Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Age 78 Proposed Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Rogue needs 100% guild bonus to compete

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Rogue needs 100% guild bonus to compete
    No it doesn't. Actually should lose the current guilds bonus. You see mystic with WTs bonus?

MS killed Peasants and Defense specs, does not it self explain enough how overpower this spell to Attackers??
    I never see any fool that actually cast a MS on rogue. Because it is stupid to gang down a thief and lost a war. Why? Because the amounts of attack to gang down a thief will eventually make one attacker down. And MS is for long run. Nobody will or able to kill a thief in late war due to lost of offense along the flow of war.
    Give up the ability to attack?? Dont you know that there always exist pure T/M or pure Mage in a kingdom? Especially a good kingdom. Role is dedicated one.
    So tell me, why a pure Mage need to have ability to attack while he or she can actually use runes to Land Lust from others? Plus there is no defense against Land Lust as well.

NS and Steal warhorse are more destroying??
    You must be kidding me.
    Run 20% of WTs and nobody can actually hurt you using NS. Or rather nobody will even bother to try to do so.
    And you are comparing between an instant ops with a recurring or duration spell.
    MS, te duration spell can kill up to 5% of your armies or peasants each time. It hurt your economy (plus it together with Chastity) and ability to attack in long run.
    So can you compare with NS, which can be lowered by WTs.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddemon View Post
    MS killed Peasants and Defense specs, does not it self explain enough how overpower this spell to Attackers??
    I never see any fool that actually cast a MS on rogue. Because it is stupid to gang down a thief and lost a war. Why? Because the amounts of attack to gang down a thief will eventually make one attacker down. And MS is for long run. Nobody will or able to kill a thief in late war due to lost of offense along the flow of war.
    Give up the ability to attack?? Dont you know that there always exist pure T/M or pure Mage in a kingdom? Especially a good kingdom. Role is dedicated one.
    So tell me, why a pure Mage need to have ability to attack while he or she can actually use runes to Land Lust from others? Plus there is no defense against Land Lust as well.
    Is that you vines?
    Last edited by Crystopher; 04-10-2018 at 19:48. Reason: typo

NS and Steal warhorse are more destroying??
    You must be kidding me.
    Run 20% of WTs and nobody can actually hurt you using NS. Or rather nobody will even bother to try to do so.
    And you are comparing between an instant ops with a recurring or duration spell.
    MS, te duration spell can kill up to 5% of your armies or peasants each time. It hurt your economy (plus it together with Chastity) and ability to attack in long run.
    So can you compare with NS, which can be lowered by WTs.
    Man, you can take out a mystic with 20% WTs in just one run. GA those down to 10% or lower and then do an AW run... the mystic will get taken out of the war in the first day. I've done it and seen it done to others. Nothing compares to a strong rogue, so that pers doesn't need any more boosts.
    Additionally, you can take out more than half a prov's attack/def in less than an hour with just a couple of rogues... that makes it more overpowered than any duration op a mystic can have (MS is easily countered by a well timed MV, which leaves the enemy thinking you have MS for the next 10 hours or so).

I think the new sci system is an improvement. I have 430 nerds on my prov atm and the stats I get are just sick, that definitely needs balancing... and I haven't used any labs in the past few weeks (don't even bother to cast rev any more)
    Also, bringing back/adding more races and personalities would be nice... add more diversity to the game, spice it up a bit. Make it more interesting for new players and old ones alike.
    Last edited by elicenco; 04-10-2018 at 21:27.

i would suggest that all offensive spells/ops appears in the kd news . I really like the idea at least try it 1 age .
    as for the game story of why it should , surviving peasants and army could "spread the news" in the kingdon news tab.

ty
    Last edited by estau; 04-10-2018 at 21:45.

There wont be so many rogues in one kingdom, if yes, then the kingdom most likely wont able to win any wars easily.

Plus, you never try the power of WTs. GA those buildings down in one run?? Do you even notice that you are contradict yourself? How many wizard can you kill per run or in better translation, how many wpa can you remove per run?
    GA effect also being weaken by WTs. 20% is not a laughing matter. Your tpa will drop like hell.

Of course, I never doubt the power of rogue, but be real, top kingdom never win a war with more than one rogue. Because rogue wont win you the war, as the pers does not provide positive effect toward military.
    How many active warring kingdom actually want more than two rogues?

