Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Science Bonuses

Question about Science Bonuses

I've calculated the bonuses from sciences at certain amounts of books...

With the inital 5 scientists, you get approximately 6.5million books for the whole age (assuming a 12 Utopian YR age, no schools, no learns).

6.5million books gives you certain alarming bonuses...but the ones I'm most curious about are the reduction bonuses... For example the following 4:

Wage Reduction = 130%
    Military Training Time Reduction = 107%
    Ritual Rune Cost Reduction = 107%
    Instant Ops Reduction Damage = 87%

I'm assuming these bottom out at 0, right? As in, you don't suddenly start gaining money from wages or gaining runes from casting a ritual.

The most worrisome is Training Time...107% reduction in time means you get the troops the tick before you train them. This won't break Utopia right?

Furthermore, with a little more effort you could reach 100% reduction in instant ops damage. What if you have 150% reduction from instants, do you gain peasants when fireballed/kidnapped? Spawn troops when nightmared? Receive donation troops from propaganda?? lol
    Last edited by smercjd; 11-10-2018 at 14:48.

FYI
    "Max" as it relates to the bonuses given last age (having 30 scientists last age) is equivalent to 450K books. Just now, there are 16 types rather than just 7. Consider that 6.5million books takes all your initial scientists learning books the entire age in one category and allocating all the books into one type to make the examples above happen.

As it stands, if you divide them evenly, you will reach "max" by the end of the age in only 14 types.

Of course...you get ~20 new scientists (without revelation/labs) in a 12YR age, so you should easily max out all 16 types.

EDIT: Also...my math could be wrong of course...
    Last edited by smercjd; 11-10-2018 at 12:11.

Postaholic
    Haven't checked any of your math. But I'm confident that either spawn rate and/or category mods and/or the whole system will change for next age. This 5 weeks age is a test age, and I would guess that Jeff and David accelerated sci to be comparatively quick, as to simulate a longer age.

Edit: On test server you could gain runes casting on ritual for instance, so the code is worrisome, but I doubt it'll be allowed to work like that during a real live age.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Director of Age Changes
    Your calcs are for 12 weeks. Their scaling is specifically for 5.
    My personal opinion is that production per rank needs to be considerably toned down to make re-assign somewhat viable, along with increasing the number of starting scientists.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

+1 for ShadowHearT in signature!

And while I tend to agree with hextor, this whole thing is a mistake.

We've been promised genesis for almost two years. Here we are running a 5 week test age on wol

I totally had missed that it was such a short age.

Yeah...nobody will really be reaching those numbers anywa

Post Demon
    not sure I follow, with diminishing returns from the very first books put into a category the curve should make it rather impossible to reach such numbers in the first place as you would need an infinite number of books at some point to get further increase in bonuses. And even if it was possible to get that kind of bonuses the number of books needed would add a lot of network.

It is also not possible to have a reduction of more than 100% that would be rather silly then you are talking about a bonus and no longer an expense, it would be like trying to divide a number by 0, so I would considder such a thing a bug in the coding if it was possible.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Well, no matter how much they diminish, there is still some return. and if you focus over the course of the age, millions of books can indeed produce huge effects, even with the curves they are using.

The problem is that theoretically it IS possible to have such reduction, hence the thread.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Welcome back smerc

Can't go negative afaik.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Welcome back smerc
    Thanks, haha ^_^

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Can't go negative afaik.
    The code allows negative. Test server casters got refunded runes from ritual casts with a net gain.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Demon
    I don't see how a test server has anything to do with the real server, if it has not happened on the real server it is not possible. I'd expect that they probably haven't hardcoded everything into a testserver so it can be buggy.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    The code allows negative. Test server casters got refunded runes from ritual casts with a net gain.
    That was the test server, live was changed due to test server testing.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    oh so it was not even done on the test server after this age started, I thought they atleast had current evidence to support the statement and not just what happened before the start of the age. I have not really done anything on a test server as I do not considder it a real server unless I can sign up without emailing support, so not really in the loop about when they are running it.

Thread Information