Thread: PK at 830 Acres?

Needs to get out more

PK at 830 Acres?

Hello guys.

Just saw a first.

There was a viscount elf mystic I was retaliating and knocked down from roughly 1450 acres to an 805 acre baron. After my last attack it appeared he explored or land lusted to 830 acres. I took his SoT surprised to see he was down to 125 peasants at 363ish nwpa. I never attacked him below 800. When I returned to hit I found I was at zero gold so I couldn't attack, but not before checking his kingdoms page to see his province was missing. After stealing some survival gold I snatched news to see if the Utopian Lords had swept down on him, but found he had collapsed. I didn't check to see if anyone else had attacked him, but most of our retal war has been with minimal interference.

This wasn't in war for either side and I was under the impression mechanics would kick in to save him. I'm attempting another SN to see if he was attacked from another kingdom. He op'd me earlier in the day so he couldn't have abandoned.

I can think of ways this might happen, but find it odd considering the player seemed at least average activity. Thank you for any comments.

Edit: snatch news shows the elf mystic received aid on the 8th and took a dirt nap on the 16th. Soldiers? The only attack he absorbed was from yours truly on the 6th.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 20-09-2018 at 20:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

You can be somewhat active and not realize you are dying, I suppose. They may have been on their way already, or perhaps the soldiers push them over the edge...

Needs to get out more
    He was tearing me to pieces daily. Basically unloading his entire mana/rune cache on my undead dwarf. I kept hitting him, maybe 4 trads, like a bear in a killer bee nest. I got plague on him on my last hit, if I remember correctly, but he appeared to have cured it by the time I took the last SoT.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 20-09-2018 at 21:51.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

How many attacks did you make and were they simultaneously or there was time between them? From 1450 to 800 should require at least 5-6 trads oow(is it possible to take it that much down in one day?). Or you were conquesting(lower def losses and GBP manipulation)?

Surprise mechanic: Plague has a 1x10^-12 percent chance of killing a province. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Surprise mechanic: Plague has a 1x10^-12 percent chance of killing a province. :3
    Now we're talking. I am the walrus.

@ Bo To: we were comparable size, so these were separate attacks, separate uniques. No rax at roughly 14.5 ticks turnaround. - oh, I guess it was 5, but i just hit him the first time to let them know we'd retal. That and they put ms on me so I felt compelled to get my army out on the nearest caster. I normally don't retal to casters unless they provoke me with ops as a nod to gamesmanship. The actual caster was much bigger than me and the elf had relatively high honor in these parts so I considered him a viable threat*...which he was.

Reverse chronology of my attacks:

March 6th
    Feb 15th
    Jan 24th
    Jan 8th
    July 1st

* high honor equals hitting and not being hit.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 20-09-2018 at 22:33.
    ________
    Weed bowls

So my guess is he didn't explore or ll/paradise any land back(your attacks have high time between them). He didn't manage the overpoping properly(releasing some wpa) which led to the death of the province. He literally was sacrificing peasants to keep def/tpa/wpa for some reason. Now he has nothing :D.

It's possible he also didn't notice was going away with low peasants but even so you should always keep 300 Spartans as peasants :).

I think the saddest thing is he lost the science which he can't recover so late in the age.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    So my guess is he didn't explore or ll/paradise any land back(your attacks have high time between them). He didn't manage the overpoping properly(releasing some wpa) which led to the death of the province. He literally was sacrificing peasants to keep def/tpa/wpa for some reason. Now he has nothing :D.

It's possible he also didn't notice was going away with low peasants but even so you should always keep 300 Spartans as peasants :).

I think the saddest thing is he lost the science which he can't recover so late in the age.
    its also possible that he was still overpoped
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I took his SoT surprised to see he was down to 125 peasants at 363ish nwpa.
    and someone kidnaped/fb'ed him to 20 or less a few min before a tick, then the guy didnt log in for 1 tick boom dead

Post Demon
    it is essentially your own fault/choice to overpop if you are not dropped to 0 acres, I remember one age a swedish guy in my former kingdom "Ages" fell asleep with his phone in hand and died to overpop because he forgot to release, we made fun of him several ages after that.

Needs to get out more
    My regret is that I didn't message him just to assure he was aware of his situation. One reason I only did trad march was I figured he could explore back up. I contacted their monarch today and we arranged a CF.
    ________
    Weed bowls

It isn't possible this age without a massively overcasted havoc ritual, but usually you can kill a prov at the end of a tick. They can be sitting online so long as they aren't paying attention for ~2 minutes. Size doesn't matter. They die all the same.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    that is besides the point since no pk was intended, few would deliberately do this in the warring tier as it is considdered a bit of a bad sport and can result in simlair attemps from the opposing side.

have participated in chains that involved nightmare runs and took 90% of someones land and still that province survived as we was not going for the kill, funniest reaction ever was someone who we did that to that released all he could when army got back then went on to insult us in the warforum and got banned for 24 hours, province was rather overdefended in the end because he had def specs in training from the nightmares, but he did not have any offenses so was useless for the rest of that war, still not even that resulted in a pk.

PK for the most part is due to the neglect of the province owner.

Needs to get out more
    I guess I feel like Elaine when she let Mr.Pitt go to the stockholder meeting with ink on his face.

- and Havoc -
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information