Thread: Paladin is moving on...

Lightbulb Paladin is moving on...

His divine work complete, the Paladin is moving on from this land... but, not before teaching his magic to the Faeries!

Paladin is removed.

Paladin Spells become Faery Magic (Faery only).

Faery Magic (replaces Paladin Spells):
    - Greater Protection: Increase defensive military efficiency by 5% (stacks with Minor Protection; low difficulty; high duration)
    - Divine Shield: Increase defensive magic efficiency by 15% (stacks with Magic Shield; low difficulty; high duration)
    - Greater Inspiration: Reduce military wages by 15% (stacks with Inspire Army; low difficulty; high duration)
    - Scientific Insight: Increase scientist spawn rate by 15% (stacks with Revelation; moderate difficulty; moderate duration)
    - Illuminate Shadows: Reduce damage from thievery by 15% (moderate difficulty; moderate duration)
    - Holy Smite: Attacks against this province suffer 15% more casualties (moderate difficulty; moderate duration)

Retired spells:
    - Magic Ward
    - Barrier of Integrity
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Naw

Pallies are fun especially when you need a splash of something that isn't mystic or rogue

Tact has found a niche for his thievery skills...pally can find a place for their support spells
    Last edited by DonJuan; 26-09-2018 at 15:52.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Post Fiend
    Has anyone seen the offensive paladin spells being used at all?

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    ...pally can find a place for their support spells
    Yea, on Faery. :3

Then we can ditch the one-trick ghetto-punishing pony called Paladin and keep having fun with his spellbook.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoheadbutt View Post
    Has anyone seen the offensive paladin spells being used at all?
    I used them on orcs before they were chained. But mostly.. didn't really have the mana to spend or the wpa to land.

Post Demon
    I like Paladin for the support spells, definally don't need to be hybrid or mage to cast on kd fellors, also quite good defensive buffers. Considdering it for next age, probably better than undead for holding ones own when fighting a kingdom on my own for a week or arround that time, Undead just overpops you cause the def specs won't die, Paladin with smite kills offenses pretty fast.

Also if removing paladin after retirering the two new races Dryad and Bocan this age, the only changes left since the ownership change would be stances changed to rituals and the changes done to the science system, and the science system probably need reviewing after last ages changes too. I think this would set back the progress of Utopia as a game, it is not enought to flip arround a few numbers, fundamental changes are needed, and give Paladin spells to a race and that gets to be overpowered, it needs to be a choice between Paladin, Mystic and Heretic, you can't have it all in one pick and all have their merits and downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Also if removing paladin after retirering the two new races Dryad and Bocan this age, the only changes left since the ownership change would be stances changed to rituals and the changes done to the science system... I think this would set back the progress of Utopia as a game...
    I don't equate progress with change. Change can be regressive. Progress is movement towards an objective.

it needs to be a choice between Paladin, Mystic and Heretic, you can't have it all in one pick and all have their merits and downsides.
    This is a sentiment that I agree with in a big way. :)

The main issue I take with Paladin is that it has a single function. That makes it an uncommon choice (and an unlikely choice to come by in a random KD). Additionally, it's single function has a huge impact. That makes it punishing for those who have no access to it (by no fault of their own). You might say Paladin bundles incredible merits into one pick while it's only downside is it's lack of presence (there is no real choice, you must include it in your setup or suffer).

Post Demon
    well same for mystics and meteors and rogues and AW + propaganda and heretics and nightmares if I remember correctly. If you could get everything in one choice then everyone or mostly everyone would chose that.

well same for mystics and meteors and rogues and AW + propaganda and heretics and nightmares if I remember correctly. If you could get everything in one choice then everyone or mostly everyone would chose that.
    Mys/Rog/Her are fairly dynamic, so they see a lot more play (people actually want to play them). Pal is not, so it doesn't see much play (most people would rather someone else play Pal).

Post Fiend
    Yeah, Mystic: log in, re-cast a bunch of MS, log off. Rogue: Log in, do a bunch of AW+prop on the target, log-off. I mean theres some other details in between those main two functions but by doing those two things you've covered the essentials for your KD in your Mystic/Rogue choice. But it doesn't seem like Paladin really has the same thing going on. Mana is still limited on them, and even if it weren't as far as during war is concerned, there doesnt really seem like they have an equivalent to Mystic's Meteor Showers, Rogue's AW and Prop and Heretic's Nightmares. They are all really nice spells, but they're not an essential addition to the KD. You're essentially just making a TM or Attacker choose a weaker personality for slightly cheaper wages and the possibility that they might cast on someone at the right time to have slightly increased losses on the other side while they chain your teammate.

IMHO, add a new spell (or change Wrathful Smite) to being a spell that lowers combat losses by 10%.

Post Demon
    well here is the thing, due to the nature of the personality Paladin is a defensive caster and should probably be put on hybrids rather than pure mage races so I'd recon you would get the most from it on some tanky attacker like Dwarf or Human, I was thinking I could make it work on an Avian depending on the changes, but it probably will be a good age for Avians they usually get to be one of the weaker choices then have a good or decent age every second or third age.

I tried it on Dryad and it was great, I really like the dynamics and how it can support and strengten you and your teammates, definally a better allround choice than say sage, and you really only need to be able to cast on your teammates, although some offensive spells are nice to use occasionally too.

Post Fiend
    I also played Dryad/Paladin. It was the ultimate chainbait. I think paladin spell success on other KD mates should be equal to success rate you have as if you cast it on yourself. This way, paladins are not forced to play a hybrid role.

Thread Information