Thread: Changing the race and pers every age

Post Fiend

Changing the race and pers every age

It seems like a lot of the suggestions to the Age changes have been that race and pers changes are wanted every age. So i'd like to put forward the idea of a Race/pers rotation. Every age instead of slightly adjusting the numbers on races, just do a complete swap out. 6 active races, and 6 on the bench - 2 choices intended for attacker, 2 intended for Thief, 2 intended for Mage. When the new age rolls around you have a completely different set of races to choose from. Keeps it fresh, forces kingdom tactics to keep shifting.

Even if not 6 in 6 out, could be 3 in 3 out with a consistent 6 available. Then the races dont need to change too much from age to age but it'll still keeps everything feeling fresh. If theres some combo that is broken.. thats fine - it still means its fresh and interesting in the way people are designing tactics to counter or exploit them.

Post Fiend
    Doesn't have to be 6. I, for one, would like to see all of the races come back and duke it out.

I like the idea of rotating race/pers choices
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Post Fiend
    I mean, you could rotate races out and do some thorough testing on them, and it would keep the game fresh for players because they'd be constantly changing races each age.

I would really enjoy a larger pool of races/personalities with more defined bonuses/penalties that get rotated semi-randomly every age. Screw balance. It just sounds fun to me. I could get behind almost any iteration of this idea, though. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Thread Information