction with 2:11 so there goes your first point. This was straight up 4:1 asking for help to remove a 330k+ HP dragon to have it replaced by a 30k HP out of war Saph.

The only special snowflakes in this game are the people that frequent these forums and play a different game than the majority of the player base.

There are game mechanics that penalize people from hitting/ops into war. Please feel free to enlighten me why an outside dragon should be able to replace a dragon send by the warring kingdom. Would love to see the hoops you jump through trying to justify it.

Monarch of Pasty Troll Kingdom (Ages 10 - 26)
    Monarch of Seagulls (Ages 49 - 69)
    Monarch of Mixed Nuts (Age 74-???)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    Not sure if I'd call it mechanics abuse.

1) Either you pissed off 2:11 previously - in which case it is revenge
    2) 2:11 and 4:1 are collaborating - in which case it is ****play
    3) 2:11 and 4:1 had a situation, where 2:11 tried to get some sort of revenge - in which case it would be unlucky circumstances.

In any case, it seems like you could have some revenge and figure out what went on pretty easily, as your KD is now in same range as 2:11 (who also happens to be looking for war). If 4:1 helps 2:11 you know they are collaborating in ****play. If 4:1 doesn't help 2:11, then you are free to exact your revenge.
    Oh 2:11 is about to get their beating. Doesn't change the fact this is a ****ty game mechanic that should be looked at. If the utopia forum warriors and devs think it's valid for outside interference to overwrite Emerald dragons with cheap easy to kill saphires then I'll discuss with my kingdom about spending the next few ages just throwing dragons at people. Would love to see how people react when it affects their own war.

Monarch of Pasty Troll Kingdom (Ages 10 - 26)
    Monarch of Seagulls (Ages 49 - 69)
    Monarch of Mixed Nuts (Age 74-???)

Quote Originally Posted by Glimi View Post
    We've had zero interaction with 2:11 so there goes your first point. This was straight up 4:1 asking for help to remove a 330k+ HP dragon to have it replaced by a 30k HP out of war Saph.

The only special snowflakes in this game are the people that frequent these forums and play a different game than the majority of the player base.

There are game mechanics that penalize people from hitting/ops into war. Please feel free to enlighten me why an outside dragon should be able to replace a dragon send by the warring kingdom. Would love to see the hoops you jump through trying to justify it.
    I wasnt talking about your kingdom, i was giving you a general example of why it shouldnt be a thing.

Oh please, do tell me where do i play and why is it different from the "Majority of the player base"

I already stated my opinion in the matter in the post you quoted. :)

If the utopia forum warriors and devs think it's valid for outside interference to overwrite Emerald dragons with cheap easy to kill saphires then I'll discuss with my kingdom about spending the next few ages just throwing dragons at people. Would love to see how people react when it affects their own war.
    If you wanna be a complete douche to people for no good reason then it's a much better idea to start razing chained provinces in wars(and killing them). That's the real dick move and when people tends to get really upset :P
    Last edited by Elldallan; 18-09-2018 at 23:30.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Needs to get out more
    You see what happens when nobody tries to beat Emeriti...

Brick Top: It can get you in a lot of trouble, thinking, Errol, I shouldn't do so much of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

If the utopia forum warriors and devs think it's valid for outside interference to overwrite Emerald dragons with cheap easy to kill saphires then I'll discuss with my kingdom about spending the next few ages just throwing dragons at people. Would love to see how people react when it affects their own war.
    You would have to get into range first though :(
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    that is no abuse
    game mehanic is art of transmutation your usd into gold throught virtual credits
    all I can see in your post is normal sad gold generating scheme

Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    that is no abuse
    game mehanic is art of transmutation your usd into gold throught virtual credits
    all I can see in your post is normal sad gold generating scheme
    That's an unnecessarily complex way to say Alarm clock.
    Still though, it is an abuse and it is playing dirty, it just isn't against the rules. But the proper response is to raze to your hearts content into their next war or something like that, kill a few of them.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    The Devs should review the mechanic concerning OOW dragons because the truth is that its a rather questionable one. The purpose of the mechanic could not be to aid your friends war by making dragon slaying a piece of cake.

The purpose of being able to send dragons to kingdoms that are already in war is to make sure that "running into war" is not a magical solution to a conflict you don't want to fight. So the question is, how well does the current implementation support what its ment to do.

Probably just make Dragons full health regardless of WAR/OOW status...so its unmotivating at the very least
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Probably just make Dragons full health regardless of WAR/OOW status...so its unmotivating at the very least
    Yeah that could work. As things are claiming "Payback" as a reason when sending a 25% Sapphire dragon to replace a full strength Emerald is obviously completely bogus.

Otoh if I remember correctly the reason that dragons were scaled was because people were sending them into wars left and right, either to spite or just to be a troll, so I'm not sure that returning to that is a great idea either. The current paradigm seems to be working fairly well because this doesn't seem to be all that common of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Yeah that could work. As things are claiming "Payback" as a reason when sending a 25% Sapphire dragon to replace a full strength Emerald is obviously completely bogus.

Otoh if I remember correctly the reason that dragons were scaled was because people were sending them into wars left and right, either to spite or just to be a troll, so I'm not sure that returning to that is a great idea either. The current paradigm seems to be working fairly well because this doesn't seem to be all that common of an issue.
    Hmm if that's the case...I'd make PAYING for a dragon targeted to a KD at war more expensive instead.

However I dont think that's how the current code work...since the dragon health only checks relations upon completion.

Unless they can add an additional relation check upon START of the dragon that will multiply the cost.

This will stimulate the idea that a dragon will need MORE resource/persuasion to go into an already hostile environment not related to their directhe interests.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 20-09-2018 at 18:14.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Thread Information