Thread: Q

Post Fiend

Q

Why do i get zero gains for hitting into a War? I have done some searching but i cant find when this was implimented.

Why are you hitting into a war...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Regular
    Because the game is designed so that you get jack **** for gains when hitting into someone else's war..

It shouldn't be zero though unless there are other aggravating factors. Networth disparity or GBP are the most likely suspects.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Ah i see ... i figured i should have gotten at least something ... ah well ... next time ...

@ umajon911 ... free will.

Cheers all.

Post Demon
    Well pretty sure you could get something unexpected back, like for instance getting razed if they take it as interference in their war.

Respect other peoples conflicts and they will normally not do that, gains are -75% base gain and honor gains is 0 from hitting into war from outside unless it was changed from when I last looked at a guide about this, getting targetted after their war just simply makes it even less worthwile.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Something something casting greed and storms on kds as they enter eowcf will also get you rk'd

Post Demon
    we killed one guy once because they wd and then sent dragon after, took less than 1 tic after eow cf.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Enthusiast
    They should make it you get Negative honor for hitting/casting/opping into a war.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Post Fiend
    All is fair in love, war and online roleplaying text based strategy games...

Needs to get out more
    One of my friends from another kingdom hit me in war and got something between 0-1 acres per hit.

Depends how deep your fun meter runs. Some of us like roughhousing ;)

When we were in the same kingdom we'd aid-dump'n block, op each other, etc. It keeps you sharp.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 07-11-2018 at 23:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Such weak gains! There are three types of opportunities I look for in my warstance hits:

1) The war started recently. Warstance protection phases in linearly over the first 24 hours (-3%ish per hour) so you can pull some pretty great gains if you monitor for stance changes. They'll typically have their armies out as well. Some people are fretful and will not realize these gains but, realistically, the target KD is going to be occupied for at least the next 6 days. The chances of them even remembering to retaliate are quite minimal. If you are good at evaluating wars and can target the losing KD, they might not even be in range to do anything about it when they exit.

2) Bloated provinces. It is a common occurrence for kingdoms to designate certain provs to be shelled out and left unhit while they accumulate acres. A province that is overgrown by 4x will completely offset the warstance protection and a single hit on it will render gains equivalent to what you might find oow.

3) Suicidal provinces. If you can 4x it will offset the warstance protection -almost- completely. GBP is calculated based on the reduced gain so you can typically get all 4 hits in before moderate is reached.

If you only intend to take 1 hit and walk away, it can be advantageous to send an apologetic message afterward. I keep a few variations in a notepad for easy pasting. Nubs are less likely to seek retaliation if they believe the hit was made in error. Alternatively, you can tell them the other kd asked you to hit in. KDs will always deny asking for help even if they are guilty of it, so it doesn't diminish your claim at all. Spreading the blame around is a great way to reduce your individual risk exposure.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Kudos octobrev

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Such weak gains! There are three types of opportunities I look for in my warstance hits:

1) The war started recently. Warstance protection phases in linearly over the first 24 hours (-3%ish per hour) so you can pull some pretty great gains if you monitor for stance changes. They'll typically have their armies out as well. Some people are fretful and will not realize these gains but, realistically, the target KD is going to be occupied for at least the next 6 days. The chances of them even remembering to retaliate are quite minimal. If you are good at evaluating wars and can target the losing KD, they might not even be in range to do anything about it when they exit.

2) Bloated provinces. It is a common occurrence for kingdoms to designate certain provs to be shelled out and left unhit while they accumulate acres. A province that is overgrown by 4x will completely offset the warstance protection and a single hit on it will render gains equivalent to what you might find oow.

3) Suicidal provinces. If you can 4x it will offset the warstance protection -almost- completely. GBP is calculated based on the reduced gain so you can typically get all 4 hits in before moderate is reached.

If you only intend to take 1 hit and walk away, it can be advantageous to send an apologetic message afterward. I keep a few variations in a notepad for easy pasting. Nubs are less likely to seek retaliation if they believe the hit was made in error. Alternatively, you can tell them the other kd asked you to hit in. KDs will always deny asking for help even if they are guilty of it, so it doesn't diminish your claim at all. Spreading the blame around is a great way to reduce your individual risk exposure.
    This is the real world.

Thread Information