Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: Age 79 REVISED Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

  1. #31
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    211
    Hey all,

    So ive been going over the changes, and a few things stand out to me. For starters, boring race/pers changes. Again, Ill probably tell the majority of the players again to play the same setup they did this age. Boring.
    The mechanics changes are going to kill this game. Fast. We lost a steward already and we're likely to lose our monarch too. I already stepped down as monarch because of the massive time investment needed. These mechanic changes, which really arent necessary, are just going to put more strain on leadership. About 90% of my kingdom doesnt even read the changes anymore. And we even have a half-decent KD. This is just going to lead to ghettos being bashed, and wars being declared where you actually already build in a mechanic for an early escape. You know this change is flawed and you're not even trying to hide it.

    I dont umderstand why this game is trying to enforce the high time investment whilst at the same time draining the fun out of it (no race/pers changes, bottomfeeding, stupid wars, ..). I already know Ill be scolding one of my KD mates for doing an MS run after we get waved and subsequently giving hostile and pushes us into war. And yes, there is a monarch button to open up ops. But this fails to account for people not reading orders when we do want to retal, but for example are trying to delay a declare. These changes cater to the very few organized KDs left.

    All in all, Im stuck trying to figure out the importance of the mechanics changes and seeing how they'll be (ab)used. Instead of seeing how awesome a setup I can run next age.
    Massive dislike. Also, any monarchs who want to take over a half decent warring KD?

    Regards,

    NighT

  2. #32
    Post Demon Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,831
    War score shouldn't update on declare. Fix it.

    10% limit for stealth and mana should be removed to tackle ET/SW abuse. Can be counterbalanced with a ~5% global op damage/spell damage reduction.

    Steal War Horses - unfriendly op or -50% gains w/o relations.
    Last edited by Avenger; 16-11-2018 at 16:06.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    621
    Everyone should remember that this is an adjustment after the half-age with new science, and is not supposed to be a radical new age. Let's not get carried away looking for shiny new things--at least until next age, when we can start berating the devs again.

  4. #34
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    War score shouldn't update on declare. Fix it.

    10% limit for stealth and mana should be removed to tackle ET/SW abuse. Can be counterbalanced with a ~5% global op damage/spell damage reduction.

    Steal War Horses - unfriendly op or -50% gains w/o relations.
    It's because war score is tied to opponents relative size. You get your score*opponent size, so as soon as the relative size changes it immediately affects war score. This would be a good way to drop a KD out of contention for WW crown by having a smaller KD get hostile and declare to drop their score immediately then WD in 12hrs for no bonuses.

  5. #35
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    450
    I think we've made the decision to just not bother this age. Too much of a headache with the op points and permissions
    Nobody wants to deal with the babysitting and meter monitoring. Unless the meter is free to all with 2 decimal places..

  6. #36
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    280
    Please for the love of god, don't increase the scientists rate generation.... I dont want my page to be full of scientists like when you first implemented the scientists system.
    Rather you mess with the books per scientists, or the rate of books, or the rate of to professor level or the starting amount of scientists over the scientists generation rate.

    And un-throttle un-restrict spells/ops too, being they need it way way way more than attackers.

    Halfers 40% bonus to TPA is a little high... being there is nothing to keep them in check being your nerfing the Elves WPA bonus.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 16-11-2018 at 21:19.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead,

  7. #37
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    183
    for ethan: spec vs elite power per nw point.. w/ current proposed changes (only orc changed)

    **D-spec**
    all 0/6 spec = 350gold (6nw) 1.00 d/nw (58.3 gold/defense)
    avian 0/7 = 350gold (7nw) 1.00 d/nw (50.0 gold/defense)

    **O-spec**
    all 0/6 spec = 350gold (4.8nw) 1.25 o/nw (58.3 gold/offense)
    Warhero 7/0 = 350gold (5.6nw) 1.25 o/nw (50.0 gold/offense)

    **Elite**
    for overall pts we'll use 1pt def = 1.2 offense points
    hum 8/3 = 1100gold (9.5nw) 0.84 o/nw, 0.31 d/nw, 1.22pts/nw
    ava 8/3 = 900gold (9.0nw) 0.89 o/nw, 0.33 d/nw, 1.29pts/nw
    dwa 7/4 = 925gold (9.0nw) 0.78 o/nw, 0.44 d/nw, 1.31pts/nw
    elf 8/3 = 950gold (9.5nw) 0.84 o/nw, 0.31 d/nw, 1.22pts/nw
    fae 3/8 = 1100gold (10.0nw) 0.30 o/nw, 0.80 d/nw, 1.26pts/nw
    ha 5/7 = 900gold (9.5nw) 0.53 o/nw, 0.74 d/nw, 1.41pts/nw
    orc 9/1 = 925gold (9.0nw) 1.00 o/nw, 0.13 d/nw, 1.13pts/nw

  8. #38
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    Stops dragging hostiles for 3-4 days like your kd does. I like the changes
    Don't know who you are but we gave the button every war this age....

  9. #39
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,748
    ~ It's About Learning ~

    While I'm retired from competing I still experiment with builds in the ghetto. I never attack unprovoked until declare.
    Therefor, I play by retal.

    If anything, I've shown players in the kingdoms I've occupied that "fighting up" is how we develop into better players. How can we learn to innovate and adapt if all we do is play by the bigger fish idiom? I'm all for mechanical changes if they are evolving and increase interest.

