Thread: Suggestions for Age 79

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    1) Personally I'm against all kinds of immunity because there is no counter to it. So fb/amnesia/dragon etc. should be gone and never, ever, ever put into the game... ever.

2) Since the 'cast spells on kd mates' mechanic was introduced RM and CS should be removed from races if a perso has the mechanic or persos if a race has the mechanic. Otherwise you will get a KD full with orc/avian palas casting rm/cs/that pala bulls**t on heres/mystics and have fun.

3) In your suggestion there are only 2 races that seem fit for a tm role - faery(rogue) and halfer(mystic/here). Halfer with bonus pop and 8 base def on the elite is above a faery with -5% pop but 9 base value. Faery/r is better because the +1 stealth and +20% sab dmg, and halfer is great for the extra tpa making mystic/here stronger in thievery.
    Elf is nowhere close with 7 base def. Probably that was the idea - making elf/dwarf more of a hybrid.

4) I'm not sure it's a good idea to give bonus for an entire category. Seems just too much.

5) I'm against shielding/fortify(are fortify and bravery the same?). The thing with this two science types is there can't be a balance(just like sage) - either too strong or too weak.

6) You didn't mention any changes on book production so I assume it stays the same?

7) Nerfing mystic/heres guilds bonus is fine as long as rogue losses the guilds bonus.
    1) Interesting. You're right that there's no *direct* counter to it...but you can definitely get around it through other ways.

2) But RM is already on Orc and we already have Paladin, is this happening already? Why would it suddenly start appearing? Also - I'm not sure how the mechanic works, can Paladin cast *any* self-spell on other races or just Paladin spells? I thought it was just Paladin-only spells that they could cast on others. I guess it does just say "support" spells...

3)
    --a) Faery also has Greater Protection...but halfling is more versatile with what to do with its population. Furthermore, forts are inherently more effective on Faeries than Halfling AND Halfling has -10% BE on top of that.
    --b) I'm not sure what point you're making - I don't think you can choose two personalities "Mystic/Heretic" also I'd say Halfling/Rogue or Halfling/Tactician would be the strongest in thievery...I think I am misunderstanding.
    --c) I see what you're saying about Light Elf and will adjust it a bit.
    --d) Yes, that was the idea, to have a bit more hybriding options. (Please see Cleric/Tactician for more on that).

4) The Science Category bonuses? They are modest bonuses, and with the sciences nerfed as as suggested, it'd be extremely difficult (impossible) to reach game-breaking numbers.

5) Ok, the pervious replies were in favor of them. I, too, am sort of against them, but that's why I suggested a mega nerf to them. With very very low modifier values, you can still focus on pumping those sciences and reaching a number that is beneficial, but it can never be game-breaking.
    --For example, with the current science, 1 million books in Shielding = 33.9% Reduction in Ops Damage
    --However, with the suggested science, 1 million books in Shielding = 5% Reduction in Ops Damage
    NOTE: You might be thinking, but wait that's a MASSIVE nerf and why have a pointless science? But if you look at the modifiers, everything was nerfed. So 1 million books in bonus Sabotage damage = 10% Increase in Ops Damage -- close to cancelling each other out. It is slightly in favor of the offensive science, but that can't break the game.
    NOTE 2: With the suggested numbers, 50% reduction in ops/gains is only attained with 100 million books.

6) Yes, I think book production is fine. The only difference is re-assigning scienctists.

7) Rogue and Paladin have +50% which is very modest. Heretic at +75% is still more, and Mystic at +150% still substantially more. I think that the current numbers are unbalanced and this is my suggestion to balance it.

OVERALL NOTE: The point with these suggestions is nerfing modifiers all around.
    Currently a Halfling/Rogue with 1 million books in Crime and maxed TD's = x5.2 modifier
    Suggested Halfling/Rogue with 1 million books in Crim and maxed TD's = x4 modifier
    -- What this does is puts a strong emphasis on the raw numbers to attain the higher values.

**Furthermore, current economy makes this game too easy to train/build/manage province/etc. You almost never have to worry about banks/armouries/mills etc...sure you can get those things to help your achieve a certain goal more quickly...but you really never *need* them. Heck 1 million books in Alchemy is +60% income...like, for real? It's all too much. Nerfing modifiers in science and spiking elite prices helps make the game a little more challening in terms of province management. Makes econ warring a more viable strategy (though not the only one)...etc.**

Compare current science to suggested ones by amount (1 million books in all of them)
    Currently Suggested
    59.20 Income 25.00
    42.30 BE 15.00
    25.40 Population 10.00
    254.00 Food&Rune 150.00
    50.50 Wage Reduction 20.00
    33.60 Build Time Reduction 12.50
    33.90 DME 16.70
    30.00 Gains 15.00
    33.90 OME 16.70
    42.30 Train Time Reduction & Dragon Slay 25.00
    33.90 Draft Speed & Cost Reduction 20.00
    152.00 TPA 67.00
    186.00 WPA 67.00
    33.90 Reduce Ops Damage 5.00
    33.90 Increase Ops Damage 10.00
    42.30 Ritual Rune Cost Reduction 25.00

As you can see, modifiers are significantly lower. If sciences were to remain as they are now, in an age with more than twice the amount of time as this age, broken numbers could be reached relatively easily.
    Last edited by smercjd; 09-11-2018 at 12:07.

Thread Information