Thread: Final Changes age 78

Final Changes age 78

The final changes on learn attacks suck. Learn attacks should be only on unallocated books not allocated ones; furthermore 5% on allocated books is insanely high -- I fully expect this to end badly.

So what suggestion am I making? I am suggestion you pull the plug on the final changes being issues and reissue them with the learn attack being modified so that learn attacks only effect unallocated books.
    #magi

Agree khronosschoty.

Learn attacks of science is the worst mechanic utopia have - by far.
    one thing is learn attacks against unallocated books, that can be guarded against with activity, and for those whom want to take a risk they get a bonus when allocating - thats fine.

but as it is now, TM's whom needs science is always focusing on this which means that they have amassed a ton of science and therefore will always be picked as targets for the attacker to lazy to work on their science. this means that good TM's will have daily attacks for learn(ive always bit hit at least once a day as TM, with heavy science and heavy defense).
    there is simply no guard against it. and no universities only work for a portion of it. they will still attack.

5% of allocated books is HUGE, and that means TM's will never be able to progress properly, as both their science and military will be struck down without the ability to recover.
    i second the motion to remove allocated books from learn attacks and maybe increase the unallocated to offset this change.

Director of Age Changes
    We don't know the diminishing returns exponential. Compare it to the old books sqrt(amount)*cat mod effects, being learn'd at ~11% base gains wasn't huge damage when you had a lot of them.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

11% base was freaking nuts when you got raped daily oow.
    5% is still nuts when you get raped daily.

one thing is that you put alot of time(which due to age mechanics is a resource aswell) in producing books, then you use time to generate cash to build defenses, then you use cash to get science generating buildings. and then 5% gets stolen and large part of military killed as people are often douche bags enough to cast pitfalls first.

- so you loose time(which we don't have so much off, in both military, cash and science generation)
    - we loose military - and even more after getting struck by bullies
    - and we loose precious science.

and worst of all, you can't be war ready while being hit all the time, so takes away time from the rest of the kingdom aswell.

being hit one time every day, or even every other day loosing a ton of science, elites, and time it took to get that. then yeah 5% is huge when you can't guard against it.
    even with lots of universities, forts etc to try and protect. people will always be able to break you.

this is bad - very bad.
    Last edited by Kilim; 06-10-2018 at 14:15.

We've had learns/abducts like.. forever.. 1 age without it, and people can't stop whining when it returns. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kriet View Post
    We've had learns/abducts like.. forever.. 1 age without it, and people can't stop whining when it returns. :-)
    Having an age without, and then a age with it done horrible bad, is a combination destined for max damage to the player base.
    #magi

We start with 5 scientists which generate 100 books/tick . 24h protection is 12k books so oop learns would be 600 allocated books/hit. I'm not counting any bonuses because I don't have info but if a tm gets hit 2 times oop the losses would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    We start with 5 scientists which generate 100 books/tick . 24h protection is 12k books so oop learns would be 600 allocated books/hit. I'm not counting any bonuses because I don't have info but if a tm gets hit 2 times oop the losses would be huge.
    Ok 600 sounds like a lot but how much is that really when we're generating 12k just in the 1st 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Kriet View Post
    That should be a legitimate concern, from a game development perspective.

Learns against unallocated books only may not be a bad idea. Or reduction of the base gains on allocated books to something low like 1%. I guess it remains to be seen. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Post Demon
    relax the age is to short to get decent science and way to short to have learn be a major factor.

Warring kingdoms will have to seek wars in earnest while growing kingdoms simply won't have time to catch up later on if going full ham on abducts. Since it is only books that will be taken a few abducts does nothing to hurt your book production, it only take away the produced books, so you still have the scentists to keep prduction high.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

learn needed to come back. but rev shouldnt be a spell anymore. should become a ritual instead. i like the learn attack now more than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    relax
    relaxes

For real. That's an important dynamic you just pointed out. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria View Post
    learn needed to come back. but rev shouldnt be a spell anymore. should become a ritual instead. i like the learn attack now more than before.
    I feel this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Thread Information