Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 79 Proposed Changes - Suggestions and Feedback

Administrator

Age 79 Proposed Changes - Suggestions and Feedback

Proposed changes are here!

Please use this thread to provide feedback (or other suggestions) on the currently posted changes (keep an eye on the changelog at the bottom of the post for any changes that might be made to the proposed changes post).

You can find the announcement here: Age 79 Proposed Changes
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

why the desire to kill off all PURE attackers? I dont understand the need to keep punishing and destroying the abilities of pure attackers

I felt Orc was a bit OP so I understand the nerf there.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by beer god View Post
    why the desire to kill off all PURE attackers? I dont understand the need to keep punishing and destroying the abilities of pure attackers
    Feedback can be more properly handled to influence the changes by providing details regarding why you feel the way you do and ways to address those concerns.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Can you just remove throttle? We'll forget you ever suggested ops moving meter.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Fiend
    Ops shouldn't push meter.
    Bounces shouldn't push meter.
    Learn attacks UF/Hostile only.

Each pers should have a sci field they excel in.
    Paladin - Valor.
    Tactician - Artisan.
    Undead - Shielding.
    WH - Heroism.
    Warrior - Tactics.

Change "Sorcery Science" to "Channelling Science" in description for consistency.

Good to see the changes to CF and declare meter stuff.
    Last edited by elmoheadbutt; 14-11-2018 at 11:54.

Elites:
    Avian 8/2 same cost/nw
    Dwarf 7/4 9.25 NW 950 cost
    Elf 5/7 9.5 nw 1000 gc
    Faery same
    Halfer 6/6 8 NW 700 gc // +15% pop
    Human 8/3 same nw 1200 gc
    Orc 9/1 10.5 NW 1050 gc // additional penalty - no access to anonymity

You must diversify the elites. At the moment there are 3 completely identical elites. Not to mention that racial spells aren't unique either(I don't mean faery).

Orc/Pala again will cast rm on everyone and every KD will have 1-2 orc/pala for that. Either pala can cast only the unique spells or remove rm from orc and give it to warrior.

Heretic - too nerfed. Increase tpa/wpa sci bonus to 35% and give +25% spell instant dmg.

Mystic too high sci bonus - reduce to 75%.

Rogue - remove guilds bonus.
    Last edited by Bo To; 14-11-2018 at 12:38.

Forum Addict
    By making ops move the meter you are producing a problem for ghettos. If players carry out unauthorized attacks you can find out who did it. How are you going to find a griefer, noob or mole who deliberately gets you into a war with a bigger kingdom? Do multiple ops when leadership's not on, couple of hits, press button, feed without interference and get a sci reward in 12 hours.
    Looks like a perfect set up for that scenario.
    The changes also makes war wins worthless because wins and losses can be caused as above. So what are ghettos going to aim for in terms of measuring their age on age progress or slump? If you remove achievable team goals from the game for the lower end and for what Strato calls the 'old kingdoms' don't you think the team cohesion will disappear and those players eventually leave?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Can you just remove throttle? We'll forget you ever suggested ops moving meter.
    The main idea as I interpret is that you wanna remove the retal with ops to an aggressor to make him go away kind of thing?

But there is the CF-optino as defender if no relations... so you cant op.
    I think its interesting, not sure how the dynamics would be in prcactice.
    It negates the option to op since it moves meter. So for a kingdom cant "retal" with ops and be a pain that way.
    Not sure how it will work, maybe just encourage even more to do learn-waves on smaller kingdoms, within 80% even, since it still is possibility to get a "free war win" if defenders declare. Probably.

Learn waving and hitting 80-90% smaller kingdoms will probably still delay action. If that is the intention, maybe look into this as well.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Elites:
    Avian 8/2 same cost/nw
    Dwarf 7/5 9.25 NW 950 cost
    Elf 5/7 9.5 nw 1000 gc
    Faery same
    Halfer 6/6 8 NW 700 gc // +15% pop
    Human 8/3 same nw 1200 gc
    Orc 9/1 10.5 NW 1050 gc // additional penalty - no access to anonymity

You must diversify the elites. At the moment there are 3 completely identical elites. Not to mention that racial spells aren't unique either(I don't mean faery).

Orc/Pala again will cast rm on everyone and every KD will have 1-2 orc/pala for that. Either pala can cast only the unique spells or remove rm from orc and give it to warrior.

Heretic - too nerfed. Increase tpa/wpa sci bonus to 35% and give +25% spell instant dmg.

Mystic too high sci bonus - reduce to 75%.

Rogue - remove guilds bonus.
    All good comments.

The leet numbers im not sure of. Halfer 6/6 makes it too tanky perhaps. Same with dwarf 7/5, 7/4 is enough, dont want the disruptive turtle tanker dwarfs that keeps leets home and halts chains :P Halfer leet NW is too low and as is now 5/7 is unique and maybe good enough?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ape View Post
    The main idea as I interpret is that you wanna remove the retal with ops to an aggressor to make him go away kind of thing?

Not sure how it will work, maybe just encourage even more to do learn-waves on smaller kingdoms, within 80% even, since it still is possibility to get a "free war win" if defenders declare. Probably.

Learn waving and hitting 80-90% smaller kingdoms will probably still delay action. If that is the intention, maybe look into this as well.
    Whole change is set up to be perfect for feeding.

ok you asked for examples from me. Orc already has horrible science, so you made it even worse. Dwarf is not a pure attacker, but with free builds and the good BE, it was playable, now you reduced Dwarf BE, Avian was great for those who could manage the return times, now you've increased return times which is the single biggest reason to play Avian. Humans who are more of a Diebrid (hybrid, and I hate hybrids) youve given them even more credits for building and training. What I dont get, is why you are making it so much harder to be a pure attacker?

EDit
    Last edited by Minty; 14-11-2018 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by ape View Post
    All good comments.

The leet numbers im not sure of. Halfer 6/6 makes it too tanky perhaps. Same with dwarf 7/5, 7/4 is enough, dont want the disruptive turtle tanker dwarfs that keeps leets home and halts chains :P Halfer leet NW is too low and as is now 5/7 is unique and maybe good enough?
    Halfer - the main idea is to be strong in numbers(smerjd made similar suggestion).

Dwarf - I agree and I edit my initial comment.

Can we get more info about the category mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This has got to be the single most horrible suggested change in a good long while. How can anyone defend from a 20% larger vulturing KD now? There's literally ZERO reason to accept CF's if the aggressor can hit endlessly without risking any retaliation.

I'm speechless. And sickened. This is so far out of touch with utopia.
    You as defending KD can enforce cf. The idea is simple - flee or fight.

Thread Information