Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2018 ~ Sign up until 15 November

Secret Santa 2018 ~ Sign up until 15 November

~~~ The first gifts have arrived! ~~~

Here we are again! Get ready for the fifth Utopian Secret Santa!

You're wondering what I'm talking about? In short, people send small gifts (self made or bought) to other Utopians and get something in return. The fun part is that no-one knows (except me) who will give them a present! Afterwards people can of course tell (or write it on the gift), but it should stay a big mystery till Christmas (or Yule, Crimbo or whatever you call it). Here you find the 2017 edition, 2016 edition, 2015 edition and the 2014 edition.

How does it work?
    You give me following information. I write it down and 'decide' through a random number generator who sends a gift to whom*. The sender (Santa) gets a message of who their target is. Please remember that sometimes gifts get stolen by evil postmen or simply don't arrive on time. Don't panic! If needed, contact me and I'll contact your Santa. Also, if you think your gift will not arrive in time, let me know and I'll pass the word discreetly on to your target. It might also be a good idea not to make or buy something expensive: you might get something cheap in return and be sad. We don't want that.
    Please also remember: don't send something you wouldn't like to get. Don't send dildo's to everyone!
    Two last things: some people want to give more gifts (to different targets), that's fine! I'll make sure that everyone who sends X gifts, gets X gifts in return (so people who send out three gifts, get three gifts). Some people don't have the means to ship stuff all around the world, no problem! Just tell me in the message what your limits are.
    CHECK OUT HOW MUCH SHIPPING IT WOULD COST! I really loathe people pulling out last minute (after targets are assigned) because they forgot and it's suddenly too expensive. If you don't know how, ask me (and tell me your country).

Additionally, I'm adding a new concept to this year's edition. As we all know, the new owners from Utopia, DavidC, JeffT and munk are much more active in the community than the previous owners. They have ushered a new way of playing with more communication platforms, frequent extensive changes and a long asked return of the Genesis server. People who are interested can send in addition to their regular Secret Santa gift an extra gift to the devs postbox. As soon as it's Christmas they will post their office tree with all the decorations they received.
    Of course this doesn't has to be an expensive gift! I'm more thinking of (selfmade) ornaments and such, maybe inspired by Utopia? During the past Secret Santa editions I've seen many great artistic skills by my fellow Utopians!

*The first two editions I worked with a true random number generator, only taking into account where people mentioned they didn't want to ship. To facilitate shipping (to make it cheaper for y'all and to hopefully get less missing posting packages) priority targets, still randomly, will be from your continent (N-America, S-America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia/NZ). If you want a truly random target (possibly from another continent), let me know! If there are not enough participants from your continent (I'm looking at S-America, Africa and Asia), you'll get an intercontinental target too.

I need this:
    - Nick (IRC, forum, Discord)
    - Sex (if comfortable)
    - The way to contact you for your target (IRC, forum, e-mail, Whatsapp, Slack, Discord, whatever is the easiest for you)
    - Name (in case your postman doesn't deliver gifts addressed to your nickname)
    - Amount of gifts
    - Ship outside EU/US/Asia/Africa/whatever (yes if all locations are fine, specify if certain limits)
    * If you don't care if your target is from the same continent, tell me
    - Your address or postal box (Don't forget to mention the country!)

How to contact me?
    - Forum PM: Nim
    - IRC PM: Dumnorix or Dumno
    - Discord PM: @Dumnorix#2805

---

Participants:
    1. Dumno
    2. QueenMab
    3. Universe
    4. Iceshimmer
    5. Sjippe
    6. DavidC
    7. Mikki
    8. Zim312
    9. Roccafeller
    10. Goodlilwitch
    11. CyrusTheVyrus
    12. Nameless_1
    13. tlgger
    14. Motherslugger
    15. Excalibus
    16. Caff
    17. Superfungi
    Last edited by Nim; 31-12-2018 at 14:34.
    PEW PEW PEW!

I am in again!
    Will email you!

Yay!
    PEW PEW PEW!

Administrator
    Very excited to decorate the Utopian Christmas Tree :)

Can't wait!
    Count me in the list of participants btw!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Me to please =)

Post Fiend
    +1 (aka add me)

w00t! I feel this will be a fun edition!

I'll need to dig up my crafting materials again, looking forward to it!
    PEW PEW PEW!

I’m in.

Sign me up!

Sign me up again.
    "Very funny, they don't have boats any more!"

w00t!
    PEW PEW PEW!

Sounds like fun

The sign up deadline is in three days!

As always I'll need a couple of days to collate all data and hunt people down that didn't give me all their information yet.
    PEW PEW PEW!

~~~~ SIGN UPS CLOSED ~~~~

Stay tuned for target handouts. :)

~~~~ TARGETS GIVEN ~~~~

Please remember:
    - If you get an early present, DON'T OPEN BEFORE CHRISTMAS!
    - Post pictures or send them to me if you can't post them yourself.
    - You're a Santa and you're certain your gift(s) will arrive late. Warn me, I'll pass the word. :)
    - You're a target and you haven't received your gift(s). Let me know, I'll poke your Santa('s) to see if everything is ok on their end.

Happy crafting or buying fellow Santa's!

If you missed this edition, write down in your agenda to look out for next year's edition in October 2019!
    Last edited by Nim; 20-11-2018 at 20:54.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Post Fiend
    with the limited info given (address, and male or female) I went outside the rules, and found my 'target' on discord, talked a bit, got an idea of some interests, took advantage of amazon prime shipping, and his gift should arrive friday..

Thread Information