Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 78 Revised Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Administrator

Age 78 Revised Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Proposed changes are here!

Please use this thread to provide feedback (or other suggestions) on the currently posted changes (keep an eye on the changelog at the bottom of the post for any changes that might be made to the proposed changes post).

You can find the announcement here: Age 78 Revised Changes
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Regular
    Why Im skipping an age again. Same story every age whoever is making changes only plays tm races and dont give a f about attacking. This looks to me like those generic pg-13 magic school japanese cartoons.

Interested in Genesis but I detest fake propaganda. Adios.

Based on the 5% (allocated books):
    in 10 attacks suffered one losses 35% of TOTAL books
    in 20 attacks 66%
    after that, effects start diminishing as the base pool is so much lower, but you get my point.
    So i believe we go back to the bullying days, when established KDs would do non stop learn waves, when there is no peace, no rest if you are in a ghetto trying to build something (guess where new or returning players are, or at least most of them).
    So ORC all the way, i wonder how a T/M would counter the loss of books? i mean attackers will just trade, and whoever has more and bigger friends might win, but what a T/M does after losing his science?
    everybody turtle up behind a faery elite?

Why don't you analyze the market? look around for ideas and principles?
    I mean, Utopia is the only game so far where your province upgrades are fair game for anyone interested. And considering the amount of time and planning and all of the unknown variables in play, i believe it's just cruel to hand it to a handful of superior organised kingdoms.
    Why don't you create a stable base of unchangeable features and each age offer updates or create like age packages (i.e. this age this group of races/pers, next age that group), let people know the changes and what to expect for in advance, etc.
    Last week at least was the most boring, mostly logged to cast self spells and wait for changes, which sucked; at first looked a bit interesting with the whole science system, but later tweaks in EOWCF, learn attacks, races and personalities just killed it. 99% of changes in this revised proposal would benefit mostly already established and well organised KDs, while the relaxed part of the server will have to find a way to stay afloat or enjoy playing at 400 acres.

create a medal or achievement system, that would require people to play till the last minute. introduce an automatic war winning system (you set the rules, either by stats difference or set by monarch - pre agreed "who gets to 100 soldiers more wins"), that would speed wars and make gameplay more enjoyable and exciting. So far wars are bloody and cruel, the only upside of a war was the 96 hours of EOWCF where you had enough time to draft and rebuild IF YOU WON (if you didn't, maybe, maybe not). Now you are messing with that too.
    There is a reason i haven't played this game for 8 years or so. And it seems no matter who's in charge, 5hite is same.
    If you want a new face, a revamped version that will attract new people, stop wasting your time and players' time with these non-changes. I know you need data to compare and see the effectiveness, i know you put a lot of work in the game the way it is, but we are not your testers, you do not pay us to test new features for 3 months. get a test server for that, get some people that might be interested (like any other beta version of any game out there), make some hard choices and you might see positive results.
    Last edited by allah; 05-10-2018 at 08:14.

Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    Why Im skipping an age again. Same story every age whoever is making changes only plays tm races and dont give a f about attacking. This looks to me like those generic pg-13 magic school japanese cartoons.

Interested in Genesis but I detest fake propaganda. Adios.
    Agree with you. Nobody actually care about having protection against MS and Chastity. Way to kill attackers very effectively.

Sage removal is good.
    EowCF shortening is not. We want our 4 days of timeout!
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Sage removal is good.
    EowCF shortening is not. We want our 4 days of timeout!
    agree
    "Some People Die at 25 and aren't buried until 75"

-Benjamin Franklin-

R.I.P JONAS

Why the heck so difficult just to get the University to protect also against all other negative spells??
    There is no extra work to do so.
    Plus this is a choice optimization problem during war that Attacker need to choose. Whether to build more WTs to protect against Sabotage, or to build more University (if the proposed changes applied) to protect against all negative spells.
    T/M cant counter with loss of the books?? Please they have way more books to keep than loss.

wow i didnt think the revised changes would manage to make stuff worse but they did.
    you are supposed to buff the things that suck, not nerf the things that are good.
    also instead of adding more stuff you removed an entire personality - lmao.

theres so much more interesting stuff you could do;
    - avian - 25% chance of intercepting fireballs or MS per tick or something - they can fly dude - think about it - get creative. avians could even drop a fireball every traditional march they do. they are up in the air flying around. maybe they can even abduct peasents everytime they do a hit - it would be easy for them to kidnap peasents, they are flying! give them a kidnap bonus, now you can run thief ideas with an avian.
    - human - 50% extra dragon slaying strength. think of this coupled with the dragon slaying science. everyone knows humans kill dragons in all the fables. also everyone knows that human knights are super honourable in combat - give them an honour bonus everytime they retal a hit within 24 hours. suddenly you have incentive to pair this with warhero maybe? maybe you have incentive to retal instead of staying on a chain target? also humans hate heretics! they inflict more casualties on heretics because they follow an organised religion.
    - faery - think about it, they are like these little magical beasts. you could have them auto detect everone that enters their province, thief or mage. there is no hiding from a faery. make them undetectable when they enter someone elses province too. They are tiny how are you going to see a faery?? give them magical steeds that are 2/0 as well so maybe they could be an attacker as well - and you cant ambush them, you dont even know they hit you, they just did some magic stuff on you to make you forget. maybe they gave you amensia when they hit you aswell.
    - orc - gets automatic bloodlust if they send out 10 generals within a 24 hour period. incentives people to run heavy rax and be active and multi tap - maybe even more incentive to go tactician. think about it, these are like hulking green dudes that want to hulk smash stuff. also orcs hate humans and elves! they inflict more casualties on humans and elves. also they believe in a god of lightning so their lightning strikes are way more powerful, it destroys runes and gold at the same time. they also pray to a god of wind, so their tornados are way more savage.
    - undead - access to nightmares. they are undead - they are spooky! also immune to blizzards. they are cold blooded. also why are they still eating lol? arent they dead?
    - war hero - lose the honour bonus. make it something like "gains X number of military books per X amount of honour per utopian month". it gives them a permanent bonus during times they have high honour. the problem with WH is that they lose it all when they are chained. maybe they are rewarded for their valour with cash or runes or food everytime they get hit.
    - warrior - mercs are 75% cheaper - it seems really obvious. who the hell will use mercs otherwise? maybe mercs are more willing to give their services cheaper to a leader that is a warrior because they think he is a dude that is more worthwhile dying for.
    - halfling - steal warhorses at 2x the usual rate, and their horses dont need stables, they can chill out inside halfling homes becuase they ride midget horses. it opens them up for A/T.
    - elves - they hate orcs! they see them as this impure race. they inflict more casualties on orcs. also their ears are pointy and they can run like legolas so they can track down an army that is returning. that means they can ambush an enemy that uses anonymity! you cant get anything past legolas!

i literally just came up with this stuff on the spot, im sure you could think of way more creative cool stuff if you gave it any serious thought.
    Last edited by crimsonwoods; 05-10-2018 at 08:45.

Please add a penalty on hits for kd size differences. It's bad enough that a prov from a 10m+ kd can hit into a 5m kd with little to no penalties, not to mention the gains system which is way off being purely based on NW.
    With learn attacks being added back into the game, it will simply be a matter of bigger kd feeding off smaller ones 90% of the time. Bottom feeding is one of the things that's killing the game.

Veteran
    Science system questions. Sorry if i missed something that is stated - didn't have as much time as I would have like to go through and consider it.

1. Does scientist experience level go up linearly? Does it cap? What does it cap at?

2. Presumably DR is on a per science "Type" basis?

3. " Scientist experience will be based on how many books they have produced, not the amount of time they have been in a category"
    "Schools will increase book per tick generation, but will only increase production in a single Category"

So collectively this means schools increase the rate at which scientists gain experience? ie, if i build schools and then raze the schools after a while, I have gained (a) more books per tick whilst I have schools but also (b) more books per tick even after I razed my schools because my scientists now have more experience (due to having produced more books) which makes them produce books faster.

Just checking if this is intended or I misunderstood it.

4. Is there still a purpose to the learn attack taking a different rate of allocated / unallocated books? This seems to encourage farms who are more easily able to have a stack of unallocated science. In the first set of changes there was a purpose as there was a risk-reward trade off in stacking up unallocated books, but that has been removed in the amended changes.

These kind of massive changes need to be thought of and discussed well before age ends. A 2 day "discussion" is not a problem solver. there so many possibilities, solutions, scenarios that change the variables at play so much, that they require a lot of thinking through.
    I would agree on learn attacks as a mean to level the ground between attackers and T/M capabilities to become unbreakable, if those learn would be kept in check (non-allocated only or + a very small (5% is too much and too easy to abuse) portion of allocated books)
    It would be nice if "Proposed Changes" would come out mid age, "Revised PC" when there are like 2-3 weeks left, and ONLY after these were discussed and maybe partially tested on a test server, "Final Changes" at the beginning of the last week of the age.

Can someone explain to me what this means for the game?

- Multi-Attack Protection reduction will slide into effect over the first 12 hours of war
    Madness est. age 75

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Can someone explain to me what this means for the game?

- Multi-Attack Protection reduction will slide into effect over the first 12 hours of war
    Oow there is strong GBP so you can't get chained. They want to keep that GBP for the first 12h of the war. As I see it everyone will gangbang massing tms because nobody can be chained... fun times coming...

Regular
    I see no upside to shortening EOWCF.

All other changes I can agree on. Even the science change could be fun and only seems over complicated because all of us are used to the way science is right now. I welcome trying new things. Beginning of war GBP opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Tho right now I prefer the current system it will reward those who think it through and play according to the new rules.

Back to the pwcf part. Current EOWCF allowed kingdoms to pump and be war ready by the time they are OOW. Shortening it but increasing peon growth will not allow for the same level of pump the current system does. It rewarded those who fought and allowed them to grow and challenge bigger kingdoms right as they exited war. Do not take this away from them. Also 4 days is the time where LS needs to cool down and mentally prepare for the next fight. This is a resting period for both the province and the ruler.

Shortening EOWCF is a big mistake, substantially diminishes the game. It's not enough time to get pumped for another war, and to protect against learns people will go with defense first which slows everything down for war kingdoms.

Thread Information