Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
I've tried to make Humans a bit more blank slate, with military science and income being their strength and the arcane being a their weakness.

Human

Bonuses
+30% Income
Income Penalty Protection
+30% Military Science Efficiency

Penalties
-20% Arcane Science Efficiency
-1 spec strength (off: 5/0, def: 0/5)

Spell book: Greater Protection, Inspire Army, Quick Feet
Elite: Offense: 6 Defense: 6 Networth: 9.5 Cost: 1200
Soldiers: Offense: 1 Defense: 1

So this version of a Human would be one where the idea is that you can make anything out of them. The military science can go either way and you have the numbers to support focusing on defense or offense. You can be an attacker. With attacker buildings and your increased ME sci, you can reach usual attacker numbers. The trade off, of course is that you are weaker to TM ops.
I really like this suggestion and I think it's in the rigth direction, but I think they'd be a little too weak -- well...by itself, not so bad, but I believe that they will be nerfind sciences substantially enough that +30% ME won't be quite so grand. Those penalties are really harsh, though.

Consider a late game province with +10% OME/DME...A human would have +13%...3% bonus OME/DME doesn't make up for a 6/6 Elite and -1/-1 to specs. An early game human is in even more trouble. Furthermore, you can't really make anything of this human...definitely don't want to make a TM out of it because of it's bad Arcane Science

Right now, I think Dwarf fits their versatile race role the most...

HOWEVER - I definitely like your idea and think that Humans could very sensibly be the more versatile ones

If you want a versatile human
Human

Bonuses
Income Penalty Protection
+30% Science Effectiveness

Penalties
None

Spell book: Inspire Army, Quick Feet
Elite: Offense: 7 Defense: 6 Networth: 10.5 Cost: 1300
Soldiers: Offense: 1 Defense: 1

Giving them a bonus to all sciences means they can play basically anything. 7/6 elite rather than 6/6 is because they need to have something comparable to other attackers to even be considered a viable attacker. Then adjusting the cost to elites and increasing the NW to the elites makes their "Penalty" fall more to NW difference and such - making them suffer higher losses to larger oponents if they choose to run the 100% elite army, etc...