I do have updated rankings for this age... but need to look back over them and write them up, which I lack time for right now.

A few quick comments on my version's Pros and Cons:
Most importantly, my rankings intentionally deal with military only. This is a huge limitation, as following them slavishly would always get you the glass cannon setup, no matter how "glassy" it is. It doubles as a strength as well though, because this focus significantly reduces the judgement calls needed. (Given how off-beat my play style is, you really don't want me making unconstrained utility assignments. An example: I picked WH as my "race" this age, and thus needed Faery as my personality!)

Cons:
As above - scope limited to military. Not even gains, just mpnw.
No horses, causes a circular reference. (Until now! Need to retest that part though.)
Forced conformity to a particular setup (byproduct of limited scope) no matter the racial fit.

Pros:
Full NW compensating (although this also is a small drawback too)
Lots of factors (spells, BE, TPA and WPA mods)
Fixed off:def ratio (such as 2:1 or 70:30). You can even make a graph by varying it (I used to have a little macro back when it was excel years ago).

Overall, I'd put mine as technically sophisticated, maybe even the most so due to the fixed off:def ratio. But strategically it is simple or even simplistic, definitely the weakest on that front. All I ever really say with it is "who has the biggest stick" - nothing about being able to actually use it for anything.