Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 78 Revised Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by elicenco View Post
    Please add a penalty on hits for kd size differences. It's bad enough that a prov from a 10m+ kd can hit into a 5m kd with little to no penalties, not to mention the gains system which is way off being purely based on NW.
    With learn attacks being added back into the game, it will simply be a matter of bigger kd feeding off smaller ones 90% of the time. Bottom feeding is one of the things that's killing the game.

The current system HEAVILY favors topfeeding vs bottomfeeding right now.

War land bonus should be awarded weighted on kd average, meaning small chained provs get a considerably bigger share and huge overgrown provs a smaller one.

Don't give elves basically the best military and hybrid options. Change elite to 7/4, increase tower efficiency to 40-50% and lower wpa bonus.
    Last edited by Avenger; 05-10-2018 at 13:13.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

I think it is a big mistake to even make these community changes to the age. I think there ought to be just one set of changes and players would just have to deal with them. Currently there are 3 set of changes and 1 of them people will like most and for 90% it is not the final ones. I see a lot of biased proposes that favor the races they like and setup their kds are used to. Fan service sucks. Be bold and give just the changes that will be and in due time so everyone can sim and discuss them and then make the most of what the get. Currently changes have the face of those of loudest voice. I trust a game developer will have much better bigger picture than those having some stake in the final results.

I want to play orc tactician next age, so could we please have orc's characterizing trait remain and keep their free draft. i was one of the few remaining very different characteristics in the game. No only dorfs free building remains. Make them dumber and go -15% sci, but let them feel like the orc we are used to. also tactician should have a boost in - Tactics: Offensive Military Efficiency. Duh! Otherwise call it something else :D

It is a great thing that there is the sci system and it gives so much options to give character to races/personalities. Like heroism to warheroes, Valor to humans, shielding to paladin, bookkeeping to heretic etc. Utilize the great tool that the science gives and let the races and personalities go into anonymous equations that give out slightly different values.

Please don't take away the 4 day eowcf, as 3 days would need almost war-like activity to maneuver around to get everything done. Chained provs that have had the worst time for past days will be hit hardest, as no time to explore up and train. also those who got aw and massacred will be useless. Not considering the learn frenzy that will be going on a 4 day peace time is very much needed.

Post Fiend

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Sage removal is good.
    EowCF shortening is not. We want our 4 days of timeout!
    We agree!
    kushout

Who gets Amnesia?

Who gets Revelation, if at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrunner View Post
    Who gets Amnesia?

Who gets Revelation, if at all?
    Amnesia - mystic and here(should be only mystic - why here has more offensive spells than the mystic?!).

Reve - removed imo.

Either Amnesia is an effective spam spell, in which case it makes no sense to give it to mystics when heretics get +mana, or its not, and mystics should not bother with it and stick to MS. either way, heretic should be the only one with amnesia.

not sure the point faery serves in the game now. is elf = better mage, half = better thief, and faery = little of both? right now it seems to be just for people that want an easy and semi-useful race to turtle with and have GP/MP up for long periods.

Post Fiend
    For the love of god do not shorten Post war recovery, this is pure madness. Wild guess you don't want to give people more time to stock up unassigned books behind war protection. I would counter it might serve as incentive to actually war, which you need more of.

Taking sage out is shameful... sure it might be broke, it might suck... but it was at least INTERESTING with the science changes. If you worry its too strong give the other personalities stronger buffs to make it more of a decision. You have implemented zero interesting changes in the races, aside from the Orc TPA penalty removal which just means and orc can actually get intel once in a while. The Science change is not substantial enough to make the upcoming age even remotely interesting as you have pretty much made all the races completely vanilla, and slid further toward hybrid setups.

It may or may not matter, but unless there is something substantially interesting brought into the mix, I have played my last age of this game - its been a ride.
    Now I want to ask. Is there anything that the administration can do to stop the hits of "Cakey Cakey"? Since as I understand, it's unfair to attack into someone's war?
    - Some Nub

I normally don't post but every age Magic gets stronger and thievery gets worse or stagnates.

We keep increasing the sci bonus for magic but thievery stays the same. Everyone complained that AW ruined provs for an entire age if done right, so we gave them increase in guild production to help recover. Then everyone got pissed that Rogues could have stupid high MTPA so we increase the sci bonus for magic to help offset it forgetting that there is literally a building that has a base stat for lessening damage and increasing chance of a failed op, but we have yet to get a building like that to counter mystics. We just sit there and eat the FB, the MS and whatever else they want to throw at us. Rogue's big advantage come from having TD's but one nado run or raze and your numbers are skewed whereas when a mystic gets hit it actually makes them more powerful.

While I may seem salty about Rogue and thief races always getting nerfed and overlooked ( I am) i understand you have to have a mystic and you have to have a rogue on the opposite ends. My biggest issue comes with Heretic, every age they get stronger and honestly starting to make Rogue unplayable. They have roughly the same sci bonus with the new changes ( 40%) which is an increase over last age ( 30%) so if you negate TD's through either nado or a raze heretic is the better choice. Same sci plus they get a bigger magic buff compared to the average Rogue.

I propose you either lower the thief protection rate ( 33%?) and lower the sci benefits back down to 30% or 25%. You can keep the wizards do not die on failed cast. Or like mentioned previously make universities or a new building that works like WT's but maybe like half the efficiency to offer a little more protection from MS or FB and maybe even ET

Quote Originally Posted by I am the Taco View Post
    The current system HEAVILY favors topfeeding vs bottomfeeding right now.
    I'm not saying that's not the case, but with the current system, having a high nwpa makes you a perfect target for bigger provs that are less pumped. I could go into examples, but it just feels like people that focus on getting the most out of their provs are being punished.

