Thread: Second drake during war

Second drake during war

This suggestion comes from this thread: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...mechanic-abuse

KDs at war can receive 2 dragons: 1 from the KD they are at war with and 1 from the outside. Negative effects do stack if they are different types of drakes but no change if they are the same. HP/cost mechanics are the same.

KD can't receive 2 dragons at once from the same KD(receives drake before war, war starts and receives second drake). Receiving second drake from the same KD replaces the first drake that was sent(if still alive).

Post Fiend
    So you get the effects of 2 dragons? Well that sounds totally not abuse-able.. In response to that thread, why not just suggest to lock dragon sending into only KDs at war?

Post Fiend
    You might as well ask your ally to raze into your wars to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    So you get the effects of 2 dragons? Well that sounds totally not abuse-able.. In response to that thread, why not just suggest to lock dragon sending into only KDs at war?
    Lets say KD A and KD B arrange a war and prepare drake at each. However KD A finds a better war target and decides to cancel the project and go in war with KD C. Now KD A has locked partially or fully funded drake waiting to be send but they can't because it won't do much.

I don't like implementing war protections. Lower effectiveness is fine but full protection is not. Also it gives opportunities for revenge against someone who bullied you too much especially late in the age when KDs have much more to lose. It can be abused exactly the same way raze into wars can be abused.

Post Fiend
    Yeah my comment was more lock even the option to start a dragon, only made available when at war. Honestly, i'm not sure "Revenge dragons" are really enough of a argument against that. Then it becomes increasingly more about your skills and leadership in war - the removal of abducts have pushed things along that way anyway. That said, its not actually something i'd want to see implemented, just in response to the thread you included.. well.. killing two dragons at the same time, both being emeralds... thats a war loss.

Post Fiend
    Getting an emerald and a ruby is 99% war loss. I think if this is approved, there will be too much emphasis on alliances and dragons and less about strategies and KD setups to win wars.

Post Demon
    What alliances? Also the mechanism in place is the cf, a cf cancel a dragon that is in progress. Not a perfect solution, but one that does allow people to work arround things as long as both sides can communicate and negotiate this. There is no way you can prevent someone buthurt from ruining your war if they are bent on doing that regardless of consequences afterwards, that is regardless of wether or not you allow them to send a dragon besides the one from the kingdom you are warring.

Post Fiend
    Let's say that my KD is warring your KD. Unfortunately, you are a new KD and I'm an established KD with allies everywhere. I can easily get one of my allies to launch an emerald while my KD funds an emerald. During war, you will get an emerald AND a ruby. GG. And if you CF my ally, they would just not accept it.

Thread Information