Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 78 Proposed Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Stay true to the vision you have

For most part I am excited about the new UI, but as there are no pics yet, there is not much talk about it. Thrilled to see that. Also hope that the achievements will be implemented already this age.

I like the sci change a lot and it is understandable that so called leet players are worried about not knowing all the factors, which might result in them getting pwned. I like changes like that where everyone need to learn how things work and not know about all the nuances. I encourage the bold moves and listening to us and trying to please most people usually ruins the essence of the idea for a change that you had. Best thing for this game is to have OP combinations/kd setups that few people realize when changes come out.

That being said, it might be a good idea to run sci with about 75% of intended effectiveness and as an overall there should not be enough sci to fill all the categories. Best sci whores should be able to reach the capping point of max 75% of sci. Might also throw out sage and rev.

Looking forward to seeing how the GBP for war works out. But should remove it from arranged wars, no point in slowing down the war when both sides stand on equal grounds. Bullying could be reduced by increasing the rate that kd nw difference reduces gains, when bigger kd goes to unfriendly and even more so when hitting hostile.

I would love to get changes that introduce mechanics not as in standardized provs atm. Few examples:
    1. a race that has strong solds, like 4/4, but lowered draft rate and can only convert to strong 7/7 leets with attacking. +% pop
    2. an attacker race with no wizards and wpa is determined, by peasant population
    3. stack-able dragons that fight each other until one damaged dragon remains flying. could be like 3 max dragons.
    4. reverend personality that has ability to train missionaries and have a tab to send them on crusades to infiltrate enemy provs and gather loot while there. Attacker would be able to recall them any time, but longer they are out, more land/loot they gather. could be subdued, with both armies, building and thieves.
    5. bouncing a hit gives a portion of your honor to the defendant based on the ratio of off sent/def. would also destroy equal amount of honor that's given to defendant.

To sum it up:
    BE BOLD AND DO EXACTLY THE CHANGES YOU WANT TO DO!

Regular
    The scientist exp will be capped? Also their book prod will be increased in "real time" or the will be a "rank" system (ex: each x number of books produced increase the hourly prod with 1 book vs novice- 3 books, grad 5, prof 7 )

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Guy is obviously a troll. (or so it seems to me anyway).

If utopia had a national anthem, id kneel through it.

For the one who said MS can be countered by MV, simply dont understand how important and expensive self spells to Pure attacker, that can be easily been dispelled by MV as well.

Plus, to be honest, it is quite impossible to counter a 40 mod WPA which easily reachable by Mystic with merely 4 mod WPA of attacker, not to mention the difficulties (maybe not as difficult as countering 40 Mod WPA) to maintain the 4 mod wpa whenever there is land changes after war.
    So basically, those who think that chastity and MS can be easily countered with merely 4 mod WPA, must be those who never involve in war there existed T/M who is able to keep on MS and Chastity 24/7 on you.

Plus since when GUILDs ever help you in defending the spells? Nope, I dont think so. It never offer bonus on magic defense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddemon View Post
    For the one who said MS can be countered by MV, simply dont understand how important and expensive self spells to Pure attacker, that can be easily been dispelled by MV as well.

Plus, to be honest, it is quite impossible to counter a 40 mod WPA which easily reachable by Mystic with merely 4 mod WPA of attacker, not to mention the difficulties (maybe not as difficult as countering 40 Mod WPA) to maintain the 4 mod wpa whenever there is land changes after war.
    So basically, those who think that chastity and MS can be easily countered with merely 4 mod WPA, must be those who never involve in war there existed T/M who is able to keep on MS and Chastity 24/7 on you.
    So basically you want to run 20 epa, 1 wpa, 1 tpa and be unstoppable?

On attackers ms kills def specs and peasants. The real power is casting it on rogues and destroying their def making them easier to take down especially in prolonged hostile(no prop).

NS and horse stealing are more dmg-ing than MS.

Post Fiend

Counter with Dwarf or Orc (Mystic Aura or Reflect Magic)

I guess were just going yo ignore the fact that gor a mystic to have ONE UNSTOPPABLE SPELL they have to give up the ability to attack wort a ****.

This is the balancing act that makes utopia fun. You want all races to have the same elites too while were at it?

I really like the science changes overall. The new categories are a great addition, and learns only stealing unallocated books is a nice compromise.

I don't like the diminishing returns starting from 0 though. It was nice to have a known quantity up to a soft cap, then diminishing. I'd rather know what I can expect out of the science in the early range, especially with so many new categories. The guesswork isn't attractive at all.

I also agree amnesia should be limited to races or personalities, even if you want to spread it to a handful rather than only one.

Question: for the race/personality bonuses to thievery/magic science, do those modify all of the arcane arts related to thievery or magic, or only tpa/wpa categories (if the latter, I assume at least both offensive/defensive tpa/wpa)?

Also warrior personality needs something more. I thought it looked good in the proposed changes last age, where it was proposed as it is now plus a military science bonus. Maybe do that or give it something else. Right now it's mainly only good for making lousy conquests.

It was obvious that science would be changed, but this seems like overkill.

Science system isn't all too hard to figure out:

- Run Labs to increase SciGuys
    - SciGuys makes books
    - Allocate books

At first we may have to wait a bit longer to see the machine work but it seems legit if you consider the level of customization in science...and in long term....province effectiveness
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery; Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."
    -DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King

A C R A | WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

I agree with Papa, there needs to be a way to eliminate Large griefer provs in Ghettos. Exile spell appears to be step in that direction.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

One other change I would like to see is to replace the Rune & Food production bonus
 category with a simple Flat Rate production bonus category, affecting all flat rate building classes.

Considered changing attack time in wars? In a warring kd I have more and more great players taking a break due to it. We are not all students anymore :)

Solution: 12 hrs attack time at start of war, and keep it for the duration of war. KDs that want faster attack speed can use Avians, tactician, godspeed and rax to have more fun.

I have opinions about other changes but this is the major one that makes people takes a break from the game. In the end the survival of the game imo should be a priority not race/persona changes.

//Henrik
    M of WarMonkeys

As others have said. I first played this game when I was 12 in 1997. lol That's a long time ago.

I missed the age with the bocans and stuff. But you have to do more races/personalities.

Science tweak is ok but you are missing the point of keeping players by doing more exciting races. Bring back the Dark Elves, etc. Create and think of more. That will help keep the base or might interest new people.

Looks ok...as others said orc need a debuff, halfer needs a buff, humans definitely needs a buff, would love to see elf get pitfalls back they are the most magical race other than faery and have no spells.
    Last edited by Heuvelbr; 04-10-2018 at 18:53.

Thread Information