Veteran
    Just my 2 cents. Keep the no sci loss for 1 more age. If this system will stick then Let people have some fun with it for the first age. Otherwise it’s back to kds picking on the smaller guys with learns because they can’t fight back.

Edit: can keep the changes to taking unnalocated books, just that stuff already learned should be left alone.
    Last edited by elixer; 05-10-2018 at 15:41.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Post Fiend
    The GB protection in war makes no sense. T/M waving without a question in hostile/war without much penalty. If anything, you'll make T/Ms more inclined to be unbreakable.

Shortening post-war also makes no sense. I appreciate the four days as a monarch to unwind.

I recommend the following:

War Changes:

1) Decrease Land/Honor gains when you win a war. They don't need to be as high as they are. If anything, they are a war deterrent as a 22 prov kingdom is now surrounded by 25's quite easily.
    2) Speed up build time in post war

Enhance anything revolving around dragons:

1) Thief/Mage operation or spell to check the health of a dragon to see if it's being killed or tanked, or just allow the monarch to view its current status on the dragon page
    2) The ability to send a dragon based on their current fund strength, similar to rituals.
    3) Dragon stacking, no overwriting. If a dragon is sent, it has to be killed or flies away on its own.

Eliminate ability to send dragons into someone else's war.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonwoods View Post
    wow i didnt think the revised changes would manage to make stuff worse but they did.
    you are supposed to buff the things that suck, not nerf the things that are good.
    also instead of adding more stuff you removed an entire personality - lmao.

theres so much more interesting stuff you could do;
    - avian - 25% chance of intercepting fireballs or MS per tick or something - they can fly dude - think about it - get creative. avians could even drop a fireball every traditional march they do. they are up in the air flying around. maybe they can even abduct peasents everytime they do a hit - it would be easy for them to kidnap peasents, they are flying! give them a kidnap bonus, now you can run thief ideas with an avian.
    - human - 50% extra dragon slaying strength. think of this coupled with the dragon slaying science. everyone knows humans kill dragons in all the fables. also everyone knows that human knights are super honourable in combat - give them an honour bonus everytime they retal a hit within 24 hours. suddenly you have incentive to pair this with warhero maybe? maybe you have incentive to retal instead of staying on a chain target? also humans hate heretics! they inflict more casualties on heretics because they follow an organised religion.
    - faery - think about it, they are like these little magical beasts. you could have them auto detect everone that enters their province, thief or mage. there is no hiding from a faery. make them undetectable when they enter someone elses province too. They are tiny how are you going to see a faery?? give them magical steeds that are 2/0 as well so maybe they could be an attacker as well - and you cant ambush them, you dont even know they hit you, they just did some magic stuff on you to make you forget. maybe they gave you amensia when they hit you aswell.
    - orc - gets automatic bloodlust if they send out 10 generals within a 24 hour period. incentives people to run heavy rax and be active and multi tap - maybe even more incentive to go tactician. think about it, these are like hulking green dudes that want to hulk smash stuff. also orcs hate humans and elves! they inflict more casualties on humans and elves. also they believe in a god of lightning so their lightning strikes are way more powerful, it destroys runes and gold at the same time. they also pray to a god of wind, so their tornados are way more savage.
    - undead - access to nightmares. they are undead - they are spooky! also immune to blizzards. they are cold blooded. also why are they still eating lol? arent they dead?
    - war hero - lose the honour bonus. make it something like "gains X number of military books per X amount of honour per utopian month". it gives them a permanent bonus during times they have high honour. the problem with WH is that they lose it all when they are chained. maybe they are rewarded for their valour with cash or runes or food everytime they get hit.
    - warrior - mercs are 75% cheaper - it seems really obvious. who the hell will use mercs otherwise? maybe mercs are more willing to give their services cheaper to a leader that is a warrior because they think he is a dude that is more worthwhile dying for.
    - halfling - steal warhorses at 2x the usual rate, and their horses dont need stables, they can chill out inside halfling homes becuase they ride midget horses. it opens them up for A/T.
    - elves - they hate orcs! they see them as this impure race. they inflict more casualties on orcs. also their ears are pointy and they can run like legolas so they can track down an army that is returning. that means they can ambush an enemy that uses anonymity! you cant get anything past legolas!

i literally just came up with this stuff on the spot, im sure you could think of way more creative cool stuff if you gave it any serious thought.

This has to be one of my favorite posts in recent times. I understand that these changes would be tough to balance but ideas like these would keep things fresh.

Swag posted an issue and really made the point that thieves and Rogues are mostly nerfed. I played hybrid the last 2 ages as rogue. The ability of MS, Chas, and FB is too strong. I cannot Kidnap to make up for FB, much less the rest. So, as an attacker, a high NW TM or two just unload and ruins the econ and BE for the whole war. So, this age I played as Dwarf. Again, the TMs shredded my province with FBs and MS. By the end of day 2 or so, I was asking for soldiers in aid to release into pezzies. FBs were killing 300-500 or more and kidnap was getting me 80-130. Throw in Chastity and your province could not recover. It is the equal of a land based chain. While Mage TMs did need some protection against AW, the rogue has been weakened to be almost unplayable for a non full rogue TM. I played as a Hybrid with 10% TDs and 3.5 rtpa even getting basic intel and surveys on provinces who did not even have WTs was made harder and shredded thieves. I am wondering if I played as a Faery TM and have Off specs if I could become an incredible attacker. Please look into this and re-balance.

Thread Information