Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 79 REVISED Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Administrator

Age 79 REVISED Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

REVISED proposed changes are here!

Please use this thread to provide feedback (or other suggestions) on the currently posted changes (keep an eye on the changelog at the bottom of the post for any changes that might be made to the proposed changes post).

You can find the announcement here: Age 79 REVISED Changes
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Enthusiast
    This is getting a bit insane. Have you just accepted the fact that no new players will ever join the game? Seems like this is very confusing and excessive for a new player to learn.

The mechanic changes combined with minimal race changes over the last couple ages has seen my KD lose 5 people who just don't want to bother anymore.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    This is getting a bit insane. Have you just accepted the fact that no new players will ever join the game? Seems like this is very confusing and excessive for a new player to learn.

The mechanic changes combined with minimal race changes over the last couple ages has seen my KD lose 5 people who just don't want to bother anymore.
    That's a real problem. Mechanic changes means it takes at least an age to get a grasp of things (most players don't run (spreadsheet)sims to optimize), at the rate it goes, by the time you have a grasp things change again. Science is bizarre, more scientists / less science per scientists so the net result i what?? anyones guess, keep things the same and simply say you'll get same science / 80% / 120% of science effects this age, and that already makes a big difference how to build a province thus is confusion enough.

My kingdom had less quiters over these changes, only 3 that might have quit anyway, but these changes surely don't help. Worse is that 1/3 of my kingdom is numb and don't even bother to figure out what works any more, resulting in very suboptimal provinces and kingdom strategies.

For most players racial changes are where the fun is, you can change mechanics all you want, those players will see that the game gets stale, not only that, the effect of racial changes is much easier the grasp and is actually exciting.
    Last edited by Yadda9To5; 15-11-2018 at 18:36.
    http://www.upoopu.com/: an intel repository (or: "pimp alternative") for utopia (read the guide).

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post

Honestly...I'll have to agree that the revised changes were disappointing. It's almost as if these posts don't matter at all. Do you guys even read these? Consider them?

Prepare to be waved!

DavidC:eagle:: Ops that are not unlocked by UNF will move meter, although much less than others

So much fun!
    Last edited by Avenger; 15-11-2018 at 19:15.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Mechanical changes are outrageously poor. As a provincial player seeing even more power concentrated in just a few members of the kingdom (mon and stew) just isn't very engaging or inclusive. If this game becomes even more reliant on the activity of just a small concentrated number of players in each kingdom then I think I'll have to hang up my utopian boots.

Mechanical changes should be in the interests of the many and not the few!

Post Fiend
    Yeah I'm not sure I understand the new changes. Most monarchs (and to a lesser extent, stewards) take their role right now simply because no one else really wants to. Putting more unnecessary pressure on them seems like a bad move. Again, maybe it's not as bad as it seems, but I'm not overly optimistic right now.

I'm not a monarch or a steward so I guess it doesn't affect me specifically, but I hope I never have to step up to that role haha.

Regular
    Permission for ops is almost as equally retarded as gang bang protection in war. And yes I specifically used the word gang bang protection and not map because I hate the direction you're trying to take this game.

#bringbackmehul

Veteran
    Reduced but still present GBP in war makes sense.

I'm not sure I understand all the anger over the revised changes. There's some modest improvement over the first proposal. The only really bizarre elements are authorization for relations ops and putting meter-moving ops in paper, which is going to be totally insane.

These mechanics changes seem needlessly complex. Sci system already just got a big change, can't we just make some more exciting changes to races/personalities like we did in the past and leave mechanics alone for an age?
    Last edited by clairec; 15-11-2018 at 20:39.

Please differentiate the elites. Keep human 8/3, avian goes to 8/2, elf to 7/4, dwarf to 7/5.
    Give some real race changes.
    Last edited by Avenger; 15-11-2018 at 21:40.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Fiend
    Tell me again why adding ops to meter is necessary???

So now we are taking away a viable strategy used by kingdoms eating a first wave, basically forcing them to declare immediately????

This is a bad change (at the rate in which you are proposing ops will affect the meter). I mean come on, it's basically one MS blanket on a kd for hostile.... That is a joke @DavidC.

If you are going to force people to war with this crap, then keep the damn war incentives (now we lose cost reduction, credits upon exit, and rewards go down?). Do you even think these changes through AT ALL?

Please stop with the redundant bull**** changes.

Post Fiend
    I want to play with new setups and race/pers strategies, not learn new mechanics every age. In my honest opinion, these changes propose nothing new and its the same age with minor tweaks. Add some fking variation to races and pers AS WELL AS fix your broken mechanics

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by maugrim View Post
    Tell me again why adding ops to meter is necessary???

So now we are taking away a viable strategy used by kingdoms eating a first wave, basically forcing them to declare immediately????

This is a bad change (at the rate in which you are proposing ops will affect the meter). I mean come on, it's basically one MS blanket on a kd for hostile.... That is a joke @DavidC.

If you are going to force people to war with this crap, then keep the damn war incentives (now we lose cost reduction, credits upon exit, and rewards go down?). Do you even think these changes through AT ALL?

Please stop with the redundant bull**** changes.
    I think this is a product of Discord. It's easy for the few vocal people to make the mechanics seem like a huge issue, when in fact the majority of the people who just play the game and don't spend time whining on Discord only care about race/personality changes. Of the previously 25 people in my KD, only 5 or so actually spend any amount of time reading the forums or Discord. They just silently stop playing when changes(or lack of changes) happen.

Need more Kingdoms. Drop kingdom population to 8/10 provinces
    " It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 ? April 21, 1910)
    Dungeon Dwellers Founder est age 25 -

Thread Information