Thread: Plague chances

Plague chances

What are the chances of contracting Plague from a Trad March? Conquest? Bounce?

I'm wondering whether it slides like gains on a conquest.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Post Demon
    I think the chances are lower on bounces, but any other attack type including raze and ambush is the same, not sure if it matters if you are the defender or the attacker but there probably is some % chance for both. Obliously you could not send like 1 soldier and get the plague or be attacked by 1 soldier and recieve it, that would be abusable.

Post Fiend
    AFAIK, bounces can give plague, but the % scales depending on how much of a fail the attack was.

Also, for successful attacks, the % is the same whether you plunder, raze, etc.

I see, thank you. :)

I'm still interested in exact numbers, if they're known. I'm daydreaming about the efficacy of a single Ud plague-bearer in a full KD.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Strategy Moderator
    The exact values arent know. if i remember correctly the "Feel" i get is in the 25-33% chance to plague when hitting or being hit (trad/ambush/learn/plunder). Those numbers drop off to nearly 0 on a bounce or conquest (i think i've seen one bounce and 1-2 conquests in 40 ages of using undeads in a kd).

Post Demon
    Best thing is when you hit someone as a race or personality that is immune to plague, then get the plague regardless with no effects and the next person hitting you gets the plague from you, I have seen it happen a few times, I think once was in war and I actually spread it by hitting the second target. I think spread from a non plague bearer is where the +500% or is it only +300% usually comes in with the undead bonus, meaning it is 3-5 times more likely to get the plague from an undead than from someone else having the plague. I think that is the only exact number I can give.

Post Fiend
    I think plague spreading should be increased to 100% chance, whether it's first or second-hand plagues.

Are hospitals just as effective for undead personality?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas View Post
    Are hospitals just as effective for undead personality?
    Undead have constant plague, so they are 0 effective when it comes to curing.

As for casualties, it depends I guess. If you get -25% losses from hospitals that would be -25% for UD and non-UD both, and achievable on the same amount of hosps. But with an already innate loss bonus UD doesn't multiplicate as well. Losses for a non-UD would be 1*0.75=0.75%, while losses for UD would be 0.7*0.75=0,525%, so less impactful in terms of # troops saved in each hit.

Same goes for Barracks and tact bonus for instance. The lowered army time is the same in %, but less in hours and minutes for tact than for non-tacts.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 12-10-2018 at 15:10.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Thread Information