    My credentials are that I started the age late, ran a halfer heretic: I've never used either race/persona, never stole from anyone unprovoked: so I did no classic halfer gold stacking, did no learn attacks and spread science evenly to reflect overall effectiveness: I didn't concentrate science to reap maximum benefit. - I'm currently rated 9th in halfer honor.

    The point is, without much effort I'm demonstrating that I'm a polished player because I choose to engage the most powerful opponents while being at the disadvantage of letting them hit first, and having my entire army hit at home. Losses are high. They choose the time and how overpowering they should be after their attack(s).

    Compromising the ability for players to learn how to play at the highest levels isn't advisable.

    Solutions(?)

    The devs are trying so I'll offer this as a muse. These aren't meant to subvert monarchy, but to offer a shock absorber with chain of command intact:

    Province Meter - so your attacker gets upset and 3x retals a top player. Those of us that understand pump also understand low vulture defenses lure the angry and naive. Let them learn about honor harvesting without dragging the entire ghetto along for the ride.

    Metric Curve - while it could be exploited in ways I haven't imagined yet, allow the province meter to creep into kingdom mates of similar nw. I'm not against ops pushing the meter, provided it's along the lines of bounces and not full points.

    Selective CF Micro - I've often advocated province tournament play, but the meter always made it too dangerous to toy with. If just for practice, competition or grudge, certain provinces can be annexed from total CF. As an example, last age I was trading attacks with an avian and he msgd me that it was time for him to get war ready. We simply stopped hitting each other. We can leave this in the hands of leadership to separate the kids when necessary.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 16-11-2018 at 22:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  10. #40
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    ~ It's About Learning ~
    Compromising the ability for players to learn how to play at the highest levels isn't advisable.
    I 100% agree with this statement. Breeding bad players by changes to the game will ruin the game by fostering bad play. Once the good players leave (either by age, choice, or just how life takes them) it would just be a game of bad players which will end the game.

    Also TBH, drastic changes needs to be made in a test server and not in the main server.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead,

  11. #41
    Forum Fanatic khronosschoty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    Hey all,

    So ive been going over the changes, and a few things stand out to me. For starters, boring race/pers changes. Again, Ill probably tell the majority of the players again to play the same setup they did this age. Boring.
    The mechanics changes are going to kill this game. Fast. We lost a steward already and we're likely to lose our monarch too. I already stepped down as monarch because of the massive time investment needed. These mechanic changes, which really arent necessary, are just going to put more strain on leadership. About 90% of my kingdom doesnt even read the changes anymore. And we even have a half-decent KD. This is just going to lead to ghettos being bashed, and wars being declared where you actually already build in a mechanic for an early escape. You know this change is flawed and you're not even trying to hide it.

    I dont umderstand why this game is trying to enforce the high time investment whilst at the same time draining the fun out of it (no race/pers changes, bottomfeeding, stupid wars, ..). I already know Ill be scolding one of my KD mates for doing an MS run after we get waved and subsequently giving hostile and pushes us into war. And yes, there is a monarch button to open up ops. But this fails to account for people not reading orders when we do want to retal, but for example are trying to delay a declare. These changes cater to the very few organized KDs left.

    All in all, Im stuck trying to figure out the importance of the mechanics changes and seeing how they'll be (ab)used. Instead of seeing how awesome a setup I can run next age.
    Massive dislike. Also, any monarchs who want to take over a half decent warring KD?

    Regards,

    NighT
    Very good post -- I think I mostly agree with this, if not whole hardheartedly agree.
    #magi

  12. #42
    Forum Fanatic khronosschoty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post
    This +1
    Discord chat by the way is also crappily filled with stuff now you have to do it to the paper too?

    Our steward is looking like quitting because frankly there's only so much time and brainpower can be spared, who wants to keep learning new mechanic and be responsible for logging on every couple of hours to force a CF instead of previous method of standing orders.

    Plus the crying when leadership's not on in time and maybe 8 hours to past no forced CF no ops why don't you just put up a sign says free food.

    Plus the reduced gains off warring why war at all when you can just farm and forget without even the threat of ops. And then of course the no troop cost reduction for everyone even after a long war when you're both reduced to hitting each other with clubs simply because competitive kingdoms can abuse the whole war mechanics set otherwise.

    Now the more I think about it the more I think our steward is right. None of this sounds like actual fun.

    Changes for the benefit of the few who have the Devs ear, not the many....
    Could hardly be said better, absolutely agree with this.
    #magi

  13. #43
    Forum Addict Shai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,262
    About the changes in just gonna say: Less is more.

    Focus less on lots of advanced mechanic changes that force people to invest a ton of time trying to understand and figure out sci systems and game mechanics. Add a new race or two and make more race changes instead as this appeal to the bigger masses. 83 million people doesnt play farmville because of its advanced strategical gameplay or difficulty.

    Go back to a simpler sci system, keep game mechanics like hostile and wars simple as they were before and focus on the races and personalities. You need to simplify the game to make it appeal to a larger group. Not make it more advanced and only appeal to a small segment of players.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  14. #44
    Forum Fanatic octobrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    us
    Posts
    2,564
    Whai would a simple person sign up for a "hardcore strategy game?"
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

  15. #45
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    450


    So anyone doing any of these ops is going to now be shown in the KD news?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •