Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Age 78 Revised Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    Change Heretic's bonus from "Sorcery and Crime" to simply an Arcane category bonus +30% effects.

Why? Heretics is suppose to be good in BOTH.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead,

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by zos View Post
    One race, for a brief time...
    Not brief though being Elves are frequently without a penlity in the last what 6-7 years?... but yea just one race.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead,

To me what strikes me the most is the lack of creativity and flexibility in picking races. I have no numbers for anything, but it's fun if you can go faery attacker or "something not elf" if you want to be A/M or such. But right now there is very little flexibility and if you want to play a specific thing there is almost a "must go to" race/personality for every role. It's maybe easier for new players but kinda boring if you want to be creative.
    My 2 cent. :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Proposed desertion changes:

Reduce rate of desertion by 50%.

Troops home and out desert.

Troops desert in equal proportions, and not in order (so you can't use soldiers to prevent spec/elite desertions)

This is stupid change and basically kills Pure attacker as role. And races like Orks/Avians. If you wanna play Just TM's and hybrids then there is "Well know Utopia clone" for it.
    #Plaidovia

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by kiddemon View Post
    So Again, where are those commentators who said MS and Chastity are nothing compare to NS and steal warhorses?
    And where are they again who said it is easy to handle a war win with more than 4 rogues in a kingdom?
    I bet those who said MS is easy, never really face a kingdom who know who to chain or to attack.
    human/rogue core. 4/5 win rate. /end_debate

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Proposed desertion changes:

Reduce rate of desertion by 50%.

Troops home and out desert.

Troops desert in equal proportions, and not in order (so you can't use soldiers to prevent spec/elite desertions)

What is the logic in this? It's already hard enough to recover from a chain, now we lose all the offensive leets that attackers try to protect then have a shorter eowcf to retrain. This is definitely looking like an age of few wars.
    I don't know where you got this from, but the biggest impact would be people would just go with high defense and there will be little chaining. Gone would be that days of 200 opa because you would be destroyed instantly with no hope of survival.

This and shorter EOWCF would destroy warring as we know it today. I probably wouldn't last the age before quitting
    Last edited by Wilmington; 06-10-2018 at 08:16.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Why? Heretics is suppose to be good in BOTH.
    Arcane Arts:
    - Crime: Thievery Effectiveness bonus (TPA)

- Sorcery: Wizard Effectiveness bonus (WPA)
    - Shielding: Reduction of Thievery or Magic instant operation damage
    - Invocation: Ritual cost reduction
    - Cunning: Increase Thievery or Magic instant operation damage

? Arcane category is both...?
    Last edited by Kido; 06-10-2018 at 10:20.

Cannot simply compare in that way..
    am lazy to explain.. lol
    *peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    I normally don't post but every age Magic gets stronger and thievery gets worse or stagnates.

We keep increasing the sci bonus for magic but thievery stays the same. Everyone complained that AW ruined provs for an entire age if done right, so we gave them increase in guild production to help recover. Then everyone got pissed that Rogues could have stupid high MTPA so we increase the sci bonus for magic to help offset it forgetting that there is literally a building that has a base stat for lessening damage and increasing chance of a failed op, but we have yet to get a building like that to counter mystics. We just sit there and eat the FB, the MS and whatever else they want to throw at us. Rogue's big advantage come from having TD's but one nado run or raze and your numbers are skewed whereas when a mystic gets hit it actually makes them more powerful.

While I may seem salty about Rogue and thief races always getting nerfed and overlooked ( I am) i understand you have to have a mystic and you have to have a rogue on the opposite ends. My biggest issue comes with Heretic, every age they get stronger and honestly starting to make Rogue unplayable. They have roughly the same sci bonus with the new changes ( 40%) which is an increase over last age ( 30%) so if you negate TD's through either nado or a raze heretic is the better choice. Same sci plus they get a bigger magic buff compared to the average Rogue.

I propose you either lower the thief protection rate ( 33%?) and lower the sci benefits back down to 30% or 25%. You can keep the wizards do not die on failed cast. Or like mentioned previously make universities or a new building that works like WT's but maybe like half the efficiency to offer a little more protection from MS or FB and maybe even ET

Post Fiend
    Heretic doesn't have aw or prop. Rogue also gets +1 stealth. Heretic can do both, but they aren't really in a Rogue's league with thievery.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmington View Post
    I don't know where you got this from, but the biggest impact would be people would just go with high defense and there will be little chaining. Gone would be that days of 200 opa because you would be destroyed instantly with no hope of survival.
    Personally I absolutely love that they're curbing this sort of Leeroy Jenkins style of play. It's always struck me as odd that troops out on attack are almost completely impervious to everything and I'm glad to see that changing.
    Though I would probably have kept the desertion order so that it could be mitigated if you're active.

I'm with you on the shorter EOWCF though, it should stay 96h, I need my break.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 06-10-2018 at 11:47.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Personally I absolutely love that they're curbing this sort of Leeroy Jenkins style of play. It's always struck me as odd that troops out on attack are almost completely impervious to everything and I'm glad to see that changing.
    Though I would probably have kept the desertion order so that it could be mitigated if you're active.

I'm with you on the shorter EOWCF though, it should stay 96h, I need my break.

I'm totally opposed to shorter EOWCF, I think keep it at 96h
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonwoods View Post
    wow i didnt think the revised changes would manage to make stuff worse but they did.
    you are supposed to buff the things that suck, not nerf the things that are good.
    also instead of adding more stuff you removed an entire personality - lmao.

theres so much more interesting stuff you could do;
    - avian - 25% chance of intercepting fireballs or MS per tick or something - they can fly dude - think about it - get creative. avians could even drop a fireball every traditional march they do. they are up in the air flying around. maybe they can even abduct peasents everytime they do a hit - it would be easy for them to kidnap peasents, they are flying! give them a kidnap bonus, now you can run thief ideas with an avian.
    ---I've always said they should be immune to pitfalls..it just makes the most sense of everything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by I am the Taco View Post
    The current system HEAVILY favors topfeeding vs bottomfeeding right now.
    Not...it doesn't actually. That statement is like saying the current system in America favors black people. The top big KDs are the white privilege and if they lose a tiny bit of their already super privileged advantages, they get mad.

The danger does exist that someone can abuse it, so I get it. It's a necessary evil. But the system as a whole does not favor top-feeding.

I've been randomly checking back in and noticing things...

Not only have the bonuses trended over time towards better WPA...but they continue to get buffed. They also have the most hidden bonuses (more honor per op, etc). Not necessarily a suggestion, just an observation.

Regular
    These devs are/were Elf/Mystic players. Many minor nerfs to rogues and 'rogue races' over time, while making mystics the superior in mod numbers. Which is why the removal of Invisibility from Mystic->moved to rogues last age seemed to be the silent extension of a rogue consolation prize. I won't dispute that back when CS was moved to Tact that rogues seemed at their strongest, but the buffs to WTs and all the other things before and after have clearly favored mystics heavily.

Regards,

An Elf/Rogue Conformist
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    I don't know who you ghetto noobs are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for free acres, I can tell you I don't have any for you... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for noobs like you. If you CF now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will razekill you.

Thread Information