Thread: Next Age Suggestions

Post Fiend

Next Age Suggestions

Alter Science by returning mechanics in which Science effects diminish and grow based upon BPP/BPA.

Return Kingdom Stances.

Instill Seasons ... ever 91.25 (91/92) ticks represents a Season with debatable effects - more effective Arson and Fireball in Summer and more effect Blizzard, longer Attack Times in Winter ...

Bring back Morale, Taverns, behead advisor and MS destroying Buildings too...

Get rid of Target Finder...

Post Fiend
    Bring back boats and Dark Elves that don't use runes.

Veteran
    This feels like a troll thread, but also half serious.

Seasons not a bad idea, and MS destroying buildings could work with some balancing changes. Maybe only destroys them on cast but not tickly.

I'm in favor of returning kingdom stances but I do see how it can be complicated with Rituals.

Post Fiend
    Not a troll thread!

Wholeheartedly sincere... i think my first suggestion is the most important ... science is ruined now it doesnt alter with province size ...

Wasn't it dragons that destroyed random buildings?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Dragons have never destroyed buildings while ive been playing... but ive taken many an Age off...

It is good to see more support for the Seasons concept (hint hint, Jeff and Dave!)

Enthusiast
    I always thought storms should make blizzard and tornado better. Drought should make fireball better, maybe burn food or buildings?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    I always thought storms should make blizzard and tornado better. Drought should make fireball better, maybe burn food or buildings?
    ZOMG add weather conditions and allow science to recruit meteorologists.

Post Fiend
    I like the idea of duration spells interacting with instant spells.

Post Fiend
    Keep on subject.

I really like the Seasons effect. That would be really cool. I wonder how it would play into warring/declaring -- people may adjust their war strategies due to it (that's a plus in my opinion).

I don't particularly like the science as a per acre mechanism...though I do get it, and maybe I should like it...for some reason I just don't...Maybe I don't because it feels like if it's a per acre mechanism that means larger provinces can pump more total books than smaller provinces...then if they drop in size, they are super science pumped compared to one who never grew to begin with. On this same topic, I think just dropping the science effects overall should be done to make science useful, but not something that can entirely break a province into over-powered. As they are currently, that's very possible.

Not sure how I feel about stances...I liked them when they existed, but I don't mind them being gone. I think I prefer them to rituals, though.

No idea what morale is and didn't play when taverns existed...as for MS destroying buildings...they did that? whoa. I think I wouldn't mind that and would help buff mystics a bit. Right now...the balance checks are all just increase/decreasing wpa/tpa on tms...rather than this, I think it's better to balance them by adjusting other utilities (like adding MS destroying buildings for example). This would be sweet on a Mystic, and definitely a buff - and you wouldn't have to increase their WPA as a buff to balance them with say heretic which this age is too strong.

Post Fiend
    Quite bummed no DaveC here even after 2 msgs... shall he ever read these words?

One would imagine Seasons would lead to many differing potential situations and strategies ... i just find it a fun thought to replicate the seasons working within the game, as it already has days, months and years...

Sciences by size was simply what i was used to, it is bothersome when a game changes greatly ... same situation with Morale and the older, more powerful version of MS ...

I remember reading the 'we value your feedback and suggestions' on Utopia homepage ... itd be good if Lords Dave and or Jeff would have a peek and a type in here ...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 20-11-2018 at 07:01. Reason: I missed the 't' in potential...

Regular
    I really like the idea of seasons (even if it seems like many a games are going this route). Not only would KDs consider race/personality combos but how best to adapt to the "realm" changes.

I would prefer science to work with acre or be worth more. There's decent amount of chatter of provinces camping in ghettos collecting science and being powerhouses.

I also think every age a race and personality should swap out. Hasn't been an age without Human, Dwarf, or Orc....could be interesting to see one sit....

Thread Information