Timed MV? Maybe that is a good idea, but do you think enemy wont notice that you have more than one province online?
    And again, after casting MV (Several times) all self spells gone. No Quick Feet, no FL, no Magic Shield, etc.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Elf is the 6/7. Halfer, Dwarf, Avian and Human are all 6/6. Cause if they aren't, you're doing it wrong. Which is *precisely* my point.
    gelf 8/7 avian 8/6 dwarf 7/6 feggy 7/8 halfling 7/7 human 8/6 orc 9/6

Noooo

Quote Originally Posted by estau View Post
    i would suggest that all offensive spells/ops appears in the kd news . I really like the idea at least try it 1 age .
    as for the game story of why it should , surviving peasants and army could "spread the news" in the kingdon news tab.

ty

Top kingdom news feeds will be miles long. I couldnt even imagine what that would look like in a kd with a heretic core. 58949493933 items in each day of news

There wont be so many rogues in one kingdom, if yes, then the kingdom most likely wont able to win any wars easily.

Plus, you never try the power of WTs. GA those buildings down in one run?? Do you even notice that you are contradict yourself? How many wizard can you kill per run or in better translation, how many wpa can you remove per run?
    GA effect also being weaken by WTs. 20% is not a laughing matter. Your tpa will drop like hell.

Of course, I never doubt the power of rogue, but be real, top kingdom never win a war with more than one rogue. Because rogue wont win you the war, as the pers does not provide positive effect toward military.

Timed MV? Maybe that is a good idea, but do you think enemy wont notice that you have more than one province online?
    And again, after casting MV (Several times) all self spells gone. No Quick Feet, no FL, no Magic Shield, etc.
    I guess youre just going to ignore the fact that 5/5 TBB has 6 rogues?

Yeah rogues definitely aren't weak. Last age we had 4 rogues in Artificial Intelligence and went 5/5 with rogues doing a lot of the war-winning heavy lifting. An UB rogue built properly is a devastating force in a long war. If anything rogues need to be tuned down. At the very least, faery needs to lose IA and GP because it's so easy to get UB and deal massive damage throughout a war with them.

Apparently you have never played t/m or hybrid just one dimensional attackers. 3 rogues with max tds effect(which they must have) can take wts and 2 wpa in one run starting with 45-50% stealth. Starting with 100% stealth at the beginning of the war they can take away 5+ wpa. With -95% thieves losses you lose nothing. I have been on both ends of this.

Rogue needs nerf. I said it last age when it got buff on tds and guilds. This age the only way I found possible to play mystic was 8+ rtpa, 140% tpa sci(60 profs) and 20%+ tds at 115%+ BE. Currently I'm in eoa war and I started with 10.5 rtpa. High fail rate on prop/aw but still it's possible to destroy 1 wpa/run.

Post Fiend
    For the one who said MS can be countered by MV, simply dont understand how important and expensive self spells to Pure attacker, that can be easily been dispelled by MV as well.

Plus, to be honest, it is quite impossible to counter a 40 mod WPA which easily reachable by Mystic with merely 4 mod WPA of attacker, not to mention the difficulties (maybe not as difficult as countering 40 Mod WPA) to maintain the 4 mod wpa whenever there is land changes after war.
    So basically, those who think that chastity and MS can be easily countered with merely 4 mod WPA, must be those who never involve in war there existed T/M who is able to keep on MS and Chastity 24/7 on you.
    If you are having trouble casting self spells, then what chance do you have in getting a ritual up? If you have problems generating enough runes as a KD, then you're doing something wrong.

We ran a human/rogue KD this age. 4/5 wins. Retrain thieves with the econ you get from being human.
    Like I said, if you can't afford to recast selfies, then how do you cast rituals?

I'm currently the only halfling/undead in the game, and I ask for MV all the time after my attacks. It works, nobody complains.

AW is deadly. You can take out a mage's raw WPA down to 1 in a day.
    Last edited by elmoheadbutt; 04-10-2018 at 23:09. Reason: more replies

4 Rogues would put any mystic down to 1.5wpa if they knew what they were doing with 1 run of stealth. GA WTs is effective. On a 7 rwpa target, 1 single AW will kill 0.1 rwpa. Doesnt take as much as you think. Thats an entire province left a husk for the remainder of the war, however long it might be.

I'm not sure what you count as a TOP kingdom. I've been in one of the better warring kingdoms for years and we've used Rogues extensively. We're generally 10-15 in land. You might not see as many Rogues in the top 3 land KDs but generally they win their wars by giving themselves a significant size/military lead by whoring, not so much because Rogues are weak in a 50/50 fight

Unless your TMs stink, the Rogues wouldn't have MS for more then 1-2 ticks
    Last edited by Minty; 04-10-2018 at 23:02.

Thread Information